003

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 2 - The Fourth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Of you and me[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"I don't understand us..."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]“Jaehwan.”

“Yes, captain.” The other looked at his superior.

“I trusted you as my right man. I want you to replace me in leading the team if something happened to me.” Jaehwan frowned.

“No, I should protect you till the end, you-”

“If the situation is given that way, I’m in a danger that is hardly could get away, I want you to save yourself and the team. Don’t come out for me.” Jaehwan bit his lips.

“But-”

“Promise me, Jaehwan. Promise me with your badge, Lieutenant Lee.”

Jaehwan stared at his superior for a while before reluctantly nodded. “I promise, captain.” The other smiled and patted Jaehwan’s shoulder.

 

“Taekwoon hyung!” Taekwoon groaned when someone threw an arm around his shoulder. “Are you going to the prom tonight?” Taekwoon shook his head. “Why?”

“I don’t feel like to do so.”  The other pouted.

“I will be alone!” Taekwoon rolled his eyes.

“You got date.” The other guy sighed.

“But I need my best friend, Taekwoon hyung, please. Go with me.”

“I’m not going to third-wheeling you.” Taekwoon said. The other pouted.

“You won’t. Let’s go? I can ditch my date if you’re coming.” Taekwoon scoffed.

“No, you shouldn’t. Yerim is your ideal girl, why turning her offer off? You’re so excited for that. Just go, I don’t want to go to the loud place.” Taekwoon said. The other guy sighed.

“Fine, but I really want you to come.” Taekwoon just shrugged and excused himself to meet a teacher. The other just nodded and let Taekwoon left. He exhaled. “Hyung, I want you to be my date actually…”

 

 

“Taekwoonie, wake up.” Taekwoon stirred and reached to rub his eyes. He blinked few times and saw Hakyeon.

“Hakyeon?”

“Yeah, wake up. We’re having practice today.” Taekwoon exhaled and sat up. Hakyeon walked away and left the room. Taekwoon looked around and just noticed he was left alone. The other members who slept in this room also already woke up, he guessed. He got up, grabbing the towel and walked out from the room heading to the bathroom. There’s someone sleeping on the couch and Taekwoon knew that male all too well.

Hakyeon walked passing Taekwoon who just came out from the closet room – where Wonsik and Sanghyuk slept – with a fresh cloth and was about to find stuff to eat. “What are you staring at?” Hakyeon asked. Taekwoon startled and turned to Hakyeon. Hakyeon turned to the direction where Taekwoon was looking previously. “Oh… Ken was just back in two hours ago.” Taekwoon blinked. Knowing his best friend for long, Hakyeon answered Taekwoon’s wordless question. “He went for extra dance practice.”

“Two hours ago is like on 5 am?” Hakyeon shrugged.

“I didn’t get a chance to ask him yet.” Hakyeon sighed. “Hyukie is in the bathroom currently. Binnie is out for a jog. Wonsikie is still sleeping, you should get him up after you bath. Wake up Ken when you get Wonsik in the bathroom.” Taekwoon just nodded. He glanced at Jaehwan for a while before walking to the bathroom, knocking the door. Muffled voice heard from inside telling him to wait for a while. Taekwoon sighed; another day had started for them.

 

 

"Stop." Jaehwan halted and looked down in guilty. Hakyeon pinched his nose bridge while the rest sighed, panting try to regain their breath. "Ken."

"I'm sorry." Hakyeon exhaled and ruffled Jaehwan's wet hair. Taekwoon watched with slight displeased. "I'm out of focus."

"Jaehwanie, if you feel tired, you should stop. Don't try to push yourself more. I think you should cut some extra practice you're doing alone. Because it affects you in our group practice." Jaehwan bit his lips. Hakyeon's last sentence was coming out with annoyance.

"I'm very sorry, hyung." Taekwoon didn't like the broken voice of Jaehwan. He held Hakyeon's shoulder making the leader turned to him.

"Everybody is tired. Let's get few minutes break?" Taekwoon said slowly. Hakyeon looked around at the other members and nodded lightly.

"Okay, let's take 10. You, get a nap or something." Hakyeon said to Jaehwan and then left to the washroom. The maknae line sat down and sprawled on the floor, exhausted. They're gearing up to a comeback and currently practiced all day long preparing for the music show stage. Their dance step wasn't hard but somehow they had troubled to get it in sync.

Taekwoon chose to sit beside Jaehwan. "Jaehwan." Jaehwan turned to the voice. Taekwoon was staring at him. "Get some nap. Don't mind Hakyeon. He's just stressed." Jaehwan nodded and curled a little, trying to get a nap. Taekwoon just watched the other, hugging his knees. He turned around looking at the maknaes before back to Jaehwan when he heard a very, very soft sniffle. A trail of tears spilled from Jaehwan's eyes. Taekwoon exhaled, unconsciously putting his hand on Jaehwan's hair. Jaehwan jolted a bit but didn't open his eyes. Taekwoon let his fingers moving through the hair, softly caressing the younger a comfort. Jaehwan bit his lips, scooting closer to Taekwoon.

"Just sleep." Taekwoon whispered. Moving on instinct, Taekwoon lied down beside Jaehwan and the younger came closer, snuggling against the elder. Taekwoon rubbed Jaehwan's back, easing the younger. He knew Jaehwan felt bad for his slow wits in getting the dance step and beat correct. They had noticed Jaehwan had a difficulty in that since the debut song. Hakyeon had been patience before and perhaps this time the leader got something frustrating him, and unconsciously lashed out on Jaehwan who unfortunately kept making mistakes.

Jaehwan fell asleep with the comfort Taekwoon was giving. The door opened and Taekwoon craned up his head, just to see Hakyeon stood at the door. Judging from Hakyeon's face, he knew the leader was regretting his little-bit harsh tone earlier. Taekwoon gave a look to Hakyeon and Hakyeon exhaled. The leader nodded and went to a side to sit, resting for a while.

 

 

"Hyung." Taekwoon turned. They're going home from the practice. Hakyeon had pull Jaehwan to go home with them and take a good rest. The younger vocalist obeyed, knowing he shouldn't make Hakyeon angry. Jaehwan's eyes fell on his hand that was clutching on Taekwoon's shirt. "Thank you." Taekwoon nodded.

“It’s okay. You need it.” Jaehwan looked at Taekwoon.

“You care.” Taekwoon startled.

“What?” Jaehwan bit his lips.

“I thought you hate me… you always push me away.” Taekwoon took a breath.

“I don’t hate you. It’s just I’m not used to… being close.” Taekwoon stared at Jaehwan. He noticed he gave a wrong idea to Jaehwan. “Jaehwan ah, I don’t hate you. Just remember that. I- I’m not used to skinship nor have a friend… eum…” Taekwoon didn’t get the nice word to put it but Jaehwan curved a smile.

“You don’t hate me, hyung?” Taekwoon shook his head. He startled when Jaehwan suddenly hugged him. “Thank you hyung!” Taekwoon raised his brow but didn’t question when Jaehwan looked up to him with a smile. Taekwoon mirrored it, finding solace in that blinding smile.

Since that day, Jaehwan returned back to his old self. He did annoy Taekwoon at times but he caught the hint when Taekwoon was almost at his limit, he would stop. Taekwoon appreciated the effort the younger vocalist done and he tried to get used to Jaehwan’s behaviour.

The two made the whole group became happy and even tightened the bond. They’re doing great for their new comeback and gained more popularity and fans. Jaehwan ran along the hallway, there was their youngest manager called him to stop running before he gets hurt.

“Hyung~” His voice echoed in the small dance room. The four guys turned to the voice that even could beat the bombing melody from the speaker. The guys were practicing their song, Rock Ur Body. “We have chicken today!” Jaehwan beamed, placing down a plastic bag in his hand. The manager came after the guys already sat in a circle. He gave the other plastic bag to them and reminded the group that they had a recording later at night. They just nodded.

Jaehwan was super excited as they’re given chicken today after so much practice and also little diet for this comeback. While he was opening the box, he noticed the lack of number. “Where’s Leo hyung?” Jaehwan asked. Hongbin took the cue to answer the vocalist.

“He went out to receive a call.” Jaehwan raised his brow.

“When?”

“10 minute ago, I guess?” Wonsik answered this time. Jaehwan nodded, getting on his feet to find Taekwoon. Hakyeon just watched Jaehwan going out before turning back to his group members, talking about random stuff.

Taekwoon was talking to the phone when Jaehwan found him. He stopped and hid himself when Taekwoon sounded so serious. “How are you noona?” Taekwoon asked, sighing as he’s listening to the caller. Jaehwan just continued to listen. “I told you to take the meds regularly.” Jaehwan tilted his head. Meds? Is hyung’s noona sick?

“Okay, I will empty a day next week; we will go for a check-up, okay?” Taekwoon scoffed after a moment. “We need to check on you.” Taekwoon exhaled a little later. “So you know. Please don’t make me worried, you’re there alone thou. I could at least feel better if you’re with mom but yeah, you’re stubborn on moving out from the house.” Jaehwan blinked.

“Hey, don’t make me as your reason.” Jaehwan peeked to look at Taekwoon. He noticed the elder looked very serious. “Oh, shut up noona.”  Taekwoon groaned. Jaehwan just raised his brow to see it. “Okay, bye. Don’t get sick.” Taekwoon ended the call. Jaehwan hid again and counted few seconds before casually walked from the hide.

“Oh there you are hyung.” Taekwoon turned and noticed Jaehwan. He cocked his brow. Jaehwan beamed. “I’m coming to find you, there are chickens, and we’re eating.” Taekwoon nodded and followed Jaehwan back to the practice room without suspecting anything. Jaehwan was itching to ask but he didn’t say anything. Somehow it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter