❝viii❞

Withstand the Feeling
Please log in to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R  V I I I  -  W I T H S T A N D  T H E  F E E L I NG

 

“Where are they? The cafe will open in a couple of minutes” Seungcheol silently hissed looking at his wristwatch impatiently. “I’ve arranged everything by myself and they’re not here yet. Seriously, why are they late today?” he narrowed his eyes through the window taking a glimpse outside.

He blinked hearing a soft knock. “Just come in. Why do you need to knock--” Seungcheol turned the knob and flew the door open in annoyance. He got startled and softened seeing Heeyoung.

“Heeyoung-ah” he called blinking innocently as the girl bowed with a soft smile. “We’re still close though. Are you willing to wait for a few minutes?” he sadly told with a cute pout on his lips.

“Actually, I came here for Chan. Is he here?” she chuckled scratching her head. “Oh? Chan...” he paused. “He’s not here yet. He’s on his way here. Is it urgent? I’ll call him if you want--” Seungcheol took his phone on his pocket and was about to dial Chan’s number.

“It’s not necessary. Actually, it’s better if I say this to him in person” she apologetically stated biting her lower lip. “I’ll be going back to the province with my family. I’m not sure when I’ll come back to Seoul” she sadly told. “I told my parents I’ll be going here and tell Chan before we leave. Turns out he’s not here yet” she looked down playing her fingers.

“I’ll just tell him” Seungcheol suggested flashing his genuine smile. “Your parents might be looking for you now. They’ll scold you if you’re late” he told worriedly. Heeyoung thanked him taking a big bow before leaving.

“Here’s your order. Enjoy your meal” Chan placed two trays of foods on the table and smiled warmly to the customers. He bowed and continued serving different dishes to their customers.

After serving each dishes, he would take a glimpse at the door when someone comes to the cafe. He’ll look away, sadness filled up his high expectation. It seems like he’s waiting for Heeyoung to eat at that place. Breakfast pasts as there was no sign of Heeyoung around. He didn’t lose hope, maybe she’ll come either during lunch or dinner.

The last hour of the day comes to an end as he was at the counter feeling tired, yet sad when Heeyoung didn’t show up. He traveled his fingers to his soft hair burying his face to the marble-like counter letting out a soft groan, frustration began feeling him.

“Chan. Go home and get some rest. You have work tomorrow” Seungcheol went beside him patting his temple. The older guy tilted his head curious seeing Chan’s mood. “Aigoo, you’re too tired” Seungcheol cutely told.

Seungcheol turned back and Jisoo was the first guy he saw. He called as the latter approached him with his optimistic self. “Take charge closing the cafe for me. I need to take this kid home. He’s too tired, I don’t want him to take the transportation at that state” he told as Jisoo nodded continuously. “Be safe” the latter patted Seungcheol’s back smiling warmly and left the two.

“Seungcheol hyung, you don’t need to take me home. Seriously, I can go home in my state” Chan was at the car looking the outside view with a frown. “You’re tired. You’ve been working all day, although your shift ended at five in the afternoon” Seungcheol answered, eyes focused on the road. “I’m not tired Seungcheol hyung” Chan sang tiredly resting his head on the window in deep thought.

“Gosh! I almost forgot!” Seungcheol exclaimed hitting the steering wheel. “Heeyoung went to the cafe earlier--” Seungcheol was about to tell what happened when Chan nonchalantly cut his sentence. “No she’s not. I’ve been serving all day and there’s no presence of her”

“She is. She went early and was looking for you” Seungcheol stated. Chan looked at his hyung anticipating his next statement. “She was about to tell you this in person, but you’re not at the cafe yet. So, she told me to say this to you...” he paused taking a deep breath. “She’s going back to the province with her parents--”

“What?! She’ll stay there for good?!” Chan gasped and became hysterical.

Seungcheol was about to talk when he eyed Chan sideways seeing him having tantrums on his seat. He kicked the break, letting his hands go on the steering wheel just to smack Chan’s head. Chan cried in pain rubbing the aching area and looked at Seungcheol. The

Please log in to read the full chapter