Chapter I

Everlasting [DISCONTINUE]

  The echo of my footsteps could be heard around the silent school library. It was currently lunch time which made the library almost empty without students. Maybe that was why the librarian at the counter was dosing off without a care in the world. With the airconditioning on, it made the library a nice place to take a nap. But that was not the reason I came here during lunch.

I came here to make my research on an essay that my English teacher gave to me last week which was due in less than a month. Its not my thing to procrastinate, so I wanted to make this essay done as soon as I can. But unfortunately, I have to write an essay about something that attracted me. I didn't even knew what I was attracted to.
My mind came out blank when I thought about it. That was why I decided to start doing my reseach today. I think I was going for Shakespeare or even Lang Leav but I don't know. It just didn't clicked to my mind.
 
As I was wandering around the non-fiction racks, I saw legs came from the book rack next to where I was standing. Being the curious girl I was, I looked through the space between the books on the rack to see who was it.
 
My eyes caught a sight of a boy that I have seen around school. I knew him from my Mathematics class but i don't know what his name since we never talked before. He had a dark brown hair that almost covered his eyes. His long eyelashes touched his flawless cheeks as he was sleeping silently in the corner. His sleeping form made him looked like he was at ease.
 
The next thing I knew, I was staring at his sleeping form. I don't know why but his figure just attracted me to just sit and watched. He looked so peaceful and calm.
 
Suddenly, his eyes fluttered opened and looked straight at me like he knew that I was staring at him these past few minutes.
 
"Take a picture, it last longer" he husky voice spoke without emotion. I gasped and started to open my mouth to speak but closed it back like a fish.
 
"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered trying to cover up my inappropriate behaviour just now. Stupid me for staring at someone sleeping. He must thought I was a .
 
"I can feel you staring at me, you know?" he tilted his head while looking intently at me.
 
"How do you know I was staring at you?" I asked him with curiousity. As far as I knew, his eyes were closed during the time I was staring at him like a creeper. Did he have an invisible eyes or something?
 
"Instinct" he simply replied with a shrugged. I frowned at his answered.
 
"How can you be so sure about your instinct?" I asked. He said instinct which shocked me because I didn't believe in my instinct. Sometimes my instinct was wrong. He must have a whole lot of confidence in him.
 
"Ideas pull the trigger, but instinct loads the gun" he said with a shrugged. He eyes never leaving mine. His piercing eyes was like reading me. It almost give me goosebumps. Keyword, almost.
 
"So you're saying you've got the killer instincts?"
 
"Like a houseplant" he replied with a smirked.
 
"What?" I asked with curiousity. Seriously this man, I don't even know what he was blabbering about. I felt like I was talking with a baby. I said something and he said something else.
 
Suddenly, the bell ring signaling that it was the end of lunch. He stood up and dusted his pants before looked at his wrist watch. He walked closer to me and leaned in.
 
"That is for me to know and for you to find out" he whispered into my ear before walking away like he own the world, leaving me with my own wild curious thoughts. The best thing was, I didn't even knew his name.
 

"In art as in love, instinct is enough"

- Anatole France