My heart is yours

That infuriating chunk of muscle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week since Seungcheol’s confession. Soonyoung was still too shocked about knowing the basketball player’s feelings for him whilst the latter seemed to have simply forgotten about it.

He still acted his normal self in class, with his teammates, and with their friends. But to Soonyoung? He clearly changed.

Seungcheol hadn’t bothered him like he used to everyday. He hadn’t dropped into their dance studio with drinks or sweets like he used to. He hadn’t even smiled at Soonyoung like he used to. They still talked, normal teenage conversations like homeworks and college, but it was different. Coldy different.

It honestly irked Soonyoung how emotionally, mentally, and physically it has affected him. He shouldn’t care about Seungcheol ignoring him but he cares. He seriously and deeply cares. But more frustratingly, he couldn’t do anything about their situation. Or rather, he didn’t know what to do.

Their friends have surely noticed the change in their interactions too but thankfully refrained from asking them about it.

As days passed and things seemed to be on a standstill, he then decided to put Seungcheol’s confession and cold treatment at the back of his mind, burying it deep into his subconscious. He then concentrated all of his energy to their practice. He trained hard, almost forcing to overexert himself. It was his last competition in his high school career after all; he wanted it to be flawless, perfect.

He’d perform with all of his heart and celebrate no matter the outcome. His final stage would be his swan song. He’d give it his all to perform the performance of his lifetime.

With or without Seungcheol by his side, he’d perform with his heart on his sleeve and won’t ever regret it.

 

**

Soonyoung stared at his reflection. He was in their dressing room, alone. s were outside, watching the other contestants perform, leaving Soonyoung to his own devices. He was desperately trying to calm down his nerves but his attempts were all futile. He closed his eyes again and tried to count backwards.

“Knock knock.” He then heard Jihoon’s voice. He opened his eyes and saw through the mirror his best friend. He was standing by door, smiling at Soonyoung. The dancer instantly returned it.

“Hey,” he said, waving over Jihoon. The small lad walked towards him and pushed a bouquet of sunflowers onto his face. Soonyoung scrunched up his face. “Shouldn’t you give this to me after we perform?” he asked but still took the bouquet in his hands, a smile playing on his lips.

He stared at the bright yellow flowers, his nerves somehow calming. “Thanks,” he said, smiling at his best friend gratefully. “It’s not from me,” Jihoon replied with a huff. Soonyoung raised an eyebrow. “Then from whom?” he asked. Jihoon stared at him, unamused. The dancer just furrowed his brows and frowned.

“We knew, you know,” Jihoon told him, suddenly serious. He leaned on the dresser, crossed his arms over his chest, and stared meaningfully at Soonyoung. “We knew Cheol has feelings for you-” Soonyoung’s brows shot up in surprise “-and that he has finally confessed to you.”

Soonyoung suddenly looked down, unable to meet his best friend’s gaze. “Did he tell you?” he timidly asked. Jihoon scoffed. “He didn’t. It was just plain as day how much he adores you,” he said, rolling his eyes. The dancer stared at him, bewildered. “It was?” he dumbly asked. This was the first time he’d heard of it. His best friend nodded his head. “Everyone knew,” he replied but then frowned. He stared at Soonyoung, brows knitted. “Everyone knew except for you so it seems.”

Soonyoung started to caress the flower petals, his thoughts in a daze. “I-I just… You know…” He tried to explain or whatever it was he was trying to do. He honestly didn’t know.

He groaned out in frustration. “I just wasn’t expecting it,” he admitted.

Jihoon squeezed his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile. “Things will be alright,” he told him. Soonyoung nodded his head, smiling slightly. “I hope so,” the dancer replied. “I honestly hope so.”

 

**

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter