Chapter 1

Love Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was only one suitable word to describe the wedding- grand. The hall was decorated in sparkly pearls and blooming red roses. A gigantic fountain in the middle of the room seized almost anyone's attention. The buffet looked so luscious it could bring hunger to even the velvet carpets or the mahogany furniture. The guests gave off a vibe of elegance and superiority. The ladies spoke gorgeousness, men showed off manliness.

Nam Woohyun smiled to himself in amusement. Despite the grand arrangement, the party looked dull to him. The fake smiles plastered on most of the faces were so disturbing and the feeling of uneasiness and competition in the air was so thick, he wished he could leave the place right away. But he was not going to do that, it was his best friend's wedding after all.

Lost and bored, he spotted a beautiful young lady at a corner, secluded from the crowd. She was eating, elegance at her fingertips. She was not smiling, she was not covered in unnatural makeup, she was not trying to be impressive. She was just being the only normal guest at the wedding, enjoying her dinner in silence. He walked closer to her table for a better look, and playfulness immediately took over him. He was not crazy, he was not going to miss a chance to hit on THE Kim Min Young.

"Hey, gorgeous. Mind my accompaniment for a while?" He asked in his most flirtatious tone while standing in his best pose.

She looked up at him, stopped eating and gave him a neutral look. Elegance never left her slender fingers as she poured an entire bottle of red wine on him, making him chuckle in amusement. She wiped and left the area, authority trailing behind her.

Woohyun's eyes were still trailing her figure amidst the crowd when his eyes found the bride of the night. Clothed in a richly designed wedding gown and a charming smile on her glossy lips that reached her smoky eyes, she had transformed into what she really was- daughter to Korea's largest business empire.

While in his trance, he had failed to notice a worked up maiden who was continuously apologising to him.

"What is it?" He asked, confused.

"I am so sorry for young mistress Kim's behaviour, Sir!"

"That's alright!"

"Please allow me to get you a change of clothes, Sir!"

"Of course." Woohyun smiled at the maiden as his eyes once again caught the bride of the night up on stage beside the lady who just emptied a bottle of wine on him.

Typical Kim sisters. He thought.

★~¤~¤~★

Lee Taemi looked around listlessly for her husband amidst the thousands of guests gathered at the hall for her cousin sister's wedding. It wasn't hard to trace him though, he was undoubtedly the most attractive person around.

As she swerved around to continue her search, Taemi met the broad chest of a man abruptly. She was not expecting the meeting, and therefore stood frozen in her position. Before she could react, a hand pulled her back and straightened her posture with one poke at the back.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Kim. I am afraid my cousin was not looking!" Soohyun's singsong apologetic voice came from behind. Taemi took the cue and bowed deeply to the man in front, apologising.

"That's okay, Mrs. Lee," The man replied with a curt smile. He was a handsome man in his early fifties, with a tall figure and surely attractive features for a man of that age. The man then gestured towards the young man standing beside him. "Meet the only heir to KM Empire and my son, Kim MyungSoo. MyungSoo, these are Mrs. Kim Soohyun and Mrs. Lee Taemi. Both are well-known in their field of expertise, which happen to be- please correct me if I am wrong- medical and engineering."

Soohyun delightedly extended her hand toward the young man beside Mr. Kim, making light conversation. Taemi, certainly impressed due to her liking for good-looking men, followed.

After the father and son pair had excused themselves from the scene, Soohyun looked at Taemi w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter