Dumb and Dumber

Flickering Candle (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Wonwoo! Wonwoo! Wake up!” An incredibly annoying voice sang into Wonwoo’s ear.

“You’ll regret once he really does.” Another voice laughed.

“Just say something like…Mingyu got kidnapped or something.” A third voice joined in the conversation.

“Shut up already…” Wonwoo groaned, flipping to the other side, his hand accidentally hitting the person next to him.

“Ouch…yah! The results are out!” Soonyoung glared at Wonwoo, rubbing his cheek.

“Not very interested to know…” Wonwoo mumbled but he got out of bed nonetheless. He washed up before heading back into his room to see each of his friends holding a similar brown envelope.

“Do we really have to do this together…? It’s so cheesy I can’t even…” Wonwoo grumbled as he held the brown envelope with his name printed on it. He was actually nervous and it was evident just by the way his hands were shaking as he had a tight grip on the envelope. The letter held their future and college life for the next 3-4 years.

“On the count of 3. 1, 2, 3.” Soonyoung counted, and the moment he said 3, nothing but the sound of them tearing the envelopes apart filled the room. There was silence for a mere moment as all 3 pairs of eyes glanced though the letter, trying to read and find out which faculty they got into. Jihoon’s scholarship had already been accepted, so he didn’t have a letter, only wanting to watch and find out his friends’ future.

“YES! I GOT IN! I GOT IN!” Soonyoung cheered, jumping on Wonwoo’s bed as he did his celebratory dance. Jihoon chuckled as he watched the other, simply entertained.

“Business for life. Yay.” Jun commented as he had a bored expression. Wasn’t business what he wanted…? At this comment, Jihoon raised a brow.

“Won? Hello? What faculty did you get into?” Soonyoung asked, all 2 other pair of eyes now focused on Wonwoo.

“Faculty of…teaching!” Wonwoo’s face brightened up, giving his friends a wide grin as they sighed in relief.

“Jeez…the silence got me worried for a moment…” Soonyoung heaved, nudging Wonwoo’s shoulder.

“Are you guys going to move out into the dorms? I heard that the dorms in SNU allocated for first years are based on faculties. Something about bonding within the community.” Soonyoung asked.

“Well, I am. I’m going to need as much sleep as I can get and living in the dorms would alleviate the problem of travelling.” Jihoon bobbed his head.

“I think I am too…” Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders.

“What about you Jun? Hello? Earth to Jun?” Soonyoung snapped his fingers, making the mentioned boy turn his attention to him.

“Most probably the dorms too…it living in such a big mansion all by myself…” Jun complained.

“Great! So we’ll all be moving out into dorms! I better get going…my Seokminnie is ending school soon~ Bye everyoneeeee!” Soonyoung waved with his envelope in hand before leaving.

“Now that he is gone. Spill. What’s up…” Jihoon poked Jun’s shoulder.

“Hah. So I was not the only one who thought something was up.” Wonwoo commented, hi fiving Jihoon in the process.

“W-What…?” Jun stuttered under the pressure of the brothers’ look.

“Business for life. Yay.” Both Jihoon and Wonwoo imitated the exact tone and expression Jun used when he was announcing his results.

“Oh.” Jun sighed, massaging his nape.

“Oh come on!” Wonwoo elbowed the other’s side, making him yelp in surprise.

“I just…don’t know if this is what I really want to do…for life.” Jun sighed, groaning as he buried his face in Wonwoo’s pillow.

“…huh? But didn’t you say that…you want to…” Wonwoo’s brows were drawn together. Jihoon had the exact same expression, but the shorter punched Jun’s shoulder, trying to get an answer.

“I-I…don’t really want to take over my family’s business…” Jun whined.

“Look. No one is forcing you to take business and nobody can. You still have time to contemplate and go make changes if you want.” Jihoon advised.

“Yeah…don’t end up doing something you hate for the next 3 to 4 years…” Wonwoo continued.

“My parents will kill me if they ever find out that I changed my faculty…” Jun snorted, waving away both his friends’ advices.

“Actually no. Not only the next 3 to 4 years. It’s for life…” Wonwoo gasped.

“Wonnnnnn! You’re not helping!” Jun whined even louder.

“Stupid grownass baby. What he said was true so you better get the up and start thinking. I’m not going to spend the rest of my life hearing you lament and complain about getting into the wrong faculty and getting a ing job you hate all day.” Jihoon scolded.

“You’re dumber than Mingyu and that says a lot about you as a person.” Wonwoo laughed, meaning to pass it off as a joke, but little did he know, his boyfriend was standing right by the door as he spoke of that sentence.

“Yah Jeon Wonwoo! What does that mean?!” Mingyu shouted, crossing his arms, as he glared at his boyfriend across the room.

“Oopsie…time to leave. World War number 1749 is about to start…” Jihoon laughed, darting out of Wonwoo’s room before the latter could throw a pillow in his direction.

“I-It was meant as a joke…I didn’t mean it! I’m sorry!” Wonwoo apologized, laughing a little when he saw how peeved Mingyu looked.

“As a matter of fact. I’m not as dumb as you think.” Mingyu scoffed, throwing his test paper onto Wonwoo’s lap, trying to prove his boyfriend wrong.

“Are you guys forgetting something…?” Jun groaned as he lifted his head up from the pillow.

“Why are you still here? Go think through and make up your mind. Go home and cry or irritate your boyfriend or something.” Wonwoo chased Jun out of the room, leaving him and Mingyu alone in his room.

“Soooooo….how did my little puppy do? Let’s take a look.” Wonwoo jumped into his bed, landing next to the younger.

“Ohhhhhhh…someone got an A huh.” Wonwoo cooed as Mingyu pretended to look elsewhere with a haughty look.

“An A that dummies don’t attain.” Mingyu scoffed snatching the paper out of Wonwoo’s hands.

“Babeeeeeee…I didn’t meant it that way. You know right?” Wonwoo tried shaking Mingyu’s arm from the side, but the younger merely look in the other direction, a small pout appearing.

“Gyuuuuuuu~ are you really mad?”

Please log in to read the full chapter