Day 11

His angel

 

Seohyun’s P.O.V-----

The eleventh morning... I touched my eyes; both puffy. I’ve been crying for the whole night.

Oh Lord... After all he’d been through and after all this time for Yonghwa oppa to finally open up his heart and even to be with his mother... he has to go. Sunbae told me and said that he might be punished by spilling this to me but doesn’t care anymore.  He told me that I need to protect Yonghwa oppa, no matter what.



 

 

----Last night’s flashback

He holds my hand and closed his eyes while his mouth busily chanting. I wasn’t sure what he was doing to me until he began to explain to me. “You do remember your task right Seo Joohyun? Well the reason why will be clearer in a while... after I’m done healing you”

My head was too heavy for me lift up, “B-but sunbae... I thought you can’t meddle in our matters...” He opened his eyes and turned to me; “I don’t think I care much on how the heavens are going to see me now” he smiled. It was then I felt different. I feel ‘alive’.

I slowly sat myself up when finally for the first time ever, I saw sunbae’s concerned face. “I heard the upper angels talked about your case and...” he stopped and pinched his forehead, followed by a heavy sigh he turned to me, “...the coming future is bad Seohyun... I’m not kidding. You still need to be together with Yonghwa if you do love him

“Something bad is coming his way, even worst, his whole family. You need to be with him until your dateline Seohyun... you have to” his voice sounded more concerned than the usual. “Sunbae... you knew that I do love him and of course I’m staying if he still needs me... but please sunbae tell me... the relation between my task to change his heart and this bad thing that is going to happen. You need to tell me this time sunbae...” I begged.

“I swear I didn’t know about all this at first Seohyun...” he turned to me. “Yonghwa... he...” he paused. I squeezed his hands, “Just tell me...”

He squeezed my hands in his, “Yonghwa...He is destined to die saving you...”

“Wh-what do you mean by that sunbae?” my heart clenched after hearing those words. “What do you mean? Am I the reason for his death?”

He shook his head, “I-I don’t know for sure but all I know is that Yonghwa was supposed to die... and therefore you came along... to change his stone heart” I held my head trying to grab everything sunbae was telling me. I shook my head, “B-but why do I need to change his heart if he’s destined to die anyway? T-this is not fair!”

 “Every human being needs to have a good heart for them to move on to the next life Seohyun... you read a lot don’t you?” Jeremy sunbae sighed. “Apparently his time is ending as well... but on the other hand...” his eyes widened seeming like an idea has struck him. “On the other hand what?” I asked.

“You can just leave him... and perhaps—God’s willing—you two can meet up there... you never know” he said.

Not in a million years I am going to do that to Yong! My heart screamed. I shook my head, “No. Haewoo omonim will be heartbroken! It hasn’t been long since they’re together as a family! No way am I going to let that happen!”

“...Even if you have to sacrifice your feelings for him, the feelings that you have never felt when you were really alive? That’s noble of Miss Seo Joohyun...” he smiled. “And I know you too well that you will not do that...that is why I ‘healed’ you...”

He lent me his ‘life force’. “Sunbae... you’ll be fine right?” I was worried. He nodded and patted my head, “Of course! I’m not like you! I’m a completely dead person girl!” his usual smile finally returned to him. “Now that I’ve healed you... you better think of something...”

“But what should I do? I don’t even know what’s going to happen” it was my turn to sigh. Again before he left me crying through the night he patted me on the head; sort of encouraging me to have faith, “Just be aware alright... that is all I can help on” He suddenly let out a long and heavy sigh, “I am soooooo going to get punished! Well, good luck Seo Joohyun! See ya soon!”

Right after he vanished, I turned to the night sky and I let the tears roll down my face.

------End of flashback



 

 

With slow steps Seohyun climbed down the stairs only to be greeted by the awkward ambience. “Why are they bowing at me?” she said to herself. It was unusual; the way the maids and the other workers act around her. It was as if they weren’t close to her at all. Could it be...? She thought suddenly.

She ran to the breakfast table only to see Yonghwa with a down face having his breakfast. “Yong~” she called out. “Oh! Hyun... you’re alright?” he was surprised. He was very worried for the past five days just looking at her lying weak on her bed. “Are you really alright now Hyun? You’re not going to pass out again are you?” he asked Seohyun over and over again.

“I’m fine Yong... but, where’s omonim?” Seohyun asked realising she wasn’t in her usual seat. “Omonim is out of town for a couple of days... Apparently she left last night. She wouldn’t want to wake you up so she left... she was worried you know” Yonghwa slide his hand on Seohyun’s hair. “I was too... and still am...” he smiled.

The maid that Seohyun was quite close with suddenly came in, “Miss... what do you wish to have for breakfast?” she called out. Seohyun found it odd. “Unnie... why are you so formal?” Seohyun was about to walk towards the maid until Yonghwa suddenly tugged her arm, “Jeremy ‘clouded’ them... I’m sorry...” Yonghwa whispered.

“Miss?” the maid looked at her blankly. We were close... unnie... Seohyun silently cried. “I-I’ll have whatever it is Yong oppa is h-having. Thank you...” Her voice was frail. The maid bowed. Seohyun watched her left, “She always brings me that goguma pudding for breakfast...” Seohyun cried.

Yonghwa didn’t know what to do. In the end moving out from the mansion was the right decision after all. “We’ll be going out to see the house later...”

“So we’re really moving?” she asked. Yonghwa nodded. “Jeremy... I asked him to ‘cloud’ omonim’s mind while she was away so by the time she comes home you and I have already move out so she can...” Yonghwa paused.

“So she can forget me?” Seohyun continued.

That morning was the hardest thing for Seohyun. Nobody knows her now.