Chapter 3

Love Stricken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sungjong splashed some water on his face and shoved a lemon candy in his mouth.

 

"You can do this, Lee Sungjong! You are good-looking, manly, confident! You can do this! Fighting!" He cheered on himself, threw the lemon candy away and elegantly fixed his blazer after drying his face. He smiled at his reflection in the mirror and walked to the cafeteria while continuously cheering on himself. 

 

Sungjong collected his food tray and turned around to look for her. As soon as he spotted MinYoung sitting at a secluded corner of the cafeteria, eating silently, his newfound confidence got washed away. He started panicking, his brain started protesting, but his heart forced his body to move towards the table.

 

As soon as he reached her table, the girl looked up at him with a bewildered expression. They kept staring at each other for seconds, before Sungjong put on a smile and greeted, "Hi, MinYoung! Can I sit here?"

 

MinYoung replied with a curt nod and continued eating. He stood there for several minutes, unable to digest that he had recieved her permission to have lunch with her. With a mental victory dance, he sat down in front of her.

 

"So, why do you always sit alone during lunchtimes, MinYoung?" Sungjong asked. 

 

She did not look up at him, nor did she stop eating. As she showed no signs of hearing him whatsoever, he lost hope. He should have known she does not talk to strangers without any severe necessity. 

 

By this time, the pair had gained attention of the entire cafeteria. MinYoung was popular, but she was still never approached by anyone. She was known for being an introvert, and men had long ago given up on trying to ask her out. But here was Sungjong today, sitting on the same table with the university heartthrob. 

 

"I guess I like it this way, Sungjong-sshi," She answered, as the entire cafeteria gasped in surprise. At that, MinYoung looked up and glanced around once before resuming eating.

 

Ignoring the entire cafeteria and his own heart who was shouting like crazy, Sungjong smiled at her, "Don't mind them. I think we can be great friends."

 

 

★~¤~¤~★

 

 

"There's this comatose patient in level fou-"

 

"Americano." Sungyeol said, not looking up from signing files and cutting the sudden invader in his cabin mid-sentence.

 

"It's late, Yeol. Why would you want coffee now?"

 

"I need caffeine everyday. I haven't had it today."

 

"Oh my, Sungyeol! Did RiAn not even make you a cup of coffee?" Soohyun asked, making herself comfortable on the seat in front of Sungyeol.

 

"About that... she did, which I very much appreciate judging from her character. But, well, it did not taste very nice..." Sungyeol carefully placed his words, now looking at the lady in front of him, not wanting to hurt Soohyun's feelings.

 

Soohyun, however, brushed the matter about her cousin's cooking skills off and asked suspiciously, "What does 'judging from her character' mean, Yeol?"

 

"Okay..." Sungyeol took a deep breath and neared his friend, "Don't you think your sister is kind of... weird? I'm sorry, I mean she is just... not what I thought she would be like. Does she always lie on broadcasts and interviews?"

 

"Oh... that." Soohyun sighed and playfully glared at Sungyeol. "Look who's talking! You are the biggest liar I've ever met!"

 

"Yah, yah, yah!" Sungyeol raised his voice. "Don't scold me! You should ask me how I am doing or how my wedding night was!"

 

Sungyeol expected a sarcastic reply, a hit on the head even. But in the stead of any of her usual reactions, Soohyun went quiet. She quietly stared at him, as the usual blank look in her eyes came back, the look she only let go while she was with him. She was not smiling anymore, worrying about him or retorting playfully to his words, she was just being the Soohyun she becomes in front of one certain person only. 

 

"Yah...Soohyun..." He called out, only to receive no response from the lady facing him.

 

"Soohyunnie? Yah, Kim Soohyun!" Soohyun was still not responding to him, eyes blank and fixated on his.

 

"Mrs. Kim?"

 

"Don't call me that." Soohyun said, speaking again.

 

"Then why are you not responding? What happened to you suddenly?"

 

"Nothing. It's just that I don't have any kind of interest, more like, I don't want to interfere in your personal life. But that's beside the point. I wish you and RiAn a very happy married life," She gave him an encouraging smile and stood up to leave.

 

"Soohyun?"

 

"Yes?" Soohyun replied when Sungyeol called her name.

 

"Er... the comatose patient you were talking about? "

 

"Oh? Let him be. He should be allowed to enjoy the tranquility of his break from life."

 

As Soohyun left his cabin, confusing thoughts emerged into Sungyeol's mind. Before she was his wife's cousin sister, friend's wife or colleague at work, Soohyun was Sungyeol's friend. So then why did he still not know the reason behind Soohyun acting cold towards him at times?

 

 

★~¤~¤~★

 

 

"Just look at your S-line! It's like you've trimmed it to the perfect shape!"

 

RiAn stopped fiddling with her camera lens, and let out a furious sigh. Woohyun was currently at her waist level, checking out her S-line. The man in question only happened to be her model for the day, and she was genuinely unhappy about the fact.

 

"Woohyun, get lost," She whispered in her deadliest tone of voice.

 

"Why?" Woohyun asked, attempting a successful innocent smile. RiAn kept quiet for the sake of her reputation, there were still staff around in the studio. Not only was she a photographer at Woollim Entertainment, she was after all a heiress to the business. She silently glared at Woohyun, and Woohyun was a true fighter because he survived it.

 

Woohyun liked pestering RiAn, and RiAn hated Woohyun. 

 

Despite their apparent dislike for each other, no one could pose any better for RiAn's camera other than Nam Woohyun. And no photographer could get Woohyun's photos any better than Kim RiAn. As life played it, she was almost like the model's personal photographer. But if they could use each other to be titled as the best model and photographer out there, why not?

 

"I sometimes think... you should have been the model and me the photographer. You would make a y subject..." Woohyun said the last part in a seductive voice, and his lower lip. 

 

"I hate you, Woohyun. If you end up in hell, know that-" She paused. "No, you will end up in  hell for sure! And that would be because I request this to God everyday!" RiAn hissed.

 

"I don't think it would be that way!" Woohyun stood up and continued. "You and I are destined to be together for eternity. Since you are an angel, both of us will end up in heaven."

 

RiAn smiled her best fake smile, and looked at her model, "You wish, Woohyun! Remember I'm already married to someone way handsome and charming and successful than you are?"

 

"Remember I know Sungyeol for longer than you do? And he's not even close to what you described him as? Yeah, successful maybe." Woohyun laughed out loud. "But, lady! You slayed in that dress last night!"

 

"I know that. Now move!" RiAn said, not wishful of carrying this conversation any further. She'd rather leave for good.

 

"Yes, apple pie! But first-" Woohyun said and puckered his lips and moved very close to RiAn. "Gimme a goodnight kishh!"

 

Unaware of whoever was around, RiAn forcefully slapped Woohyun across the face. The young man h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter