Baekhyun

Lieutenant Do

Baekhyun

Their meeting wasn't any special but wasn't any ordinary than any normal couple anyway. An arranged marriage would be the perfect word for it.

Clichè isn't it?


Baekhyun is a nice gentleman whose mothers would want to marry off their daughter —or in this case son too, with him. Reason? Simple.

He has a stable job, came from a well off family, good-looking, a perfect gentleman and epitome of whatever perfect you can call. Totally a man that cut out straight from the fairy tale book. And the most important trait—he is a giver.


So when Baekhyun turned 25 years old, his mother made him to start thinking of building a family of his own and Baekhyun didn't have anything against that idea at all. So, his mother sets him up on various suitors, women and carrier, but none of them appealed him—except this one awkward man. Baekhyun got one weird feeling, oozed from his aura. He had a droopy shoulder, but his overall physical look nice; sturdy and lean body with a quite thin waist for a man (but he himself is a man with a wide pelvis, so Baekhyun didn't judge). His rosy plush lips and wide innocent eyes really contradict his hard appearance. Baekhyun guessed he's in his early 20's, maybe just finishing his mandatory service, since he looked so young. But as the night went on, Baekhyun discovered that he didn't just finished his service but he IS with the military and he was the a year younger but he's born earlier in the year so that made him in the same age as Baekhyun (which leave Baekhyun speechless for a minute). But nevertheless, with the short cropped hair; gelled up to look stylish and formal, his small gesture of rubbing his thigh; a telltale of his nervousness—he assumed, Baekhyun found Kyungsoo was a very interesting and cute person to be with. They would definitely looking good together. 

So Baekhyun went ahead and decided to bring him on another date. He said, taking Kyungsoo hand in his — "If I'm gonna ask your hand on a marriage, it would be very rude for me to not properly court you isn't it? So, if it's not a bother to you, would you not mind to go on another date with me?"— before tenderly kissing the back of Kyungsoo hand. But Kyungsoo reaction was sure very priceless; his eyes opened wide and his irises trembled, the blush creeping from his cheek to his ears. Totally a sight Baekhyun love to photograph and put it on the wall. 

Their first date (practically second date but Baekhyun like to call it first, it's more romantic that way) went out to be really well. They spent time together for the whole day, visiting tourist attraction places in Seoul since Kyungsoo said he never been to any of it; to which Baekhyun happily dragged him to the place around Seoul.

From their excursion, Baekhyun learned a lot of minor things about Kyungsoo. He wasn't into the skinship and he's a demure person though Baekhyun thought it might just a temporary thing. His eyes was the most expressive about him, like the way it's lighted up the moment he taste the takoyaki they bought from the foodtruck near the riverside of Hangang or the way his eyes sparkles when the street performers did a trick using the simple card play, it's all too adorable for his heart to bear.

They agreed to meet up again after that and everytime, Baekhyun would bring Kyungsoo to the places that couple usually went to and do the couple stuff though it's a bit embarrassing for them. But some thing actually bother him, Kyungsoo was never not polite with him to the extent of him bowing to him whenever they met and parted. He even using jondaemal. But he guessed it just military habit since he remembered his service days. Still, those thing did nothing to his affection.

He's so lovestrucked.


He lived his day as if he's floating in every single day after that. It just the thought of having such a completely cute and awkward person as a pair was so appealing to him. So on fifth date, his mother shoved him a small dark maroon velvet box into his hand and urged him to propose Kyungsoo already— which he did later, when they were gonna part on their way home, right in front of Kyungsoo apartment complex garden.


"You...would you like to spend the rest of your entire existence with mine in it? Would you marry me," he said, getting on his left knee, eyes not leaving Kyungsoo beautiful brown orb that suddenly look so shiny and sparkly under the flickering neon street light.


It's a shame that he couldn't see Kyungsoo reaction clearly under the light, but his lack of movement make Baekhyun a little bit nervous. A while later, he got his answer, with a slightly crack in Kyungsoo voice.


"O—okay, I d-do?"

 

 

 

"...Byun-saem. You alright?" A tall, young nurse was standing in front of his table with his resting expression.


Baekhyun snapped out from his fluttering thought, keeping his cool by smiling sweetly at him.


"Ah, Nurse Oh. Nothing, I'm alright." He flashed his signature smile and dismissed him after taking the record he asked from the young giver earlier, though he heard a mumble of 'ugh, lovesick people' from him when he walked out the room. Baekhyun chuckled. Poor the younger, he's just have been dumped by his girlfriend two days ago.


He's staring at his wedding invitation card again—the one he's going to give to the director, since the director's a good friend of his father— trying to suppress his happiness from exploding.


-----


The moment he slided his hand to hold Kyungsoo's, he felt a jolt of electric coursing through his vein and bone. He shivered at the sensation. The feeling was too surreal to him. Kyungsoo soon gonna be his other half, holder of his heart, his life. Forever.
Kyungsoo grip tighten on his clammy hand the moment Reverend Jung announced they were husbands and Baekhyun couldn't contain his happiness as he dove in to catch Kyungsoo plump lips in a searing kiss. He could make out the gasps and wolf whistle from the guests but he paid no heed since Kyungsoo was all that's matter to him right then and forever. 

 

 

 

a/n: gonna edit it later, but yeah. Enjoy ^^