Prologue

Vampire Idol : The End

I looked up at the stars, sighing. The stars blinking brightly back at me, I sighed again. The time seems to have stopped and there’s only me and the brightest star up there. I blinked at it and it blinked back as an answer. Although it might sound weird but I felt at peace at once as if it is answering to my call.

Father, are you watching me from up there? Have you been well? Is mom alright? She’s not crying, is she? I miss you...  These unanswered questions were left just like that. Then, voice brought me back to reality.

“Baba, are you thinking about Bababa?” Mukadil looked worriedly at me. He always knew what I was thinking; the best right man you can ask for. He had his hands  behind his back, standing very sternly and straight just like how used to.

I nodded with a tight smile, turning back to the stars.

“Baba, I’m sure he’ll forgive you soon.”

“Hopefully.” And I crossed my fingers, praying.

“Soohyuk-sshi! Please help me take that bag of charcoal here and come help me.” Minkyung shouted, pointing at the white bag of black coal just a few meters away from where we both stood. In her other hand was skewers with chicken wings and her cheek were smeared with charcoal mark. She looked like she was struggling quite badly with the fire.

Mukadil looked at me for approval. I nodded, granting him the permission to leave. I watched as he left, carrying the charcoal bag with ease in one hand. I can’t help but smile when I saw how Mukadil’s face lit up, talking to Minkyung. He took a piece of wet towel and helped clean the girl’s face and that sight was just too sweet that I can’t help but looked away.

We’ve having a barbecue party at the company’s rooftop while star-gazing. President Oh is treating us because our collaboration won first and topped all charts for 3 weeks straight. It was worth the celebration and it was a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of situation to have Stingy Oh treat.

A moment later, Yariru came running and hid behind my cape. Minah came seconds later with a pout and a red sweater in hand, identical to the sweater she was wearing. She kept shoving the tee into his hands but he had them clenched tightly.

“Wangja oppa! Jonghyun won’t wear this couple tee with me.” She whined, stomping her feet like a 5-year-old who didn’t get candies on Halloween. I rolled my eyes at her but she didn’t seem to notice that. Instead, she tugged my sleeves desperately asking for help.

“Oho. Bang Minah. I’m Yariru- I mean Hong Jonghyun with IQ 790. Couple things like this are useless things lovers do.” He squint his eyes at the girl, judgingly. “And! We’re not lovers.” He added as a matter of fact.

“Jonghyun oppa!!! Please please please. Just once?” Minah pleaded, bringing her index finger close to her pouting lips.

“Yariru, just do as she asks.” I said, helplessly sandwiched between the duo. I just wanted to get out of this situation but the hardheaded boy was too stubborn to listen.

“I will do anything, Baba… but this.” And with that he ran off with Minah trailing behind him like a hungry piranha.

I sighed for the nth time that night. Won’t it be nice if the girl I like does the same as Minah? I thought.

“Woobin chingu. See that star over there? Researchers say vampire came from that star.”

Yoobi points at the brightest star. I scoffed. At least she was half right about that. We did come from a star but not the star she was pointing that. And dumb Gabri didn’t know how to hide his facial expressions.

“Vam-vampire? R-Really?”

“Yup! And I hope I can meet one before I die.”

Sitting in a distance was Gabri and Yoobi. Their arms tightly linked, cuddling close together as they ate Gabri’s favorite caramel flavored popcorn, gazing at the stars. I was envious of the two of them. They were both in love with each other; the only official couple in this company. Although there were a lot of dramas in the middle involving the rabbit mascot, they ended up together.

But me?

I turned to look at the girl sitting by the grilling stove, chomping pieces and pieces of meat down as if she was starved for months. No matter how, she still looked attractive in my eyes. Her name is Oh WooHee, the love of my life although she never noticed me. I knew that she does not feel the same way as I do but I won’t give up. It won’t be easy because I was after all, Vampirutus Panyera Twilight Walakia Kunyaris Romania Blarantua Transylvania New Moon Tenios Bellanluci Breaking Dawn Draculu Oolala Eclipse Apalidia, the prince and the heir of Planet.Vampiritus.

I bet you’re wondering by now. Who are we?

We’re vampires and here’s the ending to our stay on planet Earth.