C h a p t e r 1

Always There For You

 


You stood by the bus stop, patiently waiting for your bus to come.  Headphones were in your ears and were on loud enough that you wouldn’t be able to hear the outside world.  You smiled while your favorite song started playing.  You looked from left to right.  After a couple more looks, you smiled.  The bus had arrived.  You entered the crowded bus and started to head to BNS.  You thought it was your uncle who called; however, it was Cho PD and apparently, he had surprising news for you.  When you arrived, you took your ear phones off and entered inside the building.  You then saw a woman at the front desk.  She smiled when she saw you walking up to her.

"Hello and how may I help you?" she asked nicely.  You smiled back.

"Um, I was called to be here by Cho PD," you answered.

"Oh, Kim _______, correct?"

"Yes."  She mentioned to wait for a bit and you did.  The woman got off the phone with a smile.

"Go to the second floor and turn to your left.  He'll be three doors down by your...left," she answered.  You bowed and thanked her before heading to the elevator.  You looked around.  'Nice place,' you thought.  Your heart was racing while you were getting closer to the room.  Once you were on the second floor, you took deep breaths...tons of deep breaths as you were counting the doors.

"One.....two....." you counted quietly.  "Three...."  You took one last deep breath.  "Here goes nothing."  You knocked on the door and waited for answer.

"Please come in," you heard a deep male's voice respond.  You did and once you did, the man stood up with a smile.  You bowed and smiled back.  "Kim _______?"  You nodded.  He chuckled.  "Please sit down.  I'm Cho Joong Hoon, or better known as Cho PD.  Or you can just call me PD."  You sat down.

"Annyeongsayo, JoongHoon~shi.  So, why have you called me here?" you asked curiously.  Cho PD chuckled and sat down.

“Well, your uncle had told me about what happened a month ago and he didn’t want you to be by yourself.  Your uncle wished he was here now, but unfortunately, he’s busy running errands, but he really wanted me to tell you that he would appreciate it if you move in with the guys he’s managing for,” Cho PD said.  Your eyes widened.  Your uncle is the manager for Block B.  You weren’t that hardcore fan, but you did appreciate their music.  It was unique and catchy.

“Are-Are you sure it wouldn’t be a problem?” you asked.  Cho PD smiled and shook his head.

“Of course not.  Your uncle begged me and we also talked to the other members about it and they easily agreed.”  You smiled and nodded.

“I…well, since it’s alright, I guess I will.”

“That’s great!”

“When do I move in though?” you asked.

“Preferably by tonight, but tomorrow morning or next week is fine also,” Cho PD answered.  You pondered for a bit before answering.

“I’ll try by tonight.”

“Great.  Then…”  The door then opened.  You looked up to see a tall boy with light brown, spiked hair.  The boy looked at you and smiled as he looked at Cho PD.

"Omo!  Is that manager hyung's niece?" he asked excitedly.  You smiled.  You thought it was cute.  Cho PD chuckled and nodded.

"This is her, JiHoon.  _______~ah, this is JiHoon or known as P.O.  He's the youngest and the rapper of Block B.  JiHoon, this is your manager’s niece, _______.  I’m warning you guys, I want you to watch over her and treat her with respect," he warned.  JiHoon smiled and nodded of course.  You then stood up and bowed to JiHoon.

"Annyeongsayo," you said shyly.  JiHoon smiled and did the same.

"JiHoon, can you help her move in?"

"Of course I can!" he said happily.  Before leaving, you turned to Cho PD to bow and thank him.  Cho PD only chuckled and responded with a no problem.  You then followed JiHoon outside.

"So, _______~shi, how old are you?" he asked.

"I'm eighteen," you answered.  You looked up to see JiHoon's brightened eyes.

"Me too!  When's your birthday?" he asked excitedly.  You giggled.

"February 13."

"Ah~ then I'm going to be your oppa.  I’m February 2nd.  If you want, you can call me oppa now.  I'm going to be your bodyguard and brother," he replied as he used his hand as gun.  You giggled at his cuteness.

"Araso, oppa."

____________________________________________

"Yah, JiHoon oppa, let me carry my luggage," you kept saying as you extended your arm to get two of your luggage.  JiHoon would quickly pull away.

"No way.  Just carry your backpack and that one small luggage," he replied.  "Jeez, why do you girls have so many things?"

"Well, we do love clothes.  Plus, you're carrying my guitar which is going to make things much more heavier for you," you answered with a laugh.  "Let me carry my guitar at least," you insisted.

"Nah, your back is full."

"I can carry it from its handle!"

"Nope!  We're almost here anyway."  You puffed your cheeks and followed him from behind.  You started to get nervous once you entered the building.  You can feel butterflies in your stomach once you two entered the elevator.  JiHoon looked at you and smiled.  "_______, don't be nervous.  They're really nice hyungs.  They fool around a lot and they won't hate you.  Manager hyung talks about you a lot.  Trust me, we're excited to meet you."  You smiled and nodded.  Before you know it, you were in front of the door.  JiHoon opened it and let you entered inside first.  He looked around the place.  "I swear this dorm is never clean."  The place seemed clean and organized.  You giggled and soon, a boy with a kitten like face came in the room.  He smiled.

"Guys~!  She's here!" he said excitedly.  You soon heard shuffling footsteps and before you know it, five other boys were in front of you.  JiHoon then walked to them and the guy in the middle counted to three.

