Day Off (edited)

Lieutenant Do

"Well, rather than going out, I prefer for us to spend some time together alone in this house before you and I got busy again by our commitment. You know, the lovey-dovey time?" Baekhyun sheepishly rubs his nape as he stand awkwardly near the kitchen entrance, looking flustered. He'd promised to take Kyungsoo out today for a date but he also said they would stay at home instead.

Kyungsoo chuckles and nods his head in understanding before letting out a small startled sound as Baekhyun tugs him away from the space they occupied now to their bedroom, which Baekhyun had set it into a cozy place for cuddling session. Seriously, though Baekhyun is an uptight person, he's also known as a cuddly monster and none of his past roommates ever get away from that monster. 

Baekhyun is already readied in his white baggy sweatshirt and black sweatpant while Kyungsoo is only clad in his blue loose tshirt and a black jogger pant. So Kyungsoo excused himself first to change beforehand and Baekhyun just trails after Kyungsoo with his eyes. Then something catches his interest when he see the closet that Kyungsoo opened. It's Kyungsoo's but the monocoloured garments Kyungsoo owned is seriously amusing. So Baekhyun gets up from the bed and walks towards Kyungsoo, looming at Kyungsoo's back. 

"So, this is your entire wardrobe?" Baekhyun voice startled Kyungsoo and he almost get a bruised rib. 

"Wh- Don't surprised me like that," Kyungsoo flushed and softly hitting Baekhyun hip and that gains him a soft laughter from Baekhyun.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm really curious. I never open your closet so I don't know what's in there. But you sure love black so much, from what I see," Baekhyun backed a little before moving next to Kyungsoo, slinging an arm over his shoulder. 

"Is it bad? I don't know much about fashion or anything. I just wear anything comfortable and easy to match," Kyungsoo peers curiously at Baekhyun, giving him the big questioning eyes. 

And Baekhyun is quite entrance by Kyungsoo cute appearance and really want to keep looking at it before Kyungsoo wakes him from the reverie.

"Ah, what? Uhm, no. It's nothing wrong but isn't it's fun to wear something other than black?" Baekhyun raises his eyebrow in suggestive way.

"But I... don't know how" Kyungsoo gives a bashful smile.

"Then let me show you how," Baekhyun pulls him to his closet, and Kyungsoo mouth gapes a bit with the amount of garment Baekhyun had, plus with the explosive of different colours and design of the clothes.

Baekhyun picks a loose long-sleeved yellow shirt with black stripes and hold it out in front of Kyungsoo. 

"Here, wear this. I bought this last year but it doesn't fit me so I guess it would be a little bit bigger for you," Baekhyun says as he proceed to Kyungsoo closet to look for a casual pant Kyungsoo possesed. Well he found another black jogger but he think that would do before giving it to Kyungsoo which had him stares at Baekhyun as if he grows another head.

"What...am I suppose to do with this?" Kyungsoo looks at him in curiousity, totally dumbfounded by Baekhyun action.

"Wear it. We are going out for window shopping," Baekhyun grins, knowing that he sound so ridiculously like a teenage girl. 

Kyungsoo silently complies and changed out his current wear while Baekhyun change into a thin dark-green knitted sweater, rolling the sleeve up to the elbow before slipping a casual watch.

 

They both walks to the bustling road of Hongdae since it should be not less than 20 minutes walk from their house and Baekhyun just want to enjoy holding Kyungsoo hand for the entire journey ("Baekhyun, my hand is geting sweaty. Don't you want to let go of it?" Kyungsoo softly pulling away from Baekhyun but only get a firmer grip on his hand).

Kyungsoo can't help but to stare at the long strip of shops and even bunches of people gathering around the busking group. Now he understand why his fellow comrade who only served for the mandatory service talks so much about how fun Hongdae is (Kyungsoo never went to university in the city or even enrolled into one. As soon as he finished high school, he applied for the service).

Seeing Kyungsoo expression, Baekhyun smiles at him, stopping in the middle and that makes Kyungsoo stumbles back a little.

"Wh- Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo looks a litlle bit offended.

Baekhyun stifles a laugh and keep walking, ignoring the look on Kyungsoo face.

 

Baekhyun drags Kyungsoo into a clothing shop who sells bunchs of T-shirts for few thousands won.

"Whoa, this is seriously cheap. Let's choose something," Baekhyun pulls Kyungsoo to a section where there's a rack full of colourful shirts and Baekhyun picks up some of the shirt; which had Kyungsoo cringes with the colour of it.

"Baekhyun, I don't think we both suit that," Kyungsoo tugs his hand away but Baekhyun didn't stop anyway.

Kyungsoo sighs. He don't particularly like this type of thing but anything for Baekhyun.

After looking around the entire shop, Baekhyun finally walks out the shop without buying anything.

"Why didn't you buy something?" Kyungsoo asks him, hand still taut in Baekhyun hold.

"Well, that's the fun thing of going window shopping. I used to do this a lot with my roommate back in my student days. When things got somehow hard and stressful, we all got together and walked around this street," Baekhyun stares at the street with a fond face, as if reminiscing the old memories. 

Kyungsoo hums, looking at the same direction as Baekhyun. They both continue walking in silence, hand still entwined together. Baekhyun looks at their entwined hand, thinking about how he don't know Kyungsoo that much yet.  

"So, I don't know you actually like this kind of thing," it's Kyungsoo who breaks the silence and that kinda startled Baekhyun as his body jerks in respond.

Kyungsoo chuckles while Baekhyun tries to keep his cool. He clears his throat.

"Well, it's kinda relaxing, doing all of this. Besides, I got to spend my time with my beloved one," Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo with a soft smile and that make Kyungsoo inside flutters.

"Should I take you to my favourite place? My old classmate brother owns it,"

 

The bell jingles when Baekhyun opens the door with Kyungsoo trailing after him, and he is greeted by a young man clad in white buttoned up and black vest.

"Baekhyun! It has been so long," that man trudges towards their direction.

"Hey hyung," Baekhyun pulls that man into a side hug.

"Heard you got married. Sorry I can't go," that man pouts and he looks ridiculously cute.

"It's okay, I don't mind. But this is my spouse, Kyungsoo," Baekhyun pats Kyungsoo shoulder and Kyungsoo dips his head slightly.

"Ah Kyungsoo. I think Jongin had mentioned it once. By the way, I'm Minseok, Kim Minseok," Minseok holds out his hand and Kyungsoo gently catches it in a handshake.

"It's nice to meet you, Minseok-ssi. Thanks for taking care of Baekhyun," Kyungsoo deep voice kinda surprised Minseok but he just laughs it off.

"Nah, it should be thanks for keeping up with Baekhyun. But anyway, don't be too formal with me. Hyung will do," Minseok softly pats his back.

"Well, I gotta go. Just order away, today it'll be on the house, I have some work to do left. Enjoy your stay then," Minseok excused himself.

"Well, let's get something then. Do you like coffee?"

 

They stay at the shop for a good 45 minutes before Baekhyun eagerly pulls Kyungsoo out, waving goodbye at Minseok and promised him to visit if he had time. They continue to walk while Baekhyun starts talking about a lot of thing, ranging from his old single live to his workmate. 

"... like Nurse Oh is so grumpy but he's a sweet boy you know. Sometimes he remind me to eat or even buy me something to eat when I forgot to, but he always do that when he feel like it. And you know, I feel like introducing Jongin to him but- Kyungsoo? Are you bored?" Baekhyun stops talking when he feels Kyungsoo isn't responding to him.

"Ah, no. Just keep talking. I like listening to your voice," Kyungsoo said in a soft voice, face crinkling as he smile.

Baekhyun can't help but to splutter unattractively because seriously, how can this man--who fight the danger, having go through the fierce training-- wear this kind of face. Kyungsoo body shakes as he laugh silently at Baekhyun reaction and Baekhyun face heats up.

"Well, there's nothing special about it though," Baekhyun rubs his nape and walks a little bit fast, leaving Kyungsoo a few paces back.

And that erupt a loud laugh from Kyungsoo, the ed laugh that always make his heart flutters.

 

It's already five in the evening when they walk home, grabbing some ice cream and carp bread to share together while walking hand in hand. It's kinda wonderful if the upcoming days are going to be like that everyday. 

 

 

 

 

A/n: okay first, Im gonna apologize for wutever i wrote for this chapter. The original idea was actually potraying a sweet day off, spending time together but I got engrossed in this one  manga and it talks a bout fashion and stuff so this chapter got a lot inspiration from it. But anyways, im really sorry for not updating this story that frequent and again, sorry but for a chapter. do comment ur opinion or idea, it'll be really helpful for my growth as a writer ^^