Now that he knows...

His angel

 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

The villa sitting luxuriously in the hills with its occupants walking here and there with their task on their heads, the quiet hallways with only echoes of those busy feet repelling on and through the floors and walls and lastly the beeping sounds from the machine that has been running for a year; no, a year and a half; a young woman is wired to them.

Three nurses were paid to take care of her. If it wasn’t for the undying pleads they would’ve gave up on the girl. Her father is so persistent they thought but surely as a woman, they could understand whatever it is felt by the father.

One of them woke the tired father from his sleep. “Sir, you can break your neck sleeping like that...” she said with a dry smile. “You should eat something now sir. It’s three O’clock in the afternoon and I reckon you are supposed to be somewhere for a meeting in thirty minutes...” she pointed on her watch.

The tired father nodded. White hair became visible and his face has lost its smile. Daehyun rubbed his tired face and stood up. “Thank you...” he thanked.

He turned to his sleeping daughter, played with her long hair and kissed her pale cheeks. “Appa is going somewhere for a while... Don’t worry okay” he whispered in her ear before placing another kiss on her forehead.

As the sleeping maiden was left alone in her deep slumber, apparently, at that very moment, her heartbeat dropped a little.

------------------------------------------------------

** ** ** ** ** ** **

His hands loosened their grips and immediately sending the guitar to its fall on the hard floor. The thud echoed within the room. The floor seemed to shake under the feet of the two individuals within the room.

Yonghwa huffed with his gaze sat sharp on Jeremy. “You’re kidding right?”

The angel shook his head. “No” he replied short.

It was difficult for Yonghwa to accept another sudden blow. Seohyun is still a living and breathing human. The reason she is dying was because she has been using her own life force to heal. The more she use her healing ability the weaker she’ll be; both as human and angel.

Jeremy sat on the amplifier near the door. “It may seem a little to you but you have no idea how much life force she had used. She was- “, Jeremy corrected himself, “...is a weak human to begin with...”

“Why is she weak?” Yonghwa asked. His lips were trembling as Jeremy explained. He wasn’t sure himself whether it was out of excitement of knowing his Hyun is still a living person or him being afraid of losing Seohyun.

“Here’s some Ma!” Seohyun suddenly entered.

Forgetting the fact that the room is sound proof; both Yonghwa and Jeremy almost jumped on their seat. They didn’t hear her footsteps at all.

They watch her putting down the drinks on the small coffee table next to the piano. “Ah! I forgot about the gogumas! I’ll go them~ do enjoy your drink” she said. She left them for the second time.

“She is weak...” Jeremy began to continue their conversation, “Remember the day of your accident? You know the fact that her father accidently killed your mom...”

Yonghwa nodded.

“It was Seohyun he was very concerned about. He was rushing her to the hospital on that day” Jeremy took a sip of the grinded Ma with apples, “Hmm~ this is good... anyway...” he puts down the mug and return to his explanation as he sensed Yonghwa’s burning impatience. “She has this disease around her spine and eventually she can’t walk properly...and what’s worst” he sighed, “The incident that caused her to be here with us...”

Yonghwa stood up with his hands in his pockets, “What incident?”

Jeremy shook his head thinking how cruel the world is to her, “She was robbed and stabbed... she is in a coma now Yonghwa... even as we speak...”

 “Those [curse word]” Yonghwa cursed under his breath.

“Here they are!” Seohyun entered once again with plump baked goguma in her hands.

“Wow Seohyun! You plate them nicely!” Jeremy praised.

“Ah... kamsahamnida sunbae~” she bowed her head lightly.

Sensing Yonghwa’s sudden silence Seohyun turned to him.

“You haven’t even touched the Ma I made you...here” she handed the black polka dot mug with a cat head handler to Yonghwa. “You hate it already? Fine, I’ll finish this as well...” she pretended to be sulking.

“Hyun ah...” Yonghwa held her hand. “I’ll take care of you... don’t give up”

“Eh?” she turned to Jeremy who was occupied with stuffing goguma into his mouth, “What’s going on with you Yong?” Seohyun stared blankly on his serious expression.

“Just... telling you that I care for you Hyun~ just that...” Yonghwa replied with an unsure smile. He messed up Seohyun’s hair and giggled, “Jassik... Thank you for changing me in so many ways Hyun...”

“Aniyo~ you change on your own will Yong~” she smiled.

Jeremy who was occupied a few moments ago began to feel goosebumps, “I can’t believe I’ve actually enjoyed watching you guys up there! That’s it! I’m leaving!” and again with the usual POOF! Jeremy was gone from sight.