Chapter Three: Jongin

The Moon That Breaks The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol, Jongin and all nine of their pack members all stand in the center of the Grand Hall of Exo Mansion. It was early in the morning, but the sun still hasn’t risen, leaving the room to be illuminated by only a few candles. Jongin knew the interior of this mansion like the back of his hand, but even still he had a hard time picturing the fine décor that made up the room. Jongin knew the curtains covering the grand church-like windows were long and black, capable of blocking out the sunlight whenever the court wished it. Jongin could just barely see the outlines of all the gold and silver statues and artifacts that the High Queen of Seoul insisted be lined all around the Grand Hall. The mansion was filled with treasures and art so expensive that Jongin knew they were worth more than his soul.

Jongin impatiently turns to Chanyeol, who is waiting ever so patiently for her majesty. “What is taking her so long?” Jongin growls.

“It’s still dark outside, you know the queen, she hates being disturbed at night. This is probably just her way of making you pay for waking her up.”
Jongin gives a low growl in annoyance and crosses his arms. Just then, he sees her. Her hair is so long and dark as the night sky, all tied back into a braid. She is wearing nothing more than a light-colored sleeping gown. Every person in the room, except the guards, all kneel and bow their heads. “Her majesty, High Queen Solar.” One of the guards announces.

Jongin keeps his head down, but glances up to watch the queen as she walks to her throne. “Wolves of East End.” She says once she has settled down.

“Your Highness.” Jongin says, still kneeling.

“Kim Jongin, an original, one of the first of your kind. Leader of the East End, true heir to my throne, which you deny, rise.”

Jongin does as told and stand ups, resisting the urge to roll his eye. The rest of his pack stays down, but Chanyeol looks

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter