Chapter VII

Everlasting [DISCONTINUE]

  I walked in my mathematics class and seat at my usual place. I could see Taehyung from here since he sat few tables in front of me. After we went home together last week, I think we could called each other friends since sometimes he came and have lunch with me and Hana. Nothing really happened after that. Just he kept having plan almost everyday after school. I think he got a part time job or something. I didn't bother to ask since who am I to pry?

I broke my thought as I saw our mathematics' teacher, Mrs.Ryu came into the classroom.

"Good morning class. As you all know this year sports day is between mathematics classes, so I hope you all can do your best" she beamed at us. We all cheered feeling excited for this year sports day. Last year, our sports day is between science class since every year we would change it to different classes.

"So I would like for you to fill this slip and put what sports you want to play" she said and passed a slip to the student that sat near her. As she continued to teach, the slip started to pass from one student to another.

As I got the slip, I looked at the name and sports they wrote. My name stopped at Taehyung's name. I looked at his sports and realised he choose 200m run. I started to write my name and write the sports I choose which was 4x100m run. I passed the slip to the next student.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I walked of my mathematics class while holding a book. I looked beside me when I realised someone was walking beside me. I smiled at Taehyung and he replied it with a slight smile.

"So what do you choose to play on sports day?" he asked me, trying to make a light conversation as we walked together to the cafeteria. I guess, today he would have lunch with me and Hana again.

"4x100m run. Wish me luck, please" I said, feeling thrill yet scared for the upcoming competition.

"Wow! Good luck then. And you should also wish me luck for 200m" he nudged my shoulder. I chuckled and patted his shoulder with a good luck wish. He smiled in return and we queued to get our food.

As we got our food we walked to Hana as she was already seated to our usual table. As we took a seat, Hana started to squeal which startled me and Taehyung. Taehyung was so flabbergasted until the fries he was about to eat fall onto his lap.

"Geez, woman" he muttered under his breath as I gave him tissue to rub on his oily pants. I giggled at his frowned and looked at Hana who had a guilty looked on her face.

"Sorry, but btw I got a date this Saturday" she started to clapped her hand in excitement. I looked at her with wide eyes in disbelief.

"Who?" Taehyung asked with bored face, clearly not interested. She gave him a sheepish looked and rubbed the back of her neck.

"It's Jungkook" she said more like a whispered. The name brought a frown onto Taehyung's face.

"Jungkook? You mean my friend, Kim Jungkook?" he asked, seriously. Hana nodded her head and started to eat her food.

"How? When? I don't even know he has his eyes on you. Good friend he is" he said more to himself.

"Maybe he is shy?" I reasoned and shrugged my shoulder. Clearly, not having a problem with Hana going on date.

"I'm going to choke him, next time I see him. How can he never told me about this?" he said in disbelief, clearly feeling unsatisfied with his bestfriend.

"No you would not" Hana said as she tried to defence her date. He replied back to her and they started to bicker like they always do. I shook my head and ignored them as I started to ravish my delicious date, food.


"Rare as in true love, true friendship is rarer"

- Jean de La Fontaine