"Do you Wanna B!  Block B!" they greeted.  You smiled and bowed.

"Annyeongsayo.  My name is Kim _______ and I hope we get along well and I promise I won’t be a big problem for you guys," you said.  You looked to see them smile and bowed.  They all introduced themselves.  You looked at the really tall member, JaeHyo in awe.  When you met Yukwon, you giggled.  'He's so cute~!' you would mentally squeal.  You saw Zico and gave him a high five.  He made you feel comfortable already.  Then there was Taeil who gave you a shy hello.  You smiled and shook his hand.  You then felt a hand ruffle your hair.  You turned to see Kyung.  'He reminds me of a cucumber,' you thought.  You then turned to see one last boy.  You walked up to him and bowed, not knowing what to do.  He bowed too and smiled.

"I'm MinHyuk," he said and extended his hand for a handshake.  You smiled and shook his hand back.

"Okay, since we're done introducing ourselves, let's have _______ settle in," Kyung said.  JaeHyo took one of your luggages from JiHoon and headed to your room.  You turned to see them all crowd around the door.  You then heard a chuckle from MinHyuk.

"C'mon, we set up your room," he said and followed the members.  Excitedly, you followed and entered the room.  You smiled.  The walls were painted a purple color.  There was a single bed by the wall that has pink, purple, and blue bed sheets with a night table next to it.  There was a desk just for you and a small closet next to it.  Your eyes went straight to the cute pink plushie that was on your bed.  You turned to the members and bowed.

"Kamsahamnida.  Kamsahamnida," you kept saying.  Yukwon ruffled your hair.

"No problem, kiddo," he said.  You smiled.

"Okay, what's for dinner?" Zico asked.  Everyone was silent, wondering on what to eat.  "_______ you pick."

"How about...jjang jjang myun with radishes!" you answered excitedly.  The members started to cheer.  You could hear Zico, JiHoon, and Kyung clearly which made you laugh.

"Okay, we'll start getting the food," Zico said.  "You just get settled.  And if you need to, the bathroom is across from your bedroom.  The door to your left is my room along with JaeHyo hyung and MinHyuk hyung.  The one to your right is Yukwon and Kyung and the one to the left side of the bathroom is Taeil and JiHoon's.  Your uncle lives at another place that’s just a few minutes from where we live."

"Kamsahamnida," you said again and bowed.

You were now alone in your room.  Once they did, you took your iPod and started to play music loud through your headphones as you unpacked.  All of your clothes were neatly in closet.  You placed your guitar next to your night table.  Some posters and pictures were placed in a pile so that you can hang them up later.  It only took you about thirty minutes.  Once you finished, you decided to take a shower before you eat dinner.

___________________________________________

"Hey guys, I'll just stay here," MinHyuk said.  The members looked at him then at each other.  They nodded.

"Okay.  We'll be back as soon as we can," JaeHyo said before they left.  Once they did, MinHyuk walked to his room.

"I'll give them an hour," he said to himself.  He jumped when he heard the shower being .  Soon, music started to play.  He heard SNSD's songHoney playing and listened to you sing.  He smiled.  "A singer I see," he muttered with a small smirk.  He checked the time on his watch.  8:45PM.  "Fifteen minutes left.  They probably decided to play with some toys along the way."  MinHyuk got up and headed to his closet to get a pair of black and red basketball shorts and a black T-shirt and a towel once he heard the shower turn off.  The music was turned off and he somewhat hear you muttering something.

"Damn..." he heard you say.  MinHyuk just shrugged it off and walked out of his room.  Once he did, you opened the bathroom door with a towel around you.  Both of your eyes widened.  "M-Min-MinHyuk~shi?!" you exclaimed once you hid behind the bathroom door.

"I-I..." he stuttered.  "S-Sorry.  I-I..."  You took a deep breath to calm yourself.

"Weren't you with the guys?" you asked calmly.  Your face was clearly red from embarrassment and you stared at the ground, avoiding his gaze.

"I decided to stay here," he answered.  You only nodded.  "I'll turn around."

"You-You go do that," you said.  Once he did, you quickly walked to your room.  "You can use the shower now."  You saw him nod and enter the bathroom.  You closed your bedroom door and leaned against it as you felt your beating heart.  "Aish, really?  That was so embarrassing," you whined.

After about five minutes, you heard the rest coming inside the dorm.  They were really loud as they talked and laughed.  You smiled and walked to them.  Taeil looked at you and smiled.

"Hey, _______.  Aren't you cold?" he asked.  You were wearing a large, black long-sleeved shirt with a pair of black shorts.  You even wore pink fuzzy socks.  You shook your head.

"I'm fine," you answered.  "So, dinner time?  I'm starved."  Zico and JaeHyo held up the bags.

"Dinner time!" they all cheered.

"I'll go get MinHyuk~shi," you insisted.  You turned to see the bathroom door open, so you knocked on his bedroom door.

"Coming!" you heard him say.  The door quickly opened and again both of your eyes widened as you saw him topless.  Your eyes immediately averted to the floor with your cheeks burning up.

"I'm so sorry, I thought you were one of the guys," he said as he quickly put on his T-Shirt.

"I-It's alright," you stuttered.  You took a deep breath and looked up at him with a smile.  "Dinner time."