Chapter Five: Jongin

The Moon That Breaks The Night
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, dawn had come and the queen no longer wanted to sleep, leaving her open for further discussion about Kai. The rest of Jongin’s pack had left not long ago, but Chanyeol insisted to stay with Jongin for the final decision. “God I’m thirsty.” Solar says. “Someone, bring me some tea!” she calls.

Immediately a young woman with porcelain skin and long dark hair comes running forwards. “Jieun.” Solar coos.

“What flavor tea would you like milady?” the girl-Jieun-asks politely, keeping her head down.

“Surprise me.” Solar replies.

The girl nods and hurries out the second she is waved away. It’s then that Jongin tries to speak. “My queen, if I may,”

“You may not.” She says before he can finish. “No one can until I’ve had my morning tea.”

Jongin attempts to protest, but Solar holds her hand in the air to silence him without even bothering to look his way. Jongin snarls as she laughs at something one of her servants said. He takes a step forward in anger and is instantly pulled back by Chanyeol. Jongin looks at the latter and opens his mouth to speak, but Chanyeol already has a hand over his mouth to silence him. Jongin growls and grabs his wrist, twisting it and pulling so Chanyeol is on his back. “You’ll upset her… we won’t get any…thing from… her, then.” Chanyeol says between gasps. “God was that really necessary?” he questions, trying to catch his breath.

“Sorry.” Jongin replies, helping Chanyeol up to his feet.

“My tea!” Solar yells excitedly.

“Finally.” Jongin mumbles, Chanyeol nudging his side to remind him of his manners.

Jongin rolls his eyes as Jieun sets the tea down in front of Solar. “What did you decide on?” she asks.

“Atropa Belladonna.” The maid replies.

Solar smiles and dismisses the girl. Jongin’s impatience suddenly wears off and is replaced with panic. He turns to Chanyeol. “Atropa Belladonna, isn’t that,”

“Deadly nightshade.” Chanyeol finished.

Chanyeol and Jongin both yell for the queen to not drink, but it’s too late. She has already swallowed her first sip and instantly the poison takes effect. Chanyeol and Jongin are both at her side as she falls from her chair. Foam admits itself from as her eyes roll into the back of her head. Blood leaks from her eyes, ears and mouth, Chanyeol immediately lifting her spasming body onto the granite slab that serves as a table. “We have to get the toxin out of her system!” Chanyeol yells.

“How?” Jongin questions.

Chanyeol takes no time to think, slamming his fist into her stomach. Immediately Solar begins coughing up the tea, along with more blood. Chanyeol is prepared to continue his ministrations, but her body begins to crack in various places causing him to withdraw his hand. Hardly a second later, her eyes widen and her entire body erupts. Her blood flies everywhere, covering both Chanyeol and Jongin.

Jongin gasps, attempting to wipe away the blood from his face, but his hands are equally covered. The table Solar’s body was on is now covered in her blood. The guards and maids who were around are all panicking or crying at the sight. Jongin takes a step towards Chanyeol, shattering the tea cup.

The two both get the same idea, running towards the kitchen together without any word of coordination. Jongin makes an attempt to open the door, but it’s locked. “I’ll get the key.” Chanyeol says.

However, before Chanyeol can even turn around Jongin has kicked the door straight off its hinges. The men and women inside the kitchen all scream as they huddle in a corner in fear. “W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter