❝ix❞

Withstand the Feeling
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I X  -  W I T H S T A N D  T H E  F E E L I NG

 

Two weeks had passed as Heeyoung is going back to Seoul tomorrow. She’s packing her things quietly, sighing every five minutes reminiscing her healing weeks in the province. She’ll definitely miss its peaceful environment, strong and fresh air, the delicious foods, the fashion styles of the ahjummas and ahjusshis strolling the neighborhood, everything that the urban world doesn’t have, she will miss it all.

Her healing week also includes Chan. All she could think for the past weeks is Chan. Yes! Lee Chan! It was odd that Chan’s been managing her mind’s space. She misses his existence all of a sudden. She felt empty without Chan by her side. She wasn’t that bright and happy without him. There’s a part of her that she wants to see him. That’s why she’s a bit excited to go back.

She stopped packing hearing a soft knock from the door. She glanced back before looking away seeing her mother entered quietly from her room. “Are you excited for tomorrow?” her mother asked taking a seat from her bed. Heeyoung hummed with a nod, smiling a bit. “You will see your crush. What’s his name again? Chan?” her mother hummed.

“Umma!” Heeyoung exclaimed in embarrassment and hid her face under her hair, avoiding her tomato face not to be seen. Her mother chuckled and nudged her daughter. “Don’t pretend you don’t like the guy Lee Heeyoung” her mother sang and smiled in victory seeing Heeyoung having a hard time calming herself.

Heeyoung blew her bangs heaving a defeated sigh and looked down sadly. Her mother signalled her to sit beside her as she obliged avoiding eye contact. It was silent waiting each other to talk. “I’m just curious Heeyoung, why are you doing this? The ‘I don’t have feelings for him’ thing? I don’t get it” her mother emphasized.

Heeyoung chuckled. “Wow! You sound like a teen” Heeyoung remarked, her chuckle didn’t stop. She stopped seeing her mother waiting for her answer. She cleared and looked down. “Because I’m not sure about my feelings to him. I’m not sure if I really like the guy umma~” she sang with a soft hum. “But, do you like Chan?” her mother tilted her head eyeing Heeyoung’s reaction. “I’m trying to know--” Heeyoung was cut off. “Do. you. like. Chan?” her mother emphasized moving her face closer anticipating Heeyoung’s answer. Heeyoung sat there before nodding biting her lower lip controlling herself not to blush in front of her mother. “That’s the answer I want to hear” her mother smiled in satisfaction. “Is it hard to admit hmm?”

“Just like what I’ve said, I’m not sure about my feelings” Heeyoung answered. “Are you genuine with your response or you just respond the first thing that pops to your head earlier?” her mother crossed her arms. “Off course umma! Why would I admit something that isn’t genuine?” Heeyoung scoffed with a pout.

“I don’t know to you! Aigoo! Teens these days making their live’s complicated! Aish! You’re giving me an headache Lee Heeyoung!” her mother frustratingly stormed out her room.

Heeyoung got puzzled at her mother’s quick attitude adjustment. “... Aigoo! Is she on her period today or that’s the result of aging?” she muttered shaking her head slowly.

“She’s back?” they chorused standing on their seats in excitement. Chan nodded with a hum. “Since when?” they asked. “Just today” Chan simply answered. “How come you know she’s back today Chan? Are you stalking Heeyoung?” Minghao asked innocently. “I’m not stalking her!” Chan exclaimed. “A friend of mine told me that he saw Heeyoung” Chan explained as they convincingly sang in unison while nodding.

“Then go to her house and confess” Junhui blurted as Chan widened his eyes. “What?! Anni anni” Chan shook his head vigorously. “Don’t be a Chan. You need to confess your feelings to her! Don’t let your opportunity slip while you still got a chance. Maybe she’ll go away again” Hansol snorted and rolled his eyes.

“I’m not Hansol hyung. I got surprised with what Junhui hyung told” Chan frowned. “So you’re ready to confess to Heeyoung later?” Wonwoo asked as they nodded eagerly convincing Chan. “But, I don’t know what to say” Chan exclaimed jaw drop. “It’ll be easy. We’ll help you later don’t worry” Seokmin assured.

“Okay! We’ll be closing the cafe early. Whoo! I’ll be taking a rest for a long time!” Soonyoung declared pumping his fist in the air in happiness. Seungcheol glared at Soonyoung and shook his head. “Okay! Let’s plan this right now” Seungkwan clapped his hands as they were about to gather.

Jeonghan coughed and caught their attention. “We’re working here. Do that after your shift’s done” he told emotionlessly and flipped his hair like a diva and left to serve. “He’s right. Go back to work. We have time for that later” Seungcheol clapped his hands as they went back to work.

“Hyungs, is this even necessary?” Chan cutely told putting an earphone on his right ear as they nodded in response. “Will this plan work?” Chan asked looking each one of

Please log in to read the full chapter