Chapter Six: Kai

The Moon That Breaks The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai stares out at the sea of wolves, vampires, faeries and even some demons, all standing next to one another waiting for Kai to speak. Kai hides his smile as he looks down at the hopeful crowd, all eager for the news Kai is about to give. “The High Queen of Seoul is dead!” he yells. 

The crowd roars, clapping their hands cheerfully and screaming their excitement at the triumph. Kai can’t help but chuckle as the excitement only seemed to escalate.

Kai was ready to join in on the excitement when he felt an icy head on his shoulder. “Taozi.” Kai says.
Tao bows his head in response, keeping it low when he speaks next. “May I have a word with you Highness?”

Kai smacks his lips and gives a pout. “I was hoping to enjoy the festivities.”

Tae nods and begins to retreat. “Oh Tao, you give in too easily. You must insist more.” Kai says, standing up and follow Tao into a secret hallway.
“My demon of fear, tell me some good news.”

Tao raises an eyebrow and smirks. “The girl is dead,” he holds up and small vial filled with a pure white glowing substance. “her soul, as you requested.”

Kai takes the vial into his hand and hums. “Easier than I thought it would be.”

“I did run into your brother. He tried to kill me as you suggested he would.” Tao adds.

Kai sighs, his face twisting into a small scowl for a couple seconds. “I used the blades you gave to me, they weakened him within seconds.”

“They do that.” Kai replies, still looking down at the vial.

“There was also another wolf with her.” Tao says. “I could smell the dog all over him, but had an essence about him. He fought like Fae, he didn’t use any of his powers. He was much easier to disarm than I believe he should’ve been.”

“Well you didn’t kill him did you?” Kai questions, a playful smile playing on his lips as he looks up from the vial.

Tao shakes his head. “I don’t think so. Perhaps I hurt him, but Jongin was still conscious enough to crawl over to him, I assume he's gave him some of his blood.”

Kai scoffs, his smirk widening as he turns his attention back to the vial in his hands. “He was born a hybrid of faerie and wolf. The faeries attempted to erase his memory of being a wolf in attempt to get him to return to the Faerie Court. It almost worked, but Jongin,” Kai spit the name like it was poison. “Brought him back. Even still, my brother was not enough. Chanyeol lost his ability to shift or even just tap into his non-faerie powers. It’s sad really, he can’t even control his fangs.”

Tao is about to respond, but a suddenly a familiar scent fills Kai’s nose and he perks up. “Oh.” He mutters. “It seems we have party crashers.”

Tao places a hand on the weapon strapped to his waist. “Would you like me to take care of it?” he quest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter