Chapter 6

Love Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeol felt a pair of arms draping around his neck and he smiled as he held onto the strong yet feminine arms. He felt a kiss on his cheeks, and shortly, she was in front of him.

 

"How have you been?" He asked, both of them wearing big smiles on their faces.

 

"As good as I can be! How are you doing, Sungyeol?" AiLee asked.

 

Sungyeol faked a smile, "Great, noona! I haven't seen you for so long! I miss you! And mum, and dad." 

 

"Ey~ we miss you too, lil bro! But you are a married man now, how can you say things like this!" AiLee laughed.

 

Sungyeol pouted.

 

AiLee laughed more at her brother, finally asking, "What is the important thing you wanted to talk about? You sounded pretty serious over the phone!"

 

"Yes...ah..." Sungyeol said, staring at his hands for a while. "You work at KM Empire, right?"

 

AiLee's smile faltered, "Yes... but with the circumstances now-"

 

"Don't worry," Sungyeol said, cutting his sister midsentence. "I just want you to... I just want you to take care of Myungsoo... On my behalf."

 

AiLee stared at Sungyeol for awhile, finally forming an understanding smile on her lips, "I am sorry for your friend, Sungyeol."

 

Sungyeol nodded, appreciative of her words.

 

"Kim Myung Soo is returning to KM. Not as an unworthy heir,  but as KM Empire's rightful President. Please take care of him."

 

 

★~¤~¤~★

 

 

"How much longer are you going to take, Hoya?" RiAn queried, literally dragging her tired feet behind her friend. 

 

"When you stop pestering me about it," Hoya retorted.

 

"Why am I even here? I should just leave. It's not my anniversary anyway," RiAn said, still following Hoya with bags on both hands. Hoya was out for shopping, and the guy had been going around the same shops again and again looking for something to buy for his wife. She was tired, but he kept saying he has more things to buy.

 

"RiAn, you-" Hoya was going to say something, but instead pulled her by the arm all of a sudden and hid behind a wall. She bumped against his chest, as he still kept holding onto her arm. She was going to shout and break herself free, but stopped when she followed her best friend's gaze.

 

TaeMi and Sunggyu were merrily chatting with each other, walking around the shopping mall. They were always close, she knew that. But Hoya seemed to not like it. Hoya was staring at them with a slight frown on his face, seemingly not enjoying the scene before him. Usually he would be a little more cautious of his facial expressions, but there was nothing he wanted to hide in front of RiAn. 

 

"Howon?" She cautiously called out, staring at Hoya's closeup.

 

He didn't reply, only kept staring at his wife and friend now laughing at something.

 

At normal situations, one could easily deduct that Hoya was jealous seeing some other man beside his wife. But RiAn knew better and saw Hoya's thoughts clearly. It was not jealousy that formed the frown on his face, it was as if he detested looking at TaeMi with anyone but him. 

 

 

★~¤~¤~★

 

 

TaeMi held out a shirt in front of Sunggyu, checking the size. She smiled to herself, and then at her brother-in-law. 

 

"Do you think Howon will like it?" She asked, resting a finger on her chin.

 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes for the nth time that day, putting on a smile that illustrated his frustration, "Yes, TaeMi. He will like anything you buy for him. It's your first wedding anniversary after all."

 

"Oppa!" TaeMi pouted, not liking his sarcastic tone of voice.

 

"I should've known that the only time you ask me to hang out will be when you want to do something for Howon!" Sunggyu said, exaggerating.

 

"That's not true!" TaeMi defended herself. "I'll buy you a gift too!"

 

"No thanks!" Sunggyu said, putting his hands up. "I assume you are not going to take this shirt like many of the others?"

 

"You're right," TaeMi grinned. "He doesn't wear these shirts. Let's go check out the shoe store!"

 

"I think he doesn't wear shoes as well..." Sunggyu murmured, getting dragged by his sister-in-law.

 

"Oppa, I heard that!"

 

 

★~¤~¤~★

 

 

Women straightened their hair, fixed their make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter