013

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 2 - The Fourth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Capturing heart and apology[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]'I believe this is my call to make the things back to its place.'[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]The question of that night was answered on the same date of their second full album was released that coincidently fell on the same day of his birthday. Taekwoon received a message from Hakyeon right after 5 minutes the day turned 10th. The leader wished him happy birthday and wishes, with a little message in the end.

From: Hakyeon

Hey… Happy Birthday Taekwoon. I know we’re kind of… not in good term
but as your friend and forever be your friend, I wish the best for you,
your health and your happiness. Forgive me for hurting you. Even we
knew it’s hard to get things back to usual, I still wish we’re able to get
back soon.

There’s something I want you to know. You know Minhyuk is my best
friend right? I really hope you won’t hurt his sincere feelings.
Again, happy birthday.

He was a bit clueless when he read that but it clicked in him when he received a private message on his twitter few minutes after. From BTOB rapper, Minhyuk.

@btob2mh 
-Hey. Happy birthday, awesome singer.
-Erm, I know this is sudden but do you mind to meet up with me?
-For dinner. I have something to tell you.

Taekwoon took a breath. From what Wonsik was hinting and Hakyeon’s message, he knew he got a new pursuer. In which he thought might be a promising one, he didn’t know why he had such hunch.

 

 

Jaehwan listened to Hyunsik’s word. After few times avoiding his friends, Seokjin managed to drag him joining their meeting that night. Somehow he hated his luck. When he arrived, they’re gossiping.

“Wow.” It was Chen. “He had a reputation, isn’t he? He dated our leader before.” Jaehwan just listened.

“I heard about Woohyun ssi.” Sandeul voiced out. Hyunsik nodded.

“I know a bit. He had dated a few… and to be honest, Minhyuk hyung was heartbroken when he kept losing his chance. So now, Taekwoon hyung is single again for quite long so our leader basically encouraged him to make a move.” Jaehwan sipped his drink calmly as Hyunsik proceeded. “You have heard anything, Ken?” Jaehwan looked at Hyunsik and shrugged.

“No, hyung wasn’t a type to talk.” Jaehwan said nonchalantly. Seokjin was eyeing him carefully. He might not know anything but he noticed Jaehwan was tensed since the topic was up. As if it was affecting him. “Why Baro is not here?” Sandeul looked at Jaehwan after the question.

“Oh, he’s going home to see his parents.” Jaehwan just nodded lightly. He was a bit relief inside because Baro might say something from this topic. He just wished no one will know about his history with that certain member.

“Well, he is hot. Jung Taekwoon ssi, I mean.” It was Baekhyun. “Our leader likes him a lot but seems like he didn’t feel the same. So yeah.”

“The breakup made our leader depress a bit but I’m glad it passed well.” Chanyeol added. “And now, I’m glad Yixing hyung was there for him.” Chen and Baekhyun nodded to the words.

“I heard rumours.” Sandeul chimed in. “Woohyun ssi kinda was found out by his boss so he had to break up. I heard they were in love so much, both sides.” Jaehwan unconsciously gripped the glass a little bit too tight. He finished the shot and put slammed the glass on the table. The attention was brought to him. Seokjin was watching Jaehwan worriedly.

“I need to go now. I got comeback stage soon, needing some rest.” Jaehwan knew it was a poor excuse but he needed to go now because he felt his eyes got hotter the longer he stayed. Jaehwan waved a goodbye and left. The group looked at each other before Seokjin got up.

“I will go after him. Don’t worry.” They nodded and trusted Seokjin. Once Seokjin left, the rest looked at each other.

“To be honest, Suho hyung told us something so vague.” Baekhyun started. Chen looked at him.

“Are you talking about-”

“Taekwoon ssi had an unforgotten first love.” Chanyeol added. The other looked at him. “Who it was remained a mystery but Suho hyung was sure if Taekwoon ssi unable to move on, he could never maintain a relationship. I guess all the time he was dating, the date was a rebound.”

“Aww, that’s awful.” Sandeul shook his head.

“But pity him too, don’t you think?” Baekhyun questioned. “He couldn’t move on, that .”

“I wonder who his first love is.” Chen added. Hyunsik was sighing.

“I’m afraid Minhyuk hyung will be heartbroken too…. I wish he succeeded to steal Taekwoon hyung’s heart then.” They just nodded and opened another topic after that.

On the other side, Seokjin was dutifully followed Jaehwan from a safe distance. The said guy was walking aimlessly. Not even on the way back to the dorm as he told he wanted rest. Seokjin glanced at his wristwatch. It’s kinda late and Seokjin knew it’s better for Jaehwan to go back. But he didn’t have the heart to say that when he saw how solemn Jaehwan looked like.

Seokjin stopped when Jaehwan stopped. He squinted his eyes and walked closer to watch what Jaehwan was looking at. Not far from them, two familiar figures walked out from a restaurant.

“I... know this is sudden, but I’m serious Taekwoon. Could you give me chance courting you and you can make your decision later…”

“Minhyuk…”

“Please?”

“But I don’t want to hurt you really.” Taekwoon stared at Minhyuk. “Minhyuk, you’re a great friend. I’m afraid… what if we didn’t work out and then affect our friendship… I-”

“Give me a chance.” Minhyuk held Taekwoon’s hand. Taekwoon looked at the hand and sighed.

“You’re really stubborn.” Minhyuk smiled a bit.

“That’s a yes, right? Nice. I will make it worth for you.” Taekwoon just smiled slightly to Minhyuk’s eagerness. He didn’t know what to feel to this. He could feel how sincere Minhyuk was right now, as if he’s seeing Woohyun or Suho in him. On how those two sincerely liked him. Minhyuk gave the same glow and this time, Taekwoon was slightly afraid. Wonsik’s words embedded in his head.

“Hyung, if you never move on from Jaehwan, it will be hard for you to love someone else. You will end up hurting someone if you date again this time.” Wonsik softly brushed Taekwoon’s hair. Taekwoon sighed. “But on the other side, I hope you find happiness too. Just don’t hastily date people.”

Was him making the right decision to try out with Minhyuk? Taekwoon don’t know. He just gave a smile when Minhyuk held his hand tighter, leading the way back as the rapper was sending him home.

Jaehwan watched the two guys walked in hand. He felt a pinch but decided to ignore and turned back, didn’t want to go on the same way as the said guys. Jaehwan blinked when he saw Seokjin few steps away from him. The said male smiled lightly. “Do you want some company?” Jaehwan sighed.

“It’s fine.”

“You said you need rest.”

“Just leave me alone.” Seokjin sighed.

“Alright but don’t do something stupid.” Jaehwan nodded. Seokjin nodded back and left reluctantly. Jaehwan continued his walk, apparently walking to the usual place where he had his pleasure time with his buddies. He didn’t want to go back to the dorm that night for the reason that he kept hiding in the deep of his heart.

 

 

Taekwoon stared at the message. Since that first hangout (or he was sure Minhyuk counted it as their first date), they had exchange phone numbers and Minhyuk had constantly text him asking about his day. He could feel the little care from the other and he knew it was sincere. Taekwoon felt like he was thrown back to the memories of Woohyun and Suho. He sighed, knowing it might end up another pain – even though with Woohyun’s case, their breakup wasn’t about his feelings.

Wonsik nudged Taekwoon. “Hyung, it’s your turn.” Taekwoon looked at the rapper before getting back to the reality. Today was their first comeback stage for their second full album. Even though the group relationship wasn’t very good, everyone was excited to be back on stage and met the fans. Taekwoon nodded and walked up to the seat, waiting for the makeup artist to doll him up. Wonsik just looked at Taekwoon with his eyes. He sighed.

The younger saw the earlier message and the sender. He was pretty sure Taekwoon had another moment of hesitation. Only him knew this, Taekwoon even didn’t tell Hakyeon before. Hakyeon might know Taekwoon dated and never forget Jaehwan but the leader thought Taekwoon purposely did it as a rebound. Not that the leader knew it wasn’t on purpose, Taekwoon was trying hard to grasp the reality of he and Jaehwan’s breakup and tried to heal himself with the companion in the hope of finding someone could hold him back to the feet. And until now, Taekwoon wasn’t able to do so. He might be cold and indifferent to the breakups he went through but only Wonsik knew how it pained Taekwoon mentally. And Taekwoon tried to overcame the pain after Woohyun was the hardest; Wonsik had seen that through their intimate time. Even with Wonsik’s companion, he saw the elder struggled.

‘Will you be fine…? I really hope this time you could make it…’ Wonsik exhaled before shifting his eyes on his phone.

Taekwoon was still thinking of the message. He didn’t know whether it’s a good decision letting Minhyuk courted him. He contemplated, he didn’t really say yes but Minhyuk was serious. So serious and pleading, and Taekwoon wasn’t a type to reject.

Once his makeup and hair was done, Taekwoon thanked the lady and took out his phone. He exhaled as he replied to Minhyuk.

To: Minhyuk 

I’m not exactly free on Sunday but if it’s a movie,
midnight movie?

Taekwoon sighed. He decided not to think too much and just pushed towards the luck. At the back of his heart, he hoped at least he won’t hurt Minhyuk in the end.

Hongbin was glancing few times at Taekwoon. He was nervous about something. After a talk with Sanghyuk few days ago, he was contemplating about something. Apology. After he cleared his mind, he knew he made a big mistake and seeing how the whole group had been affected because of him, guilt pierced his heart every second he watched their interaction. He couldn’t bear with it and went to Sanghyuk to talk. When he voiced it out to Sanghyuk, Sanghyuk told him that he missed the old days. Hongbin felt his heart prickled even more when he knew it started from him. Sanghyuk calmed him down and told the elder that he wasn’t entirely be blamed. The youngest advised the elder to apologize, as a first step to make everything worked again when Hongbin asked how to fix the group. Yesterday, Hongbin already called up to Hakyeon and apologized. The leader just embraced him warmly and told the visual he’s forgiven as long as he knew his mistake and able to make it right again. Hongbin sobbed to the warmth and he felt bad to make the leader disappointed with him all along. The two were fine now, even though it did take time to be closed like usual again. At least, Hongbin achieved something.

Sanghyuk patted Hongbin’s back making the visual turned to the former. The youngest smiled. “Take it slow.” Hongbin nodded. “Or you can start with Wonsik hyung…” Hongbin relived the memory of him punching Wonsik that night. He didn’t apologize yet even though Wonsik just treated him like usual, just not as close as before. Hongbin exhaled.

“Yeah… you’re right. Perhaps, I should go slowly. I don’t know how to face the two yet.” Hongbin said lowly as he glanced over Taekwoon and then Jaehwan at the opposite corner. Hakyeon was nowhere to be seen at the moment.

“I’m here for you.” Sanghyuk patted Hongbin’s back as encouragement. Hongbin smiled.

“Thanks, Hyukie. Thank you.” Sanghyuk just smiled to that and nodded.

Taekwoon glanced to his phone again when he felt vibrate. He opened the newest message and just exhaled as he typed a reply. A date on upcoming Sunday.

From: Minhyuk 

That’s nice. But you don’t have schedule on Monday?
I don’t want to make you tired.

To: Minhyuk 

No, Monday is free. Set a place to go and we will watch
anything you want.

From: Minhyuk
*happy emoticon*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter