Our Love Never Rests

Flickering Candle (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Mingyu-ah! Wake up! We’re gonna be late!” Wonwoo shook the younger desperately by his shoulders.

“Urghhh…I didn’t get enough sleep…let’s just stay in today…” Mingyu groaned, turning to the other side, avoiding Wonwoo’s incessant callings.

“No we can’t! Come on! You’ll regret not getting up!” Wonwoo nagged, pulling the sheets off Mingyu.

“Babeeeeeeee….please…we didn’t even sleep till like 3am…” Mingyu whined, covering his face with his hands.

“Well whose fault was it? I wasn’t the one who kept asking for more kisses.” Wonwoo laughed, hitting Mingyu’s arm.

“Ahhhh! You’re so mean! I hate you.” Mingyu groaned, pulling the abandoned sheets from Wonwoo’s hand, covering himself once more.

“I swear to god…Kim Mingyu. You’re the worst! I’m leaving without you if you don’t get up in 3, 2-” Wonwoo threatened, but it was short-lived when Mingyu pulled him back into bed with his arm wrapped around the older’s neck.

“Just…5 more minutes…” Mingyu whispered, his other arm snaking around Wonwoo’s waist.

“What did I do in my last life to deserve this torture of waking you up…” Wonwoo complained, struggling his way out of Mingyu’s grasp. Nope. It was an absolute failure.

“Cute. Keep trying. You’re so skinny you don’t even have much muscle…” Mingyu grinned, leaning his chin on top of Wonwoo’s head. They lay in that position for exactly 5 minutes, and Wonwoo was on the verge of strangling Mingyu.

“Mingyu-ah! Wake up already! We’re late!” Wonwoo scolded as he escaped from Mingyu’s headlock.

“What time is it?! Why do you keep saying that we’re late?” Mingyu groaned, rubbing his face, showing some kind resolution in getting up.

“It’s…4.03am. Hurry up! We’re supposed to be there by 5.30am!” Wonwoo ranted as he checked the time on his phone.

“It’s freaking 4am in the morning Jeon Wonwoo! What the hell are we supposed to be doing?! Normal human beings don’t get up this early!” Mingyu groaned, his voice coming out gruffly.

“Hurry up! Kim Mingyu! I’m serious right now! We’re going to miss the sunrise!” Wonwoo complained, as he sat himself on Mingyu’s stomach. Mingyu let out a yelp, not expecting Wonwoo to rest his entire weight on him.

“Wonnie-ah. Please. I’m begging you. The sun rises every single day. We can catch it some other day…” Mingyu begged as he faked a crying face in hopes of Wonwoo giving in. It would have worked any other day, but not today. Wonwoo had been looking forward to watch the sunrise ever since the day he started planning. He literally felt like he didn’t sleep for a few days continuously, but the thought of the beautiful and breath-taking view made up for everything.

“Fine. Then I’m leaving. Sleep well.” Wonwoo snorted, getting off Mingyu. If he doesn’t want to come along then I’ll go myself. Wonwoo picked up his coat, phone and wallet before closing the door shut behind him.

As Mingyu lay in bed all alone, he could hear Wonwoo scuffle around outside their room. The sleepiness was overwhelming, but there was no way he could possibly lay around sleeping when Wonwoo’s out somewhere dangerous exploring himself.

“ myself for being such a considerate and loving boyfriend…” Mingyu groaned as he got out of bed, ruffling his hair.

“Can you give me…10 minutes? I need to wash up and change…” Mingyu approached Wonwoo with a sheepish grin.

“7. Take it or leave it.” Wonwoo sighed, flopping down on the sofa.

“Don’t leave without me!” Mingyu pressed a quick kiss against Wonwoo’s forehead before dashing into the toilet, washing up as fast as he could. When he was done, he ran back into their room for a change of clothes.

“Done! Let’s go!” Mingyu held his hand out to Wonwoo, and the older reluctantly gave in. The two of them strolled up the mountain that was just behind their hostel, thick silence engulfing them. Wonwoo enjoyed the silence, observing the view from different heights as they travelled up. As much as he wanted to stay mad at Mingyu, he knew it wasn’t his fault for not wanting to get up. Afterall, they did go to bed late, and 2 hours of sleep was not sufficient for Mingyu.

“Hang in there…we’ll get some rest on the bus back home later.” Wonwoo caressed Mingyu’s cheek, giving Mingyu a soft smile to show that he wasn’t mad at him. And it worked. Mingyu replied with one of his bright smiles, leaning into Wonwoo’s touch before he tightened his grip on Wonwoo’s hand as they continued trudging up the mountain. When they finally got to the top, they couldn’t stop the gasps and loud exclamations. The view was to die for. The peak had a bluish hue and from the top, the mountain looked pristine and white while the surrounding pine trees swayed along with the breeze.

They settled down on one of the huge rocks with their legs crossed, bodies pressed up against each other. It didn’t take long for the sun to rise, darkness fading away as the bright orange hue of rays broke through. As it gradually raised above the forest below, a defined circle of orange peeked through, showcasing the baby blue sky accompanied by fluffy white clouds.

“Babe?” Wonwoo called out, his eyes glued to the view before him.

“Mm?” Mingyu hummed, turning over to look at Wonwoo. The sun rays casted on Wonwoo made his features stand out even more.

“…Thank you…” Wonwoo let out a soft chuckle before finally turning to face Mingyu.

“Anything for my boyfriend.” Mingyu pulled the older closer by his chin, closing the space between them as he hovered over Wonwoo’s lips.

“I love you.” Mingyu whispered before kissing the older. It was a short kiss, but sweet and meaningful.

“I love you too.” Wonwoo whispered back, resting his head on Mingyu’s broad and sturdy shoulder.

 

 

“Go to sleep. You barely slept…” Wonwoo patted his lap, offering it for Mingyu to lay his head on. They were seated at the back of the bus, heading back to Seoul. Their weekend date coming to an end, both had thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

“…But I want to watch you…” Mingyu pouted, but placed his head on the older’s lap nonetheless.

“Silly boy…you can watch me all you want. Anytime, any day. Go to sleep for now…you must be tired.” Wonwoo combed through Mingyu’s hair with his fingers.

“You’re tired too…” Mingyu retorted, pulling one of Wonwoo’s hand, interlocking their fingers.

“I’ll wait for you to sleep.” Wonwoo smiled, patting Mingyu’s chest gently. The younger’s eyes fluttered close after a few pats, seeming to take comfort with the gentle touches of his boyfriend.

“Sweet dreams.” Wonwoo whispered as he bent down to Mingyu’s level, placing a chaste kiss on the younger’s forehead. He closed his eyes, head bobbing along as the bus went over a few bumps. Both boys were soon fast asleep, paying for their sleep debt. It must have been a really good nap because the bus driver had to shake Wonwoo’s shoulder to inform him that they have arrived back at the Seoul bus terminal.

“I’m going to miss you…can’t you stayover tonight? I don’t think I can sleep without you…” Mingyu asked, giving Wonwoo his infamous kicked puppy eyes. They’d arrived at the orphanage and Mingyu was reluctant to let Wonwoo go after spending the past 2 days with the older.

“Aren’t you going to get tired of me at this rate…? Seeing me all day…” Wonwoo chuckled as he let Mingyu drag him towards his shared room.

“No way…I’ll never ever get tired of seeing you.” Mingyu shook his head as they cuddled together in his bed.

“…Do you think…we’ll still be able to stay this close once the school term starts for me?” Wonwoo wondered out loud, playing with Mingyu’s pinky finger.

“Of course! We can stay this close as long as we love each other!” Mingyu insisted.

“We wouldn’t…drift from each other…right?” Wonwoo questioned, looking down at their fingers tangled together.

“Wonnie-ah…what’s wrong?” Mingyu asked, concerned about the sudden insecure questions Wonwoo popped ever since they got back. The older didn’t look up or answer his question and Mingyu was getting more anxious at the silence.

“Wonnie? Babe? Why are you crying?” Mingyu cooed as he thumbed away the tear rolling down Wonwoo’s cheek. The older shook his head, closing his eyes before more tears could fall out.

“Baby…what’s wrong…? You’re scaring me…” Mingyu’s voice shook a little, all sorts of differe

Please log in to read the full chapter