You're My Star

Flickering Candle (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Can’t you tell me where we’re headed to?” Mingyu whined, pouting a little as he placed his chin on Wonwoo’s shoulder, hoping to get an answer. 

“That’s like…the tenth time you’ve asked this question ever since we’ve gotten on the bus. And for your information, it has been only half an hour since the journey started.” Wonwoo laughed, pushing Mingyu’s forehead away with his index finger gently.

“Exactly! I don’t get why you’re making this entire trip a mystery?!” Mingyu huffed, throwing his arms in the air for exaggeration.

“Well one thing’s for sure. We headed to Changwon.” Wonwoo shrugged his shoulder, pointing out the destination on their bus ticket.

“I’m not dumb. I can read.” Mingyu narrowed his eyes at his boyfriend.

“Was not trying to imply anything. But hey. Can’t stop you from inferring.” Wonwoo teased, reaching out for Mingyu’s hand as he interlocked their fingers together.

“…Oh my god…you just insulted me didn’t you?!” Mingyu exclaimed, throwing the older a deadly stare with his mouth opened slightly.

“No…? Babe. Just take a nap. You know no matter how hard you try, I’ll never tell you the answer. So please. Just sleep.” Wonwoo tried convincing the younger, placing his free hand over Mingyu’s eyes. Moments later, Wonwoo could hear Mingyu’s breathing slow down.

“Yah! Just close your eyes and relax.” Wonwoo scolded when he took his hands off Mingyu’s eyes, the younger was still wide awake, staring at down at him. He was tricked by Mingyu as always, and the younger grinned at him.

“Just one tiny small little clue. Pleaseeeeeeeee…” Mingyu begged, poking Wonwoo’s cheek.

“N. O. No. Babe you’re really cute. Why are you so persistent?” Wonwoo chuckled at the younger’s actions, kissing his finger.

“I just hate all this suspense.” Mingyu whined, crossing his arms.

 

“Mummy…why is he acting like a baby?” A little boy seated a few rows in front asked while pointing blantantly in Mingyu’s direction. The boy had been staring at Mingyu and Wonwoo since a few minutes ago, and he simply couldn’t comprehend the older’s behaviour.

“Ssh…Seungjae-ah. Don’t point at that hyung. It’s rude.” His mother hushed the boy, pulling his hand backwards as she gave an apologetic look towards the couple.

“Hey little boy! What’s your name?” Wonwoo asked, giving one of his sweetest smile.

“Hey hyung! My name is Go Seungjae! I am 4 years old!” The little boy introduced himself, holding up 4 fingers as he beamed at Wonwoo. Seungjae then left his seat, plopping down right in between Mingyu and Wonwoo, totally ignoring the former’s existence and presence. It seemed like a normal routine for Seungjae to be running about talking to strangers as his mother merely smiled at the boy.

“Seungjae-ah! Do you like jellies?” Wonwoo asked, trying to get to know the boy.

“Yes! I love jellies!” Seungjae exclaimed, nodding his head with excitement gleaming in his eyes.

“Here! I have some jellies.” Wonwoo grinned, pulling out a packet of jellies from the pocket of his hoodie.

“Thank you hyung!” Seungjae tried wrapping his tiny arms around Wonwoo’s broad shoulder.

“Hey kid! Keep your hands off him! He’s mine!” Mingyu stared as he pried Seungjae’s hands off Wonwoo’s shoulder.

“Mingyu-ah! Don’t do that to him!” Wonwoo scolded.

“Don’t do that to me.” Seungjae huffed, playfully rolling his eyes at Mingyu while sticking his tongue out.

“Yah! Wonnie-ah…look at the demon…” Mingyu whined, pouting as he pointed directly at Seungjae.

“No pointing! Mummy say it’s rude!” Seungjae scolded, biting Mingyu’s finger, causing the boy to whelp in pain.

“Go Seungjae! What did I say about biting?” Seungjae’s mother scolded as she approached the boys, trying to bring her son away.

“No! No! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” Seungjae apologized profusely, looking at his mother with droopy puppy eyes. The toddler’s mother looked at Mingyu and Wonwoo hesitantly, as if waiting for them to give her an answer.

“It’s fine! Toddlers tend to be like that. Mingyu’s fine. Right?” Wonwoo nudged the younger next to him. Mingyu looked like he was about to protest the exact opposite, but seeing Wonwoo glare at him made him nod his head in defeat.

“Sorry for all the trouble…he can never stay still during a trip…” Seungjae’s mother apologized, bowing her head.

“It’s fine…and I know how that feels. You look really tired…we can take care of him until we reach Changwon at least.” Wonwoo offered as he carefully smoothed out Seungjae’s hair. Mingyu looked at Wonwoo with an indignant look, but the older merely wiggled his eyebrows at him.

“Thank you so much…it’s been a little tough taking care of this little one…” Seungjae’s mum smiled as she went back to her seat to take a short nap for the rest of the bus ride.

“Here you go hyung! I’m sorry for biting you…” Seungjae apologized once more, holding out a jelly to Mingyu’s face with Wonwoo cooing from the side.

“Eew…gross…your hand is filled with saliva…” Mingyu cringed, pulling away from Seungjae’s hand.

“Oh come on…that’s his way to make it up to you…just accept it already…look at his puppy face…” Wonwoo cooed, squishing Seungjae’s cheeks together, making the toddler giggle and push the jelly towards Mingyu’s face once more.

“Urgh…” Mingyu’s expressions were disgusted and bitter, but ate the jelly nonetheless.

“Yay! Hyung is not upset anymore!” Seungjae cheered, pumping his fists into the air as Wonwoo cheered alongside him. Mingyu spent the rest of the bus ride sulking as Wonwoo and Seungjae sang nursery rhymes and played ‘I Spy’. When it was time for them to get off the bus and go separate ways, Mingyu couldn’t be happier. Poor Seungjae on the other hand was bawling his eyes out, not wanting to leave Wonwoo, saying that the older was the best company he had. Wonwoo gave the younger boy a kiss on his cheeks, reassuring him that they would meet soon for sure.

“Let’s go check into the hostel room I booked.” Wonwoo hooked arms with Mingyu, leading the way with the help of the navigator on his phone.

“Oh my gosh…you can see me now? What happened to ignore Mingyu for the entire bus ride and not tell him a single about where we’re going?” Mingyu spat with sarcasm, clearly jealous from the lack of attention Wonwoo had been giving.

“Yah…are you mad at me…?” Wonwoo asked as he stopped walking, pulling Mingyu backwards with no warning.

“No…” Mingyu sighed, turning around to face Wonwoo with a pout.

“Then…you must jealous…right?” Wonwoo teased, positioning himself in front of Mingyu.

“No…” Mingyu retorted looking straight into Wonwoo’s eyes trying to prove his point. But his pout deepened, proving his point wrong.

“Aigooo…is my little puppy jealous? But why?” Wonwoo continued teasing, grinning as his eyes turned into little crescents. 

“I said I’m not.” Mingyu huffed in irritation.

“Really? Okay then. No kisses for the not jealous nor mad little puppy. Let’s g-” Wonwoo was about to take a step forward but Mingyu pulled his arm, making the older stumble back into his arms.

“What if I’m mad AND jealous? Will I get two kisses then?” Mingyu asked, a cheeky smile appearing, his attitude changing a whole 180 degrees.

“Huh? Two? But I thought you weren’t mad nor jealous?” Wonwoo pretended not to know what Mingyu wanted.

“I changed my mind. I am both mad and jealous.” Mingyu crossed his arms, shooting Wonwoo a satisfied look.

“You are? But you don’t look like it…you look too happy…” Wonwoo chuckled when he saw Mingyu’s brows pinched together.

“Are you the little cells living in my brain? You’re not. You just a kitten. You don’t know how I-” Wonwoo’s lips hovered over Mingyu’s, just an inch away.

“Are you going to keep talking or will you let me kiss you already?” Wonwoo smirked, knowing how much his teasing affected Mingyu.

“J-Just do it already…” Mingyu complained, jutting his lips out further.

“Okay bossy pups…” Wonwoo snickered before tiptoeing to place his lips onto Mingyu’s. The younger’s eyes fluttered close as he wrapped his arms around Wonwoo’s waist, giving Wonwoo a little support.

“That’s one.” Wonwoo opened his eyes to look at the way Mingyu frowned a little with his eyes closed. Cute. He wrapped his arms around Mingyu’s neck before angling his lips against the younger’s once more. But this time, Mingyu was more than prepared. Just as Wonwoo was about to pull away, Mingyu started on his lower lip gently. Mingyu could feel Wonwoo crack a small smile against his lips before opening up slowly, letting the kiss get deeper.

In the middle of an empty pathway, stood two boys who were in such deep love, appreciating and enjoying every second of each other’s company. If you asked them what happiness was, they would tell you with every glimmer of happiness in their eyes that it was their partner. Young love, a hot and fierce flame.

“You…literally take my breath away…every…single…time…” Wonwoo mumbled, taking in deep breathes. Mingyu had the brightest smile on his face, watching his boyfriend, quite breathless himself too. When they were done staring at each other, both broke into a fit of giggles before proceeding to make their way to the hostel hand in hand.

“So…where are we headed to now?” Mingyu asked once they kept their belongings in their room, leaving the hostel for their first activity of the day.

“Is the place far? I’m tired of moving about…” Mingyu complained, bending his back as he slowed his pace down.

“I think I’m going to be more tired…dragging you around…” Wonwoo retorted but he continued pulling Mingyu upslope.

“Are we there yet?” Mingyu lamented making Wonwoo turn around to throw him a dirty glare.

“We would have been there by now if you would try to at least move your fat a little…” Wonwoo huffed. The sun was glaring down at them and Mingyu was really not making things any better with his complaints and heavy weight on Wonwoo.

“Fine. Let’s race up there. Loser owes the winner something. Bye!” Mingyu shouted as he turned back to wave at Wonwoo, running off with a headstart.

“ing cheater!” Wonwoo shouted back as he chased the younger trying to close the gap between them, but most of his energy was drained from dragging Mingyu halfway up the slope.

“Urgh. I swear to god. This ing overnight date is the worst thing I’ve ever come up

Please log in to read the full chapter