❝iv❞

Withstand the Feeling
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I V  -  W I T H S T A N D  T H E  F E E L I NG

 

“Waaaaah! I’m done!” Chan exclaimed lifting a piece of paper in the air happily. “Aish! Sshh!” his friends hushed loudly furrowing their brows and looked back to the papers they’re solving.

Chan stopped and glanced at his friends innocently. “... You’re not done yet? Our homework is easy” he asked tilting his head.

“We’re not done yet! Don’t be too arrogant Lee Chan. For you the homework’s easy but to us it’s hard you know” they hissed having a hard time finishing their work.

“Huh? You’re still having a hard time? It’s easy I swear” Chan told confused.

“It’s hard, okay? We didn’t listen to the discussion earlier, okay? That’s why we’re having a hard time doing this!” they chorused out in frustration before letting out a loud groan.

“Aish! So that’s why” Chan sighed shaking his head slowly. “Next time you listen to the discussion. No wonder you’re in that state right now”

“Look who’s talking...” one of his friends told putting his pen down and looked at Chan. “You didn’t listen to the discussion last time because you stared at Heeyoung the whole period” his friend blurted rolling his eyes in annoyance.

Chan’s heart began beating faster hearing her name causing him to pause for a second. “Excuse me, for your information I was listening to the discussion even if I’m looking at Heeyoung” he blurted receiving a loud coos from his friends.

“You do admit that your attention was on Heeyoung that day” one of his friend told smiling sheepishly.

“Lee Chan congratulations! You’re already a man now!” his friend giggled like a girl and nudged Chan on his ribs.

“You do like Heeyoung” another friend of him blurted making Chan looked at him in disbelief.

“What are you saying? I don’t like the girl. Stop saying false rumors” Chan denied looking away.

“Oh yeah? You know it’ll become a fact someday Lee Chan. Don’t worry we’re your biggest fans. We’ll be cheering for your loveteam”

“What do you think will be their OTP name guys? Lee Chan and Lee Heeyoung hmm… how about ChanHee? Oh my gosh that’ll be great!” they began teasing him acting like a group of girls squealing over their crushes.

“Oh my gosh guys! They’re already destined with each other! Heeyoung doesn’t need to change her family name. She just needs to tie the knot with him and live together forever!”

“Aaw how sweet! Yah! Don’t forget us, okay? Especially if she give birth to your first son or daughter. We’ll be the first uncles-- Aw!” they winced in pain when Chan threw a bottle of water to their heads.

“Yah! What are you saying huh? What assurance do you think we’ll come to that point? Do you think we feel the same way?” Chan hissed furrowing his eyebrows and crossed his arms in annoyance. “We’ll never be together, okay? So stop daydreaming about us being together”

“Pfft! You don’t have to admit that you’ve come to that point daydreaming yourself with her and the two of you are making a family” his friend mumbled with a pout.

“Are you not done yet with your homework? It’s been an hour and it’s late. Look at the time...” Chan told pointing his watch. “You better hurry up. I have work tomorrow” he added hoping they would stop with the teasing.

It took another hour after they’re done doing their homework. They bid farewell thanking one of his friends for staying at his house before left in their separate ways. Chan had to go back to school because he forgot something at their classroom.

Walking through the dim light at the hallway, he stumbled after bumping to someone. He looked up and widened his eyes seeing Heeyoung on the ground rubbing her back having a hard fall. “I-i’m so sorry Heeyoung” he apologized lending his hand.

“It’s okay” she respond with a chuckle and took his hand pulling herself up. He felt himself electrified after the short contact while his face burning up. She pulled her hand away from the grip slowly letting out a chuckle. “What are you doing here?” she asked blinking several times.

Please log in to read the full chapter