Woo Bin x Yoo Bi

Vampire Idol : The End

Gabri, the vampire with the best hearing in the world made a new friend and she’s not any ordinary friend. Woobin met a rabbit, a girl dressed in a rabbit mascot, giving out flyers in the street and teaching children in care centre. Woobin was the one doing the talking because the rabbit won’t utter a single word. I have no idea when, how and where it started but they started going out. Weird isn’t it? I mean, why would you date someone you don’t even know how they look like?

Besides that, Woobin was also Lee Yoobi’s  bestfriend, a member of Girls Girls who hid her face under her hoodie and speak through notes. But that was only until she finally reveal her face to us. Yoobi is like a ticking bomb to us because she’s a big fan of vampires and she talks a lot, like a chatterbox. Being with her makes my lifespan shorten because we never know when she’ll start thinking we resembles the blood animal.

One day, Woobin insisted on seeing Rabbit’s face under our persistence. They met up in the park one afternoon and Rabbit finally took the mascot off. It is Sooyeon, a member of Girls Girls. Woobin was taken aback and he was not ready to accept this truth. Maybe because he didn’t get the answer he was hoping for. Although it was awkward, he tried very hard to get close to Sooyeon because he really likes Rabbit. This made Yoobi jealous because in the past, they used to do everything together and Woobin would only think about her. Now, his focus is on Sooyeon and she felt left out somehow.

Anyhow, in the end,  it was revealed that Yoobi was the rabbit girl after all. Woobin couldn’t accept it at first because it was like he was fooled twice but he eventually realized that he’d already fallen for Yoobi, not the rabbit but Yoobi.

So, that’s how they got together and they won’t stop showing off their relationship.

Then, comes the day Woobin confess our identity to Yoobi. We all thought she would be able to accept the fact because she loves vampire fictions but we were completely wrong. She avoided us and even refused to meet Woobin. Woobin on the other hand was heartbroken thinking Yoobi would break up with him. He was so devastated that he drank soju every night to cover Yoobi’s cries that he hears at night.

From my perspective, I felt sorry for them. We all know humans and vampires can’t be together. We’re different. It’s not like how stories go, vampires bite human, human transform and they live happily ever after. Things do not work that way in reality. Unless the human is willing to live with an undying, non-aging lover, it is impossible for us to be together.

Yoobi loves Woobin too much but she also worries about her future. What happens if she grows old and ugly in 50 years time? Would Woobin leave her? What would people think of her having a boyfriend who looks younger than her in 30 years? He may be her everything but she’s only a tiny part of his life because vampires live a hundred thousand more years than humans. Is she really able to accept all this?

It was only until Woobin couldn’t stand the cold silent war between them that he decided to confront her.

“Yoobi-ah, can we talk?”

Yoobi followed the man up to the roof, eyes sadly gazing the back of the man she loves. She has her hoodie over her head again.

“I’m sorry, Yoobi.” Woobin paused, looking down at his feet before looking into Yoobi’s eyes which was already getting teary. His heart ache, looking at the sight of her. “I’m sorry…”

“-but this is who I am.”

That night, the sky seems to be darker than usual. There were no stars and Yoobi felt a sting in her heart.

“I’ll leave. I hope you’ll forget about me and find someone who loves you more than me…” This was not what Woobin wished for. No one wanted to leave their love ones.

Taking one last look at Yoobi, Woobin turned away but Yoobi embraced him from the back, her fingers tightly intertwined, wrapping her arms around his waist.

“Don’t leave…” She whimpered. “I don’t care if you’re a vampire or a werewolf because I love you. I love you!” Her tears wet the back of his shirt.

Woobin turn around, holding her tightly in his arms. He wipes the tears off her cheeks with his thumb and kissed her.

 “I love you too.”

Woobin chose to stay.

He chose to be with her.

He chose to betray his own kind for Yoobi.

And he will not regret his decision.