C h a p t e r 5

Always There For You

 

Your uncle somehow managed to let you guys stay in Japan for another week.  Not for work, but for a vacation.  The first two weeks were full of work and fun.  From behind, you watched the guys being filmed for Match Up.  You avoided being on camera, but the guys would drag you in with them, especially the beach.  JaeHyo picked you up on his shoulders and threw you in the water.  You growled and chased after him.  They tried to put MinHyuk in the water, but he was able to escape.  You laughed so much when JaeHyo, Yukwon, and JiHoon were trying to win their 10,000 yen.  Congrats JiHoon!  And with their last performance and episode, MinHyuk dragged you on stage as they were singing Taeil Happy Birthday.

“Knock knock!” you heard someone say.  You laughed and opened the door to see Kyung happily waving to you.

“Hi, oppa,” you happily greeted and let him inside.

“Having fun in Japan?” he asked.  You nodded and looked out the window.

“The view is so pretty,” you stated.  “I like it here and I love that uncle is letting us stay here for another week.  Is everyone else sleeping still?”

“Yup.  C’mon, let’s go out and have breakfast,” Kyung said.  You nodded and put on your shoes.  “You’re going to go out in your sleepwear?  It is cold out, you know.”

“Give me a couple of minutes,” you said.

You came out of your room with a pair of skinny jeans, a white tank top, with MinHyuk’s Block B hoodie he let you borrow, and a pair of black UGG boots.  You and Kyung walked around the calm outdoors of Japan.  The sky was clear, no wind, just the cold air.

“Not worried about any fans?” you asked.  Kyung shook his head.  He then turned to see a cafe.

“Let’s go here.”  The waitress greeted you two and gave you guys a table.  You and Kyung ordered sushi and a glass of water.  “Eat up, _______.  It’s all on me.”  You nodded.

“Thank you, oppa.  Shouldn’t we also have waited for the other oppas to wake up?” you asked curiously.

“Nah, besides, I want to hang out with my baby sister,” he said as he pinched your cheeks.  You pouted and Kyung laughed as he ruffled your hair.

“I swear you love ruffling my hair,” you said as you fixed it.

“How can I not?  Your hair is so soft.”  You laughed.  Kyung sure was silly.  “I can bet you that MinHyuk hyung is going to call you, frantically asking you where you are.”  You looked at him.

“I can bet you he’s going to be calm,” you said confidently.

“Wanna bet?  I can bet you ten bucks,” he said.  You held your hand out.

“I accept your challenge.”  Soon, your food came and you two started to eat and playfully talk and laugh.  After ten minutes passed, your cell phone rang.  It was MinHyuk.  Both of you smirked at each other and you answered with Kyung’s ear by the back of your phone.  “Hi, oppa,” you greeted cheerfully.  You heard MinHyuk taking a deep breath.

“_______~ah, where are you?” he asked calmly.  You held your hand out, waiting for Kyung to give you your ten dollars.

“I’m sorry, oppa.  Right now I’m out with Kyung oppa,” you answered.  “He wanted to treat me out for breakfast.  I hope you’re not sad.”  You did feel guilty for not telling him.  “He told me everyone else was sleeping.”  You heard him chuckle which made you sigh in relief.

“I’m not mad, I’m just curious.  Plus, I thought someone kidnapped your or something.  Good thing that was Kyung,” he said.  You and Kyung started to laugh and he took your phone.

“Don’t worry, hyung.  Your girlfriend is safe and sound,” he said.  “We’ll be back soon, too from our awesome and delicious breakfast.  Right, _______?”

“Right!” you responded with a thumbs a up.

“What?  You guys had sushi without us?!” JiHoo exclaimed.

“And you didn’t bring any back?” JiHoon asked.

“We’re hungry people, too!” JaeHyo exclaimed.  Once you and Kyung came back, the members were already awake.  MinHyuk went up to you and hugged you.  The members crowded around Kyung, asking him questions.  You and MinHyuk took the chance to leave the group and go inside your room.  MinHyuk sat on your bed while you were on the floor.

