Homecoming

Lieutenant Do

If Baekhyun is excited, he really doesn't want to hide it; well at least for today-- since his waiting finally coming to an end.

He couldn't contain his excitement when Kyungsoo called him after three weeks he gone for his duty—telling him that he's gonna be home tomorrow—and it's today.

He greets every single people he met, be it the patients or the staffs with the enthusiasm kin to an eager puppy. 


He looks so dumb and so in love, or so what his assistant said when he's smiling too much—looking a little bit eery when he's grinning to the void air.   


It's Kyungsoo first duty after he got married, so it basically Baekhyun first time being apart from Kyungsoo after their first night together (because Baekhyun practically gone back to his work right on the day after and Kyungsoo off to his duty). His mind wanders a lot during his free time, imagining all the thing they could do during Kyungsoo leave —which is only for a week— but he should be content, since that's all he could ever ask from Kyungsoo strict schedule. He himself didn't have that much time, but at least he could be home before the night got even darker.


He pulled into the parking lots, almost tripping on his feet when he skips his way to his house, trying very hard to suppress bubbling happiness in his heart.


"Soo, I'm home," and Baekhyun actually wait for the answer.

A minute later, he got what he want. 

"You're home already?" A deep voice echoing his greeting and then appears the most awaited man in Baekhyun life, waist hugged by a purple apron up to the neck by the loop of the thin apron string. 


"Yes," Baekhyun voice timidly, suddenly feeling shy when seeing the real person standing in front of him. 

Kyungsoo smiles, that small one that makes his heart beats erratically. 


"Did you eat your dinner yet? I made some jigae," he bashfully looking at the clock, knowing it's kinda late to ask that. 


"W-well, I only managed to grab some bread earlier since the traffic was terrible, so I don't?" Baekhyun smiles cheekily, noticing the redness creeping on Kyungsoo neck. 


Slightly taken aback, Kyungsoo flutters his eyes in disbelief and laughs at the silliness. 


"Then, let's have the dinner," he say as he takes Baekhyun stuff to put inside their room. 


Baekhyun is feeling very domestical now. He assumes, this is what they call marriage bliss. 


The dinner is very awkward. None of them know what to do or say since they didn't know much about each other. So when Baekhyun clears his throat, Kyungsoo jolts in his seat and Baekhyun can't help but grinning at that cute reaction. 

"So, how long your break gonna be?" Baekhyun asks, albeit knowing the period as Kyungsoo already informed him before.


Kyungsoo lifts his head, finally looking at Baekhyun with a doe eyes. He takes a few gulps of air before opening his mouth. He is seriously nervous. 


"A week, I got an extended leave since I have been called right away after the wedding. So, I requested for the extended leave," blush dusting his peach cheek while he picks his spoon to sip the jigae—trying to hide his embarrasement.

Baekhyun chuckles. 


"That's good then, this Tuesday is my day off. So we could've just stay at home or go anywhere you want on that day," Baekhyun grins mischivieously. "...or we could've just stay together on the bed for the entire day," 

And when he hears Kyungsoo chokes on his soup, he laughs heartily at him before helping the poor soldier. 

"W-what are you talking about," Kyungsoo is as red as tomato now and Baekhyun couldn't help but to coo at his husband. 

After finishing dinner, Baekhyun helps with the dishes— mainly distracting Kyungsoo few cheesy lines; which had Kyungsoo frowning cutely due to his embarrasement.

Kyungsoo is seriously cute, Baekhyun thought. He got embarrased by very small thing and his calm yet flustered face is very much endearing to look at. And that's making him to look forward spending his time together with Kyungsoo. 

 

Kyungsoo is already on the bed by the time Baekhyun finished his shower— body covered with the soft duvet and a thick rimmed reading glass sitting on the bridge of his nose perfectly.

Kyungsoo turns his head to look at his husband, his slicked hair earlier had gone all mushroom now, dripping some water on the floor from his shower earlier. He dries his hair using the old men technique, twisting the towel and brushes it vigorously over the hair. Kyungsoo chuckles. Baekhyun look so cute and his slightly long hair look so fluffy and soft from that action. Kyungsoo really want to run his finger through it. 

Baekhyun finishes drying his hair, and he does realize that Kyungsoo is staring at him since the beginning. So he walks to his closet, taking out his white dotted pyjama before slipping it to his body. As soon as he done, he makes his way to the bed— dipping the bed slightly with his weight. He quickly settles beside Kyungsoo, who is back to his reading—looking slightly guilty. Baekhyun chuckles and that makes Kyungsoo turns to look at him. 

"What?" 

"Hello, Husband," Baekhyun smiles softly, taking Kyungsoo book away from him and put it on the nightstand. 

Kyungsoo fiddles with his fingers since he doesn't know what to do. Baekhyun is beside him, staring at him with a look that Kyungsoo can't dechiper.

"Well, I guess I lost to your fingers then," Baekhyun pouts.

Kyungsoo lifts his head abruptly, looking at Baekhyun questioningly.

"Pardon?"

Baekhyun chuckles, a little bit embarrassed by Kyungsoo reaction to his remark.

"Well, your finger is that distracting until my face is something you could dismiss just like that," Baekhyun still tries his best to tease Kyungsoo, though he saw the creeping red on Kyungsoo cheeks.

"What-- I-- uhm...," and Kyungsoo upright demeanor crumbles. His lower lip trembles out of nerves.

Baekhyun laughs and hugs Kyungsoo sideway.

"I'm just kidding, but may I take your lovely eyes off from your fingers? Since I feel so lonely without them. Or.." Baekhyun tangles his fingers with Kyungsoo, pulling it to his chest, "...should I just take this dainty hand along with me?" he drops a kiss on Kyungsoo fingers, kissing every single of it.

Kyungsoo is way beyond red now. His body is heating up so much and Baekhyun surely had noticed that too, given that there isn't any distance between them both.

"Baekhyun," Kyungsoo voice broke cutely.

"Yes dear" Baekhyun keep kissing Kyungsoo hand, arm and crawls up to his neck, it slightly.

Kyungsoo squirms against Baekhyun lips as the lips wander around his nape, behind his ear --where it tickles the most-- and his neck before pulling him into his arm in a tight hug.

"I miss you so much you know," Baekhyun mumbles in Kyungsoo neck.

They stay like that for a while until Baekhyun slowly let go of Kyungsoo to lay down on the bed.

Kyungsoo looks baffled. He kinda feeling upset when Baekhyun let go of him andlay like that on their bed. As if sulking, he clears his throat, reaches for the night lamp and flicks the switch off, mumbling 'goodnight' to Baekhyun.

But as soon as his body reaches the mattress, a hand sneaks up his torso.

"Hey Kyungsoo, are you upset?"

Kyungsoo jolts and almost elbowed Baekhyun on reflex. Baekhyun giggles.

"Whoa easy, Soo," Baekhyun pats his arm.

"Wha-- I-- Baekhyun, aren't you tired? Go ahead and sleep." Kyungsoo gently pries Baekhyun hand off his body but Baekhyun tugs Kyungsoo closer.

"Lemme stay like this, I wanna be close with you," Baekhyun mumbles, slowly drifting off.

And Kyungsoo couldn't say he is not upset but it's fine. They still a lot of time together.

 

 

 

 

a/n: haha, sorry for this chapter. i got occupied with a lot of thing so i cant update soon(nah, this is simply me giving some bull). haha, sorry for the lack of content ^^'. enjoy and comment pls