Chapter Nine: Jongin

The Moon That Breaks The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pain shoots through his body as he slowly sits up and looks around. The room he's in is small, illuminated only by dim candlelight. He’s sitting on a small and uncomfortable bed, that feels like it’s doing more harm to his body than good. Jongin groans as he stands all the way upright. Each step he takes to the outside of the room only causes him more pain. I must be in the castle. Jongin thinks to himself as he walks down the long and dark corridor outside the room.

He follows the corridor until he reaches a tall winding staircase. It’s too dark for Jongin’s liking, and every step up that stairs only leads to more darkness. This isn’t creepy at all. Jongin thinks as he reaches the top of the stairs. There’s a large wooden red door with no handle. Also compelled, Jongin places a hand on the old looking wood. Instantly, the red begins to ripple like a stone thrown into water. Jongin waits for the ripples to fade before he presses his hand against the door again. After a moment, he pushes his hands just a little harder and suddenly he’s stumbling forward. “Okay, how did I end up in Rapunzel’s tower?” Jongin mutters.

“Not quite her tower.” Says a familiar voice from behind him.

Jongin whips around to see Yifan standing there, casually leaning against the wall. “You’re probably wondering where you are.” He says.

Jongin shakes his head in protest. “I know where I am, I’m in High Queen Solar’s mansion.”

“You mean the dead queen?” Yifan replies.

Jongin growls, baring his fangs. “We are in the place where all supernatural beings go before passing completely to the other side. It has many names, the Veil, Limbo, Purgatory.”

Yifan takes a step forward and Jongin takes a step back, his back already pressing against a wall in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter