Day 12

His angel

 

It was around four at dawn when Yonghwa was suddenly woken up. Cold sweats ran through his body; he had a nightmare. He couldn’t shut his eyes then. He leaned at the balcony watching the sun rise from behind the trees creating a lush thick and dark silhouette, almost reminding him of his dream.

All he remembered was a voice calling for him only he wasn’t able to recognise the voice. He strutted giddily into his room once again, shaking off the bad feeling that comes from the dream. “Forget about it Yonghwa ya...” he consoled himself.

He had his bags packed earlier last night; all he had to do left was not to leave any clues of the one person; Seo Joohyun. It’s as if I’m running away again...

He took off his shirt and giddily heads to the shower.

** ** ** ** ** **

She took a few glances of the room she once occupied, the very room where she had breakfast together with him, the room where she spent sleepless nights thinking about the moment when she finally leaves him and the room that holds her secret, that her memories within him will also be clouded. No one will be left with a single trace of her in their memories but she promised herself that she will never forget.

This is the day where it all ends she thought. Both Yonghwa and Seohyun are heading to the red-roofed house, where they had actually planned to live together until that day appears; the day Seohyun leaves. She has nothing to pack anyway. Jeremy has taken care of a few things for her. All that’s left for her to do now is to protect Yonghwa from the danger Jeremy had warned her about.

 She sat on the mahogany floor and suddenly recalled back the night where she watched Haewoo omonim’s sleeping face.

“Farewell omonim” she said as her sad eyes stared at the empty seat by the window, “I didn’t get to say my goodbye to you... I really wish that you know how fond I am of you and I wanted to thank you so much for giving me Yonghwa oppa... I will miss you omonim”

** ** ** ** ** **

“You want to go somewhere Hyun?” Yonghwa said. He was staring at Seohyun for some time and indeed Seohyun was down. Her pink lips formed a dry smiled, “I don’t feel like going anywhere”

Yonghwa then suddenly locked his arm around Seohyun’s, “Well Seo Joohyun-ssi... I want to go somewhere today and I want you to come along with me” he put on his usual gentle smirk and Seohyun loved whenever he does that. “Where are we going then Yong~?”

Yonghwa winked before turning to his watch, “Omo... we need to catch a train first... come on!” he dragged Seohyun by the arm as he dashed.

Seohyun didn’t question much as she usually does. It was because she was absorbing the moment; the moment they ran, hand in hand. I am not going to forget you... Jung Yonghwa...

** ** ** ** ** **

“Where are we heading?” Seohyun asked still eyeing her surroundings. They have been sitting in the train for quite some time and it hasn’t moved yet. “Oppa... I’m asking you...” Seohyun insisted.

Yonghwa smirked, “Well... somewhere...”



 

 

Yonghwa’s P.O.V------

I decided earlier this week to introduce Seohyun to Miyoung omma, my omma. The woman that caught up in the middle of the unforeseen mess my father has created. I think it is the perfect time for them to meet although I wish that Miyoung omma is still alive.

Seohyun’s eyes flicked as they stare at me, “What is it Joohyuy?” I link my hands around her arm hiding them from the coldness of the train and to get even closer to her, I decided to crack up a joke.  “Is there something on my handsome face?” I said. Seohyun scrunched her face. I’m guessing she really doesn’t like jokes with self flattery.

“Aish oppa...” she lightly tapped me on the shoulder, “Seriously now... where are we heading?”

I look at her, “We are going to meet my mother... Miyoung omma” I said. Seohyun smiled and gently caress my freezing hands. “You’re cold...” she said as she rubbed my hands between hers. She continued to look at me and she looks as if she was going to say something and indeed she was.

“You miss her don’t you oppa?” she finally said it. I nodded. She hold my hands tight and I look at her in the eyes, “I’m sorry... she died because of me” she said.

“Hey... don’t say that” I tried to say something comforting but nothing came up. “Ah!” I called out as I remembered something, “I have something for you...” I said as I rummaged through my backpack.

“Oppa... there’s no need to comfort me... I just wanted to sincerely apologise to you...” she tried to crack a smile but I know deep down she was hurting. I stopped searching for the item and sighed. “Hyun... all that happened in the past happens for a reason...”

“B-but if my father didn’t k—“

“It was an accident Hyun...” I cut her off her sentence. “Your father was just trying to get you to the hospital... you remember what Jeremy told us back then don’t you?” Though she seemed reluctant, she nodded to my statement.

“Hyun... If it wasn’t because of the accident Haewoo omma will continue to hate me and yes I may not end up being a cold hearted jerk if it weren’t to occur but above all... I’m glad it happened”

“Why is that exactly?” she asked me.

“If the accident didn’t occur then we wouldn’t have met now do we?” I said and that is the very truth. “Here...” I said as I finally took out the item, “I’ve always wanted to have these things...with someone special”

I actually bought two pairs of spectacles; a couple item I wished to have and now I have someone to share it with.

“Oppa... it’s nice! But... I don’t think I look good in them...” she almost pouted. I took the pink brimmed spectacle from her hands and puts it on her myself, “There... you look pretty Joohyuy...”

“Really?” she asked. I nodded.

She was looking at her reflection when I turned to her. I can’t help but not wanting her to go but what can I do? What can a mere mortal do so that his guardian angel stay by his side forever?

I took her hand in mine and she smiled to me. “Thank you Seo Joohyun for this amazing, amazing experience with you...” I said. She nodded before telling me the same thing, “...and thank you for convincing me to see the good side of the past...”

I smiled. "I'm sleepy Joohyuy ah~" I slid my arms around her arm once again before closing my eyes. "You're wlecome... miss angel" And before I realise it, she rested her head on my shoulder and right then we spent the next few hours; sleeping or simply closing our eyes before reaching our planned destination.