Jonghyun x Minah

Vampire Idol : The End

Minah had a one-sided love for Jonghyun ever since the day she first met him. She thinks he’s really handsome and very smart. She doesn’t mind him calling her stupid because she wants him to teach her. She doesn’t mind it when he gets annoyed at her for blackmailing him into buying breads for her. She doesn’t mind about everything as long as she can have him by her side.

She knows Jonghyun loves technologies and gadgets so she bought a car just for him. Jonghyun loves it when people compliment him so Minah would always compliment him whether it was true or not. As long the boy was happy, she would do it.

For an outsider, it was hard to watch Minah doing everything for the man she loves but he does not realize it or feel the same. Instead, he only treats her harshly and cold. Call him dense and oblivious because he really has no interest in love matters.

Until the day, we have to leave for Vampiritus. We told everyone that we’ll go back to Africa, our birthplace and Minah didn’t want Jonghyun to leave. She would follow him there if she could but he won’t let her.

On the day we leave, Minah held Jonghyun back.

“Jonghyun oppa, can’t you not leave…” Minah’s voice was for once, soft and gentle. She sounded desperate and hopeless unlike her usual hyper and squeaky self. She held onto the hem of Jonghyun’s jacket tightly as if her life depends on it. “…for me?”

This was the first time; she showed this side of her. Bang Minah was not a smart or intelligent and definitely not a mature person. She has a simple mindset with no hard feelings and bad intentions. She was a bright and bubbly child who only hopes to be happy.

Seeing how Jonghyun only kept quiet, Minah pulled herself closer and wrapped her arms around his torso, his back against her. Her lips trembled as she rest her head onto his back, begging him to stay.

“I’ll do anything you say. Everything.”

She didn’t know when it happens but it just did. She fell in love. Head over heels for Hong Jonghyun, the boy who thinks no one can be dumber than Minah. Jonghyun never took Minah seriously and he had no intention of dating someone like her. Knowing all this, Minah never give up. She believed that one day Jonghyun might realize that he feels the same too.

When Jonghyun tried to invent a helmet that changes the intelligence level of someone, everyone knew it was a failed experiment. No one wanted to be his experiment but Minah volunteered to keep helping him even though she got her hair burned in the process. She didn’t mind doing it because she wanted to fully support his work and she trusts his ability.

But now, at this moment, Minah didn’t know what she could do anymore besides begging helplessly for the man to stay. She knows he didn’t love her the way she does for him.

“Please, say something.”

“Oppa please… don’t leave…”

He lost the fight against his tears.

The man standing in front of her was not the cold Jonghyun anymore. His eyes are red and puffy. It’s the first time he cried in the 210281 years of his life. The tears of the girl in front of him is his weakness.

“Minah-ah, I’m sorry…” He said brushing her hair gently.

Minah tried really hard to fight back the tears from escaping her eyes but she lost it.

“You’ll meet someone better than me, someone who treats you nicely and that someone is not me.” Jonghyun looked into her eyes and mutter a spell.

Minah closes her eyes and faints. Jonghyun caught her in his arms laid her down on the ground. He stares at her face longingly, cupping her cheeks in his hands.

“If I succeed in making the potion to make you a vampire, I will come back to get you. I promise.”

He bent down and kissed her.

When Minah opens them, she was lying on the balcony ground, confused. Her cheeks are wet from the tears but she has no idea why she was feeling sad. She no longer has the memories about the man she loves. He’d erased everything about him from her memories so she won’t feel pain when he leaves. Although she couldn’t remember him but every time she looks up at the stars, tears would roll down her cheeks.

Minah forgot about him but Jonghyun never; not a single day.

They say Minah was pitiful; being left behind with no memories of him but Jonghyun is going to live the rest of his life, remembering the woman who loved him with regrets.

 

THE END.