One (edited)

Lieutenant Do

 "How do you expect me, a soldier, to not get injured in every mission I was sent to?" Kyungsoo burst in annoyance. 


"Well, they should've knew. You are pregnant. How can they sent a pregnant officer to the battlefield. That's just unreasonable," Baekhyun retorts, equally annoyed as Kyungsoo. 


"How should they knew, if me myself doesn't know that," the last sentence is muttered in a whisper. 


Baekhyun stops his motion, eyes darts to the guilty face behind him. Kyungsoo tries not to look the piercing gaze on him but still ended up looking at him. Baekhyun eyes is fiery, face blotched with red.

Kyungsoo is dead now.

Baekhyun takes a really deep breath and slowly let it out. The house is eerily silent and that sends chill to his bone. 


"So, you say, even you, yourself doesn't even know that you're pregnant," it doesn't sound like question at all. 


Kyungsoo slowly nod, too afraid to do something that might invokes his anger more. 


"Very well, my husband," he says calmly, walking out the front door and it's closed with a soft click. 


Kyungsoo knee buckles and he leans against wall, holding himself. He let out a sigh. He ed up big time.


Kyungsoo went home this evening feeling so weary since the higher ups decided to suspend his service and took his special ID and his dog chain. He acted carelessly, letting his comrades injured and not acting according to the command. 


"...and most of all, you are pregnant. You've broke the regulation. No pregnant soldier would be sent out, be it woman or man. Did you knew this?." The commandant look is stern on him. 


"Yes, sir." Kyungsoo doesn't even dare to raise his face right now. 


"Very well, Lieutenant. You may be dismissed," 


He walked out the room, eyes nailed to the floor, feeling his soul left his body. Even when his subordinates and the lower ranking soldiers greeted him, he didn't respond to it. 


He packed his thing, only a few t shirts and a padded jacket for casual use, stuffed it into a duffel bag. His roommate, Captain Kim looks at him with a regretful eyes. 


"Hey, I'm sorry for your child," he softly taps his shoulder. 


Kyungsoo gave  him a smile and walked out. 

A few weeks ago, he's sent to a mission retrieving one of the fallen comrade body from enemy territory. Since he's in a special force, so with only a group of four, they ambushed the place, taking whatever theirs and leave. But the enemy was in a very high alert, so they were busted out and one his comrade, Colonel Kim younger brother was shot on the left shoulder and right thigh. So Kyungsoo acted on impulse and shot the culprit but that triggered their alarm. They were cornered.

Kyungsoo knocked down a few of them, but they were still out numbered. One of them lured him out of his group and Kyungsoo realized it a minute too late that it's a trap. So, when he came back to his group, almost all of them were badly injured or unconscious. He was stabbed in the shoulder but he grabbed the enemy, throwing him down. The enemy gained his footing and took the slim dagger from his shoe and stabbed his abdomen, just beside the navel. A surge of unknown energy came into him as he slitted the throat of his enemy, dropping to his knee as the wound from his shoulder and stomach begun to throb real bad. When the backup arrived, his mind was afloat but he's was conscious. 


"Kyungsoo, do you hear me? You're bleeding so much, so try to stay with me as long as you can," he knew that voice, it's Jongdae from medic unit.  


He weakly raised his thumb but there's unexplainable pain between his leg. He groaned, hissing when Jongdae yelled in panic. 


"Oh my god. Medic hurry. We need a stretcher. Patient suffers a lot of blood loss." 


After that, his consciousness completely wiped out and he out. 


He woke up to the smell of antiseptic and steriled floor. He looked around, scanning for human presence or at least sign of human and when he found none, an awkwards feeling of relief washed over him. He tried to move his body but he felt a throbbing pain in his shoulder and stomach. And there's dull pain in his area. He sat up but Jongdae came just in time to stop him. 


"You shouldn't move so much. You've lost a large amount of blood." 


"How long have I been here?," his voice cracked.


"36 hours, a record lieutenant. Last time you were knocked out for 48 hours," he grinned. "But that was hell of a thinking, do you know how dangerous for your life? Men pregnancy is so complicated and one miscarriage could've bring death to them. You are lucky to survive," he mumbled, scribbling something on his chart. 


"What, I'm pregnant? I mean, I was pregnant?" Kyungsoo eyes widen, mouth slightly ajar.
Jongdae nodded, eyes bright. 


"Oh , I screwed up," Kyungsoo rubbed his face and ran his hand through his hair. 


And here he is, inside his house which suddenly feels so suffocating for him. Baekhyun stormed out calmly from the house and Kyungsoo never feels so helpless like this. They never fight because Baekhyun hates it. He would always be the one who avoid it and steers them to both safer option. But now, no soothing words from him, no sorry and Kyungsoo can't do anything about it since it's his fault. He's so ed up. 

He was discharged a few hours before he broke the news to Baekhyun. Though not in a effective way. 
"So, what brings you home? I thought you are in the middle of a mission," 


Kyungsoo winced.  He knew Baekhyun didn't mean it to come out as sarcasm but the echo of his voice didn't sound welcoming to him. Though he was hesitant to tell him, but he assumed Baekhyun probably already knew.


"Well... Baekhyun. I'm injured, badly. Stabbed twice, on my shoulder and stomach. I am aborted from my mission and suspended from the service for two years." He quietly finished his words, waiting for Baekhyun respond.


"There is something more, I presume." Baekhyun peered from his seat. 


"I'm pregnant, was ,was pregnant." Kyungsoo was almost trembling by now, too scared of Baekhyun sudden unresponsive. 


Baekhyun exhales. 


"So you lost it. The baby," 


Kyungsoo gulp down his nervousness, hoping Baekhyun wouldn't be too angry. After all, he already forbade Kyungsoo to do anything reckless.
The silence was so deafening. Kyungsoo never felt this kind of feeling before. Not even on the numbers of mission he ever done. Terrific.


"Goddamit Baekhyun. Say something." He's frustrated. He want to have that assuring words from him but Baekhyun chose to stay silent and it done nothing to soothe his anxiety. 


"I've nothing to say. I warned you, so many time. But you are so stubborn," Baekhyun finally opened his mouth and he continued, " How far along are you?"

Kyungsoo lower lip trembled, he it and winced when he could taste tang of blood with it. His dried lips must had tore the wound from it was hit before. 

"Three weeks. But Baekhyun, how am I suppose to know. I'm a male, it's hard to know," he tried to defend himself though somehow he knew it's a futile attempt. 


"But you are a carrier, you should've at least be aware of it. But here you are, suspended. What were you thinking? Going out on a mission when you are in that kind of condition?" Baekhyun still held his anger in, not blowing out yet. 


"I don't know. I was deployed and just carrying out the order. I don't expect to get injured or even had a miscarriage along the way. I just-," he was lost for word. 


Baekhyun stayed silent and that triggered Kyungsoo off. 

 

And that situation bring him here. He slides down the wall, physically and emotionally exhausted. He leans his head against the clean wall, knocking it with his skull with a slow thud. His mind is totally blank. The cold wood tile beneath him feels so comforting despite the aching in his shoulder and stomach. He sits there and hours passed, he don't know, don't care. All he want right now is Baekhyun. 


It's 10 o'clock when Baekhyun soft cursing echoes inside the space. 


"Holy , you scared me. What are you doing there Kyungsoo. Get up," Baekhyun lifts Kyungsoo up but he just slumps against Baekhyun, both arms move to circle his it around Baekhyun shoulder.


Baekhyun bring him to the couch, sitting beside him as he fetch him a glass of warm water. After taking a gulp from the glass, he slowly put down the glass, fiddling with his finger. The jacket on him feels suffocating but he is too occupied to care. 

Baekhyun tugs at the hem of Kyungsoo jacket and Kyungsoo let him discards his jacket off. 


"Kyungsoo? Are you alright? I'm sorry-," 


"I'm sorry I killed your child. I don't know and it's unforgivable. I just- I," he takes a deep breath. 


"Kyungsoo, it's fine. It's my apology. I shouldn't be so harsh on you. I shouldn't have said that after all. It just- I was too upset that you hurt yourself."

Baekhyun wounds his arm around Kyungsoo, rubbing soothing circle on Kyungsoo shoulder. 
Kyungsoo let himself falls inside  Baekhyun arm, face tucked in Baekhyun neck, trying to seek the comforting warmth from the latter. 


"I'm sorry Kyungsoo. I don't like to see you getting injured. You don't know how much it breaks my heart. Seeing you come home, with such bruises and scratches. When you steps inside earlier, I'm upset to see you come home like that." He kisses Kyungsoo head, holding him tightly. "I just wonder, if one day you just don't come home anymore. It terrifies me. I told you not to act recklessly. One move, and you might be dead. I may not work in the same line as yours, but I work where people dies everyday and with various of reasons, illness, accident, murdered. I just don't want that happened to you." Baekhyun kisses his head again and moves to kneel down between Kyungsoo thigh. 


"Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo eyes him, back hunching to hold Baekhyun body as his waist is bracketed by Baekhyun arm around it. He nuzzles his face on his stomach, carefully avoiding the stitch by the smell of the antiseptic. "As for the child, I don't really mind though it's such a pity. You are a healthy carrier, so having another might not be a problem. I just don't want you to act like this anymore. That's why I am really against you staying with that unit. I don't know what to do if I really lost you. I love you so much, more than you could ever imagine." He continues to nuzzle his face into Kyungsoo stomach. Planting soft kisses on the plank of Kyungsoo well build stomach. 


Kyungsoo chuckles, feeling ticklish from Baekhyun ministration. He Baekhyun hair softly, giving him a very soft, fond look.


"I'm sorry I tried to hurt both of us, but we already talked about this Baekhyun. I like my job, I really love to be with the military." He runs his hand through Baekhyun soft lock, caressing Baekhyun flawless nape along. He feels so worn out, since the stitches are aching again. 


"Baek, it hurts." Kyungsoo pushes his head away from his stomach and hisses when it straines his shoulder stitches. 


"Oh, sorry." Baekhyun looks sheepish and moves to sit beside him, one arm reaches his waist to pull him close. They both basked in each other presence, whispering sweet nothing. 

 

 

a/n:unbetaed (i edited the chapter^^)
First chap is up, might not update regularly but I'll try to update^^ 
I occasionally edited my work since I wasn't in the right mind when i posted this chapter lol.  ^^'