Chapter 5

Love Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo stared at the car for a good minute, contemplating on whether to get on or not. He did not miss his father during the old man's stay at the hospital at all, and wasn't looking forward to a car ride with him.

 

His father had been discharged from the hospital, and was currently sitting inside his car, waiting for Myungsoo to join him to a ride to the office. The driver kept holding the door to the backseat open for the uninterested young master.

 

Reluctantly, Myungsoo entered the car. He maintained his cool expression, not paying attention to his father. The driver closed the door and went to the driver's seat and started the car.

 

"Good morning, Myungsoo. Today I will officially introduce you to all the shareholders and important figures in the company. Please cooperate, and I hope you play your part actively in the near future," His dad said, sounding concerned for once. He was concerned for Myungsoo's wellbeing, his son had to start somewhere to get somewhere in life. He was, after all, his only son and heir to KM Empire. 

 

Myungsoo didn't bother replying, and only moved his gaze from the window side when his phone rang right as the car had pulled out into the main roads. The driver abruptly stopped the car at his order, and Myungsoo got out of the car without excusing himself. He walked to a distance and picked up the incoming call.

 

"Hello, hyung--"

 

A loud crashing noise shook the vicinity, attacking everyone's peace.

 

And Myungsoo dropped the phone from his hand. A truck had just come in full speed and crashed with his father's car. People were instantly alerted, calling the ambulance, notifying the police, forcing the truck driver down the truck. He was continuously apologising, but his apology couldn't pay for the damage that had been done. Myungsoo motionlessly stared at the bloody figure of his father, his eyes widened. In less than a minute, he had accepted that life was just not going to be nice to him anymore. His father was dead.

 

 

★~¤~¤~★

 

 

Sunggyu bumped onto Hoya at the entrance of the Kim mansion. Both of them were panting and were soaked in the rain. Reporters were buzzing and camera flashes were blocking their audibility and vision, but the two men had no time to pay attention to the questions being asked or the photos being taken.

 

"Where's Myungsoo?!" Sunggyu asked in panic.

 

"I don't know. Maybe inside," Hoya answered, his voice as composed as ever.

 

The young men ran inside for their friend, unconcerned of the rain hitting them. At that moment they needed to reach their friend who had lost yet another family member.

 

They looked at each other when they noticed police had sealed a portion in front of the house and were investigating, and Myungsoo was right there with the rest of their friends. 

 

The boy looked miserable, and almost limp if not for Sungyeol's support. He was staring at the crime scene, which was now free of the dead bodies. It was as if he was stuck in time somewhere, as if he was hallucinating on his own. He looked like he longed to say something, but at the same time looked like he had shut himself away from the world. He portrayed a lot of emotions through that one look in his eyes, and not even his best friend's support made him feel comfortable. 

 

"Myungsoo..." Sunggyu called out to his younger friend. The boy did not notice the elder calling out to him and Sunggyu did not expect him to. After all, the boy had been like this after he had lost his mother, only much worse. But back then, his eyes were grieving, unlike the hollow, unreadable expression in his eyes today.

 

"What should we do now? He has nothing left anymore," Dongwoo said, who had approached the two latecomers along with the others. He was being serious for once, and it emphasised the overall grimness of the situation. 

 

"What are you talking about, hyung? He has us to rely on, he has KM to take care of. He needs to live," Hoya said, sounding slightly irritated because Dongwoo was usually always positive.

 

"You are saying this because you don't know how it feels to let a dear one go, Howon. It's not as easy," Sunggyu replied grimly.

 

"But he does know that it's not the end of the world," Woohyun argued

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter