❝i❞

Withstand the Feeling
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  I  -  W I T H S T A N D  T H E  F E E L I NG

 

“I’m proposing to have a shift in Carat Cafe. We need to divide the group in half. It’s crowded if all of us are here everyday. Who wants to volunteer in morning shift, mid-shift or night shift?” Seungcheol, the oldest proposed eyeing each boys forming a circle.

“We should know who is studying first” Jeonghan told as Seungcheol nodded in agreement.

“Or their schedules in school” Soonyoung added. “Who has school at the morning?”

“I’m willing to work at night shift!” Seungkwan raised his hands. “I have morning and afternoon class” he explained waiting for their reaction.

“I’m okay with mid-shift. I’m not that sleepy working here during those hours” Seokmin told while nodding.

“I guess I’ll be working here at morning. I have night class so… yeah! I’ll go with morning shift” Hansol shrugged.

Chan, the youngest in the group was silent. He would glance at his hyungs choosing their working hours. He coughed silently preparing himself to talk.

“Chan will definitely work every morning” Seungcheol talked, eyes focused on the paper taking down notes.

Chan’s jaw dropped. “N-no! I want to work at night--” Chan was cut off.

“No baby~ we won’t allow you to work at night. Besides, you have class at night” Jeonghan cutely told pinching Chan’s cheeks making this smoochy sound.

“Seungcheol hyung” Chan called hoping the oldest would look at him.

“So it’s official! Me, Jeonghan, Hansol and Chan will be at morning shift.  Mingyu, Soonyoung, Wonwoo, Seokmin and Jihoon at mid-shift. Seungkwan, Jisoo, Junhui and Minghao at night shift. This is effective starting next week” Seungcheol stated while nodding slowly. “Okay! Meeting’s over! Let’s go back to work!” he concluded clapping his hands.

They went back to work leaving Chan on his seat frozen. “C’mon Chan! Just accept that you’ll be working every morning!” he heard Junhui laughing making him whined endlessly in disapproval.

Morning came as Chan was walking with a normal pace going to the cafe, hands on his pocket, earphones plugged to his ears. He can see the cafe from afar and his walk became slow.

Waking up early isn’t his thing. His whole self isn’t functioning properly at this hour due to the lack of sleep for many reasons. He loves to work at the cafe to be honest. It is just that, he doesn’t like to work at this hour. He’ll be the last to come to work and he’ll receive bombards of scolding from his hyungs everyday. He prefers to work during mid-shift because he’s fully awake during that time.

He went inside and see Seungcheol and Hansol fixing the tables while Jeonghan drawing for today’s menu. They shifted their looks at Chan after hearing the bell ring.

“Yah Lee Chan! You’re late again!”

“How many times you’ll be tardy huh?”

“What if we have many customers and we three can’t handle it? Please be considerate and be aware at the time Lee Chan”

“Since you’re late, you’ll be the one taking and serving the customers’ orders” the three ended going back on their work.

Chan scratched his head letting out a sigh before turning back. He blinked when the bell rang and the door slowly opened revealing a girl taking a peek inside. She bit her lip and carefully went inside.

“Excuse me, I was gonna ask if the cafe is really open?” the girl softly asked in high hopes as Chan stared at her intently. “I was finding someplace to eat for breakfast only to find it’s still closed. I was hoping I can eat breakfast at your cafe” the girl continued letting out a light chuckle. “The sign said it was open, so I went inside. But, it seems like you’re preparing for the cafe to open” she ended waiting for Chan’s response.

The three stopped after silence began filling the air. They looked at Chan confused and saw him staring at the girl. “Lee Chan!” Jeonghan called and threw him a chalk directly to his face.

Chan snapped out and looked at Jeonghan. “Why aren’t you talking to our customer? Are you nuts?” Jeonghan hissed approaching him, his walk having a loud thud on the floor.<

Please log in to read the full chapter