Kyungsoo

Lieutenant Do

Kyungsoo

 

Kyungsoo is a man of honour. His passion of being a soldier is so much admirable. A few kids from his neighbourhood often sneaked around his parents house when he was on leave from the academy and came home to visit his parents.

 


His family wasn't that well off, his father was a headmaster of a small elementary school in the next city and his mother used to be a high school teacher but she quit after he turned six and been doing small classes for the unfortunate kids at the city hall since then.

But she stop doing it quite some years ago, when Kyungsoo no longer went to school.

 


And he is such an obedient son who listens to his mother; too well.

So when his mother said he should go on this one marriage interview, he simply said yes without hesitation.


"Kyungsoo-ya, remember Aunt Hyeja? The one who used to come when you were kid. I met her earlier and she said a son of a friend of her is searching for a partner. So she somehow recommended you to her friend. So why don't you go... to meet him. She said the son is a giver," his mother gave him an expectant look.


"—and he came from a nice family as well. He's a doctor and his father owned a big pharmacy-"


Kyungsoo knew she's beating around the bush now but, he wasn't planning to say 'no' either.


"If that you want, then I'll do it, mother," he cut his mother politely, giving his mother an assuring smile.
His mother was flustered by his immediate answer, looking a bit guilty.


"Y-you sure, 'Soo? I mean, I don't want you to do this because of me. It's your decision since it's your life. I just want the best for you,"


"Mother, if you think it's best for me to go, then I think it's best for me as well." He gave her a radiant smile, looking at her with a fond eyes.

 

To be honest, Kyungsoo himself was so nervous of meeting the man. Who knew how's that guy was.

'Is he a good man?' 'Am I suited to be with him?'


There's rattling sound of the door to his room opened (it's an expensive premium Japanese style restaurant, Kyungsoo was so perplexed when he was told to go there) and his questions earlier immediately answered, feeding up his anxiety more.


The man was so gorgeous, with his hair half slicked up and dark grey suit adorning his body. He looked so perfect. Having been told his name and what he do for living made him felt ashamed of his honest thought earlier. But he didn't make it shown to the man in front of him. He's a soldier, he should've being able to control his expression well.


"It's such a lovely evening isn't it?" The man—Byun Baekhyun, he recalled.

Such a beautiful voice he possessed. The huskiness with a slightly deep note in his voice sent a shiver to his body, but he kept his guard up, since he might not up to the liking of this man.

He was very conscious of himself; a brute soldier, compared to the ethereal beauty of such a gentleman. Such a waste if he was to be tied with a person like him.


Their conversation came easy as the man was such a 'people' person, so he didn't have any problem to respond in such he was trained; or more likely he trained himself—senseful and thoughtful.


By the end of the meeting, he was almost sure that the meeting might be their last; well they wouldn't meet each other if it wasn't for this arrangement. But his hand was suddenly grabbed by Baekhyun's dainty hand and the next thing that came almost sent him tumbling.


"If I'm gonna ask your hand on a marriage, it would be very rude for me to not properly court you isn't it? So, if it's not a bother to you, would you not mind to go on another date with me?"


Kyungsoo actually forgot to breath for a while. It's all too overwhelming to him. So he said yes, albeit hesitantly since there's bugging doubt playing around his mind.

 

 


Baekhyun was a fun person, so much to keep up with the awkward Kyungsoo. When he said he never ever been going around Seoul, Baekhyun happily dragged him to every crowd filled places in Seoul.
But still, he can't bring himself to become more familiar with Baekhyun.

Even when Baekhyun tried to hold hand with him, he flinched and immediately apologized for his thoughtless behaviour which Baekhyun shrugged it off with a laugh. He seriously don't know how to act around Baekhyun.Baekhyun is a radiant ball of light compared to him, a dull old mirror. He sometimes wonder if one day, he won't have any luxury of going on a date with Baekhyun anymore since he might gonna drop Kyungsoo for another person that worth even more of his time than him.


So when Baekhyun suddenly went down on his knee—right in front of Kyungsoo apartment garden, with a ring box in his hand, the lingering worries and anxieties on the shore of his heart was washed away by the flooding waves of relief.


"You...would you like to spend the rest of your entire existence with mine in it? Would you marry me,"


It was beyond unbelievable. Baekhyun was on his knee— showing him a box of a glinting metal that all he could do was to dreamt of getting it from anybody, much more from a person like Baekhyun. He's completely nailed to the ground, the reality-shaking confession that made his heart clenched terribly.


He is proposing me.


What should he respond? What's the word?


In a split moment of panic, he let out a raspy respond of 'o...okay, I d-do?' with a webbing hesitation in his heart.


And Baekhyun reaction to that—it wasn't clear on the surface but the pull on his neck and a fluffy cushioned feeling on his lip, made him known that Baekhyun was happy with this disposition.

 

 

Kyungsoo couldn't stop all of the overflowing feeling the moment Baekhyun recited the vow. Hesitation, insecurity, adoration, affection and trust—though Kyungsoo wasn't sure that's the right word, since it would've brought the contradiction to the first word. But he should've done all of this in good faith since Baekhyun was so great to put up with him and married him.

 


And so Kyungsoo repeat the vow— with a tightly taut hand, them both then declared as a married couple, that's the bit where Kyungsoo dropped everything, to embrace the whatever future they both would share—as he kissed back the lips of a dear husband.

 

 

 

 

a/n: fuh, done with the chapter. Quite nervous while writing this chapter. I wrote this chapter with the thinking of a manga enthusiast, so if you are familiar with manga, i think u wuld get wut im talking about^^ btw, enjoy this chapter.