“Come sit next to me,” he said.  You giggled and nodded.  MinHyuk hugged you from behind and trapped you in between his legs.  “Aigoo, you didn’t even bring me food?  Your boyfriend?”

“I’m sorry,” you replied, feeling extremely guilty as you bit your lip.  MinHyuk saw and felt guilty to make you feel like that.  He kissed your cheek.

“Yah, don’t worry about it.  I was just kidding,” he whispered.  You turned to him with a pout.

“But I do feel guilty.”

“I know how you can make it up for me.”

“How?”  He then pointed to his lips.  You shook your head as you laughed.  You leaned closer to him and kissed him.  As you were about to pull away, MinHyuk cupped your face, deepening the kiss.  Your eyes widened a bit, but you closed them and kissed him back.  MinHyuk slowly pulled away and kissed your forehead.  You blushed as you looked at him.

“You know, that sweater looks amazing on you,” he said.

“No it doesn’t,” you muttered.

“You look very cute today, too.”

“Did you know that I won ten dollars from Kyung today?”

“And how?”

“Since I never told you where I was, he expected you to call which you did.  However, we bet that you would either ask frantically where I am, for Kyung, and for me, you would be asking calmly,” you answered with a big smile.

“It worried me that you were gone, but good thing you’re safe,” he said as he hugged you tighter.  “By the way, you and I are going on a date all day today.”

“What are we going to do?” you asked excitedly.

“Eat lunch, explore Tokyo, eat dinner, and explore Tokyo,” MinHyuk answered.  You giggled.

“I like that idea.”

By night time, MinHyuk lead you inside a store that sells toys, accessories, and jewelry.  MinHyuk lead you to where the rings are.  He smiled and pointed at a simple, silver one with little fake diamonds around it.

“What do you think of that?” he asked.

“It’s cute,” you answered and saw the same ring, except the diamonds were a faint blue.  “Look at that.”  MinHyuk saw and smiled.

“I like that,” he said and took the two rings.  You curiously watched him as he bought it.  He then walked up to you and put the ring that you like, on your right ring finger.  He showed you his right finger and showed you the ring with blue faint colored diamonds.  “Couple rings.”  You giggled and kissed his cheek before hugging him.  You quietly yawned as you two walked out of the store hand in hand.  “Let’s go back to the hotel.”

“Okay,” you answered.  You two had been out around noon and it’s already ten at night.

“You know what?” he asked.

“What?”

“Japanese fans love you.”  You laughed.  While you two were out, fans would come up to MinHyuk and ask for his autograph.  Many asked about you two and truthfully, MinHyuk confessed.  They seemed ecstatic.  ”I was worried they wouldn’t like it that I’m going out with someone, but they’re cool with it.”

“So far…” you mumbled.

“Ah, don’t worry about haters,” he said.  ”Besides, think about the supportive fans and everything will be alright.”  You nodded and smiled.

“You’re right.”

“Of course I’m right.  Plus, you have me.  I’m going to protect you and make sure you’re not hurt.”

“You’re so sweet, you know that?”

“I’ve been told.”

“By…?”

“By you,” he answered.  You giggled at his cheesiness.

Three days passed.  JaeHyo started to call everyone over when he saw an article about you two.  Your uncle sighed and looked at you.

”_______, I want you to be careful now,” he said with concern.  You smiled and nodded.

“Don’t worry, uncle.  I will,” you answered.  ”Besides, how bad can it be?”

Going back to Korea felt difficult for you.  With the fans crowding around, waiting for their return, you can hear both the support and harsh comments fans would give to you.  You bit your lip as you walked quietly behind the guys.  MinHyuk realized it and stopped to wait for you.  You looked up and smiled.  MinHyuk tightly held your hand, catching up to the others.

“Omo!  Look!  Couple ring!” a fan squealed happily.  That statement somewhat brought an uproar.  You and the guys quickly walked to the van, not wanting to be crowded by the fans.

“You alright, _______?” MinHyuk asked.  You smiled and nodded.  MinHyuk and the guys sighed in relief.  MinHyuk hugged you and kissed your head.  ”Good.”