Bidding farewell

His angel

 


 

The angel and the once cold hearted man spent their first night in their new house restless, sleepless and what else could describe the uneasiness running through their hearts and minds. They twist and turn on their beds still their eyes refused to sleep. Both decide to get out of bed only to find each other standing at the door almost at the same time.

“Can’t sleep?” the young man asked the fair maiden. She only nodded. The young man took the maiden’s hand in his and leads her towards the veranda and there they stood in the middle of the night, on their veranda, admiring the twinkling stars.

“I’ll be one of them soon... watching over you...” the maiden smiled but of course not the broken hearted young man. He lost his smile completely. “Stay strong Seo Joohyun” was the only thing he could say. “We’re going to meet again...for real. You understand Miss Seo Joohyun?” he said.

The maiden nodded, “It’s a promise...”


 


 

 

Seohyun’s P.O.V--------------

If only you would remember me Yong... I am not even sure whether I will survive all of this and the coming future.

“Only two days left then I am gone for good” I tried to smile but I couldn’t. “You need to be happy Yong. Don’t let my time with you gone to waste you understand?” I said with a little touch of a strict tone in my voice.

Yong suddenly rested his head on my shoulder and what he said did make me shudder. “If it means to have you back again with me... I will become the cold hearted Jung Yonghwa again...” he paused for a few moments, his head still on my shoulder, “Just to be with you Hyun... I will...”

Then you’ll die a miserable soul Yong... I caressed his cheeks then abruptly I stopped realising how bad I was shaking.

“Just cry Hyun... let your tears flow” Yong said to me. He must’ve felt my body shaking so bad but he still didn’t move. Then I realised the damping I felt from my right shoulder, Yonghwa oppa was crying.

“Oppa...” my voice was hoarse by then after holding up my tears. “Oppa...” I cried.


 


 

 

Don and Bob were on the lookout despite the chills of the night and the extreme cold of the winter seeped through their bones. Ma had forced them to watch their new victim and they did watch him that very night, having a good time with his girl on the veranda gazing at the star.

“Have some good time before we grab you in our hands” Don said in anger through gritted teeth.

Bob was busying his fingers on the binoculars, fixating his view on the girl. “Hey Don... I have a feeling that I’ve met the girl before...”

“This is exactly what you said everytime we get to see a pretty lady!! Focus on the boy NOT THE GIRL!” Don yelled followed by a smack landed on Bob’s very temple. “Ouch Don! That really hurts!” Bob whimpered.

Despite the throbbing pain on his temple Bob kept straining his eyes on the girl.

“Remember to just grab the boy and leave out the girl! I don’t want anything like last year to happen again you understand!” Don ordered. “We’ll go in the moment they return back to sleep and make sure you don’t make a damn sound” Bob replied with a brisk nod. “What are we gonna do now Don?”

Don smirked showing his deformed front teeth; a few of them barely hanging onto his gums due to excessive consumption of drugs and alcohol. His foul breath came through the cold air he breath out, “Now... we wait for ma make a call then we move...”