What in the world?! [...and heaven]

His angel

 

The sound of a guitar being strummed filled Seohyun’s ears that morning. She was wide awake by then though she didn’t get very much sleep the night before. Something in her mind bothered her. She got off her bed and went to the music room with giddy steps.

Her hand turned the rustic looking doorknob and tried her best to not make a sound. There she saw the man she has been living with staring at what seem to be a calendar with crossed dates.

“Good morning...” Seohyun greeted with a fresh smile. Being an angel she is the freshness on her face never wavers.

Yonghwa replied her smile with a dry smile, “You saw it don’t you?”

Without hesitation she nodded, “Is it the markings marks how long I’ve been with you?”

Yonghwa nodded. He became worried then, worried that the angel might misunderstand. He was just simply counting the days she came to his life and to simply commemorate the changes she has done on him especially his heart. “Don’t get me wrong Hyun...”

The angel nodded, “Of course Yong...” It was true. She knew his intention was good. No doubt this man has a very good heart. “So, how long has it been then?”

Turning his gaze at her, he gestured for her to sit next to him and so she did. He looked at her in the eyes and smiled, “It hasn’t been that long... you need to stay longer I’m afraid...”

Seohyun wondered for a moment. She prayed so hard to just stay with him and he does want her to stay longer but what Jeremy told her made her weary, “I might be given a chance though... if I did a great job handling you”

“Oh...so if you did great on this task of yours, you are given a chance stay longer with me? Is that it? Why didn’t you say so Hyun?~” Yonghwa rubbed in his words. Seohyun scrunched her nose. “Aigoo... they flare up again! Omo! I see a coin!”

“Oppa!” Seohyun flushed. One slap on the shoulder from Seohyun quietened his laughter.

“Arasso... arasso... aigoo~ I can’t joke around with you anymore is it?” Yonghwa nudged her playfully.

Slowly folding her arms, Seohyun then turned her head to Yonghwa with a playful expression on her face. She smiled cheekily as she saw a confused face plastered on Yonghwa’s face.

“Mwoya?” Yonghwa asked nervously, sensing something weird from Seohyun. He moved a few inches away from Seohyun with his guitar still safely sitting on his lap.

“Ya Oppa! Why are backing away? I’m not going to eat you up! Jass...” Seohyun flushed once again.

Yonghwa’s eyes widened, “Mwo? D-did you say jassik? Wow... Hyun ah~”

“Aigoo... whatever...” Seohyun rubbed her temple and once again turned to Yonghwa exposing her even more flushed face, “Lend me your guitar please...”

“Mwoya? What’s with that stern voice?” Yonghwa giggled.

“Oppa!” Seohyun hid her face with her palms. “Ahh!!” she cried.

Yonghwa kept on laughing and as he felt his stomach tightened he stopped. “Arasso... arasso... mianhe~” he wiped his joyful tears away. “H-here...” he was still giggling when he handed his guitar to Seohyun.

“Keumanhae Oppa!” Seohyun slapped Yonghwa on the shoulder.

“M-mianhe...” Yonghwa apologised.

She took the pick from Yonghwa’s hand and looked at him straight in the eyes. “Oppa...” then she sighed, “I’ll show you something...”

Before Yonghwa could ask her again, Seohyun began to strum the guitar.

------------------------------------------------------------

Yonghwa’s P.O.V------

I watched her fingers danced through the strings and my how she amused me with her surprises. A little more practise then she can be a guitar genius I thought.

‘I don’t know you....

But I want you...’

It is my favourite song she played. I recalled the first time I saw her playing the piano and me rudely tossing the music sheet at her. Stupid me.

As she sang, her voice went through me and I didn’t realise that I was singing along with her.

“So... what do you think Yong?” shyly she asked.

I nodded, “Good job... not bad for a beginner” I praised.

“Really?” she asked again looking rather unsure.

“Nae. You’re a genius!” I began to over react. Never in my life have I actually praised someone.

“What?” she giggled, “How can I be a genius?”

Just watching her laugh, and being close with her like this is enough to make my day. Looking at her sleeping [I peeped at the door...I can’t help it! She looks so... pure...] and waking up with her sweet smile and that clear eyes that immediately send my heart racing; I need her in my life. But I realise that she can never be. She is an angel and more over, she is not even a living person. So I thought I need to die to be with her. Should I end my own life just to be with her?

** ** ** **

I WILL NEVER EVER STEP MY FOOT TO THAT PLACE! NO WAY!

My thought kept bugging me not to go and meet her. Who is this her? It’s my supposedly mother. Never in my entire existence have I talk to her. It was all mockery that went through and not to mention her deathly cold glare.

I watched Seohyun pouted, “Well that deathly cold glare is CLEARLY passed down on you! You need to explain the whole thing!” Her flaring nostrils even failed to make me laugh.

I sighed as her nags’ pain my ears. So this is how it feels like when you were nagged.

“Hyun... please don’t make me go” I couldn’t believe that I actually begged her not to make me go.

Amidst me pleading the angel, apparently another angel was busy eavesdropping. Jeremy was busy smiling behind the un-shut door. “You have to clear things up as well Yong~” he butted.

Did he just address me...? Yong...?

“Ya... you are not allowed to call me that” I can’t believe that I can actually get rude with Jeremy.

He huffed and smirked, “Alright... Miss Seo Joohyun”

So that’s her real name... Seo Joohyun... I thought to myself.

“Get us something to drink alright...” he ordered Seohyun.

He waited for Seohyun to walk away from the music room then he slowly shut the door.

He turned to me with a serious look on his face. It seemed like he was about to break me another grim news.

“What is it?” I asked.

“You have to go to your mother and set the wrong things right Yonghwa...” he stepped closer to me and then I saw his face; worries were written all over. “Seohyun... her time is limited... very limited...”

I gave him a what-do-you-mean look with my left eyebrow slightly arched.

“She healed you... twice I recalled...” he said. His next words sent questions all over me. “She’s going to die if she keeps on using her healing ability...”

She’s going to die? Isn’t she already dead?

“I haven’t told her this yet...” Jeremy said as he sat on the floor next to where my piano is, “Apparently our miss angel here is still alive...”

“Yeah she’s alive alright...” sarcasm was indeed in my tone. Then again, watching the very serious expression from Jeremy sent me quiet.

“Y-you mean what you said?” I stuttered.

He nodded.

What in the world [...and heaven] is going on?

 ------------------------------------------------------