Lee Jung x Woo Hee

Vampire Idol : The End

I’ve been looking forward to this day since the start; to go back home but when the day actually came, I didn’t want to leave. I didn’t want leave the yummy food on Earth. I didn’t want to go back to Vampiritus and be King. And most importantly, I didn’t want to leave Woohee.

Woohee never liked me. I know but I never gave up because I believed my sincerity would touch her heart but I guess it didn’t happen no matter how hard I tried. In Vampiritus, I was the handsomest, coolest and the ideal boyfriend to every female vampires but on Earth, I am nothing compared to my three bodyguard. It’s natural for Woohee to like the other three instead of me. Why? Because here, I’m a short, stubby and dumb man. I don’t know why but it just happens to be that way.

 I would take Woohee with me but I can’t because she’s human. I can’t stay here, on Earth because Vampiritus needs a king. It was hard to choose but in the end, I’d decided to carry out my duty as the prince of Vampire Kingdom as I know Woohee would never accept me for who I am.

At one point, I’ve given up trying to pursue this one sided love but I do still care for Woohee. Before that, I spilled everything about my feelings sincerely and I felt as if a burden was lifted up from both my shoulders. I know I can leave without regrets now. The outcome was unexpected. She started to open up to me. I thought maybe she’s having second thoughts about me but I told her that I don’t expect anything in return for my love. I just wanted to maintain things at where they were and get acknowledge at least once. Ever since that day, we became best friends. She would smile and joke around with me and not feel annoyed at my existence. That’s more than I can ask for.

Until the day we have to leave, I didn’t know what got into me.

I was afraid that Woohee might expect my return someday because I know very well, I won’t be coming back anymore or at least not in this lifetime where Woohee exist. So I made up an excuse in hope she would forget me but it was my biggest regret.

Till the day I die in 1298109280 years later, it will be my worst mistake.

 

I asked for her for a talk in the studio. She was smiling really cheerfully at me because Girls Girls just won the Best Rookie Group on an award show. She was probably expecting a gift from me because I am full of surprises. If only she knew that I was about to say, she won’t be smiling at all.

“What is it?” She asked, getting impatient.

I took a deep breath.

It felt like hours just staring at her face and getting caught up with my words.

“I love Minkyung and I’m taking her to Africa with me. We’re leaving today.”

When the words were spoken, there’s no taking it back. I watched as Woohee stared at me with shock and confusion in her eyes.

“You-” She stop and bit her lips, looking anywhere but me. “M-minkyung? Why her?”

“You told me you will only love me… and only me…” Woohee said, lips quivering as she held back her tears.

“Woohee…” I tried to take a step forward but she took a step back, avoiding my touch.

“And now, you’re telling me you’re taking Minkyung to Africa because you love her?”

“I-”

“Don’t talk to me!” Woohee covers both her ears, turning her back against me.

“I thought you are different from the others. Although you’re not good looking, short and stubby, I’ve started to fall for you…” She mutters under her breath, tears blurring her vision. “…I was wrong…”

And she ran out of the room before I could say anything. I only watched as her back disappear behind the door.

I stood there in silence, staring at the spot where Woohee stood a minute ago and let myself drop to the ground. I couldn’t control my tears anymore because they were betraying me.

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

Fist tightly clenched together, I lied on the floor absentmindedly, hugging my knees close.

If only we were born on different time and status, would the outcome still be like this?

If only we’re both the same, would the circumstances be the same?

If only I have the courage to leave my life as the prince.

If only…