Happenings.

GITA: Another Cinder and Ella Story

 

Chapter 7

 

His words surprised me. I didn’t expect that from him. 

“How sweet,” A familiar voice began to speak over the microphone echoing inside the hall. 

 

The familiar voice startled us.

 

“Who’s that?” Cinder asked pointing his finger to the control room where we saw a silhouette of a man waving his right arm.

 

“You don’t recognize me, Ella?” The voice began to speak over again.

 

His words made me wonder until I realized that the voice came from the person I am closest with.

 

I snapped my fingers as soon as I had figured out the person.

 

“Rico,” I called out, “is that you?”

 

The lights at the control room turned off and the silhouette of the man became clearer.

 

“You got that right, Ell,” He said extending his arms as he headed towards our way.

 

I ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

 

“I knew it was you,” I mumbled as I slowly broke the hug, “When did you arrive, Rico?”

 

“Just this afternoon,” He answered.

 

“You should’ve called me,” I said, “I could have fetched you,”

 

“It’s okay Ell,” He said sweetly and then turned his attention to Cinder.

 

“Ah by the way, this is my best friend, Cinder,” I said.

 

“Cinder Henderson, nice meeting you,” Cinder extended his hand towards Rico.

 

“Rico Fritzgerald,” Rico introduced himself as he reached Cinder’s hand, “nice meeting you too.”

 

“Are you two, siblings?” Cinder asked gesturing his hands.

 

“Ah no,” Rico said, “we’re just cousins.”

 

“I see, but you two look exactly alike you know,” Cinder uttered in a serious tone.

 

“Yes, you’re right,” Rico said while hanging his arm around my shoulders, “We’re always mistaken as siblings by others.”

 

They seemed to get along well even if it’s their first meeting.

 

“Is that you’re phone ringing?” Rico asked as Cinder gets his phone inside his pocket.

 

“Yeah, it’s mine,” He said while looking at his phone, “I gotta answer this, please excuse me.”

 

We nodded as we looked at Cinder walked in a distance.

 

“Hey,” Rico mumbled as he nudged my elbow, “You’ve got yourself a nice boyfriend huh?”

 

My eyes widened by what he said.

 

“He’s not my boyfriend, Rico,” I said calmly, “He’s my new bestfriend together with Jasper.”

 

He made face.

 

“If he’s not, then why are you blushing?” He began to tease me as he poked my cheeks.

 

“No, I’m not,” I defended as I gave him a light punch on his shoulder.

 

Cinder came back as he returned his phone in his pocket.

 

“You’re ringtone, it’s Reborn by B•Free right?” Rico asked Cinder eagerly.

 

“Yes, you know them?” Cinder replied immediately.

 

“Not just I know them, but I’m a huge fan of them,” He uttered.

 

“That’s great” Cinder inquired back, “Me too, I love them so much!”

 

Rico gave Cinder a friendly hug. They acted like girls giggling over their favorite band.

 

He was so happy to be able to meet someone who shares the same interest aside from me.

 

“Hey, why you didn’t tell me that?” I inserted.

 

“Sorry Ella, I didn’t know that you like them too,” Cinder said as he scuffed his hair.

 

“So do you know other artists aside from B•Free?” I asked again as I raised my eyebrows.

 

Rico was waiting for his reply as well.

 

“Yes, I know a lot of R Entertainment talents,” Cinder nodded in excitement, “but my all time favorite band is the B•Free.”

 

“We three can really get along well,” Rico exclaimed but Cinder cut in.

 

“Uh-uh,” He said as he shook his head, “not just three but four.”

 

“Cinder’s right,” A familiar voice suddenly joined us, “just like you guys, I’m also a diehard fan of B•Free.”

 

“Jasper!” I called out.

 

He went out behind the backstage and hang up his arm on Cinder’s shoulder.

 

“Were you there the whole time?” I asked him in a curious tone.

 

“Ah no, I just arrived when I heard you three talking about B•Free,” He answered with a smile and turned his attention to Rico.

 

“Rico,” He called as my cousin raised his chin in acknowledgement, “we meet again.”

 

“Y-you two know each other?” I inquired.

 

“Yup, we first met at an out-of-town business gathering of our family during the summer break,” Jasper said, “where~”

 

“Where I accidentally spilled a glass of water on his tuxedo,” Rico cut in.

 

“I had forgiven you on that,” Jasper said, “so no need to feel guilty now.”

 

“Thanks,” He mumbled.

 

“So you knew all along that we’re related with each other?” I asked again.

 

“Yes, Ellie,” He answered without any hesitation, “long before the three of us shared a table on that day.”

 

I got curious.

 

“I invited him in our house the day after the incident and ask for a formal apology since he was in a hurry that time. There he saw your picture and I told him that you’re my cousin.” Rico clarified everything.

 

“I see,” I muttered.

 

“Rico,” Jasper called as he walked towards him and stood up beside him, “you got a little taller now than the last time we met huh?”

 

Cinder sighed as I secretly laughed.

 

“There you go again buddy,” Cinder inserted, “You’re really fond of teasing others huh?”

 

We all laughed and in a while, the cast and crews started to get inside the hall.

 

“We’re about to start now,” I told Rico, “See you later?”

 

“Sure,” He mumbled.

 

 “See you later guys!” He said as he waved his hand.

 

Cinder and Jasper responded a wave towards Rico.

 

“Okay, we’ll rehearse from the beginning,” Ms. McKinley declared as she clapped her hands twice, “everyone prepare!”

 

I saw Cinder and Cassandra talking to each other at the backstage. Cinder would say something and she would suddenly laugh at him.

 

Cassandra seemed to notice me looking at their direction and so she waved her hand and smile, I did the same thing in response and went back to my work.

 

I couldn’t imagine that Cassandra and I are in good terms already. I mean I never thought that despite of the competition we had, we’d still be friends again.

 

I suddenly remembered the incident that happened 5 months ago between the two of us.

 

At that time, the drama club was planning to have a chamber theatre presentation where the earned money would proceed to the charity that the club was supporting. However, like every play, there should be an audition for the major roles before the staff would have their final decision. It all started during the day of the try-outs.

 

“Ella,” Cassandra called out, “so you’re going to audition too?”

 

“Yes, Cass,” I replied with a smile.

 

“Good luck then,” She said and walked out.

 

The audition began and we gave out all our best.

 

The next day, the results of the audition were posted already and when we looked at it, my name was in there but I was curious why Cassandra’s name wasn’t there.

 

I was at the comfort room washing my hands when Cassandra came in.

 

“Why did you betray me?” Cassandra asked with a straight face, “How could you do this to me?”

 

“What are you talking about, Cass?” I asked innocently as she slowly came closer to me.

 

“Why did you sign up for the role? I want that role so badly!” She yelled at me.

 

I didn’t get her point until I realized that she was referring to the role I just got.

 

“Don’t tell me you also signed up for the role?” I asked nervously, “I’m sorry, I didn’t know that since you haven’t been telling me your plans.”

 

“I didn’t know that you auditioned since I went home after my turn,” I added.

 

“Forget that we’re friends from now on Ella,” Cassandra said as she walked out the comfort room frustrated.

 

I was telling for real that time. I seriously didn’t have any idea that she’d be aiming for the role as well.

 

We never had talks for the past 4 months. Whenever we meet each other along the hallway, at the cafeteria or anywhere at the university, she would just pass by as if I never existed in her sight.

 

That’s the reason why I didn’t sign up for any roles for the annual musical play. I did this for her to know that I ain’t the kind of person who steals the spotlight of the others.

 

Just the other week, Cassandra came to me and apologized for what she did to me last time.

 

“Ella, we need to talk,” She said as we went backstage away from the others.

 

“I-I’m sorry for what I’ve done to you,” She said looking on the floor, “I know I should’ve not act like that to you. I was selfish back then. All I think about is to get the spotlight, to be famous. I didn’t realize that there are also members of the club who wanted to have a big part too.”

 

I was shocked to hear those words from her. She held my hands and looked at me with teary eyes.

 

“I’m so sorry, Ella,” She sniffled, “Can we be friends again?”

 

A smile painted on my face.

 

“I had forgiven you a long time ago Cass,” I said as I hugged her, “Of course, we can be friends again.”

 

Cassandra hugged me tight while sobbing.

 

“Stop crying now,” I said as she let go of my hug.

 

“Thanks Ell,” She mumbled as she wiped her face.

 

I smiled sweetly.

 

“This is the reason why you volunteered to be assigned at the props, isn’t it?” She asked seriously.

 

“How did you know about that?” I quickly asked her back.

 

“Cinder told me,” She uttered as she took a glace of him sitting at the stage scanning on the scripts, “He told me that Isabela told him about the true reason of your sudden decision. He is a closed friend of Isabela. That’s the reason why I realized that you haven’t done anything bad to me at all.”

 

“I guess I should be thankful to Cinder too,” She added as she smiled shyly, “because of him, I realized that I should learn to open up and appreciate those people around me. He told me not to take Jasper’s tease seriously ‘cause he just wants my attention.”

 

“Cinder said that?” I asked again, I couldn’t think of anything else to say.

 

Cassandra just nodded.

 

So, Cinder was the reason why Cassandra and I became friends again. I caught myself staring blankly at the floor until I came to realize that someone was calling my name.

 

“Ella!”

 

I snapped back to the present situation.

 

“Andrew,” I said, “is something wrong?”

 

“No, not at all,” He said shaking his hands. “You seemed not to be in yourself that’s why I called your attention, that’s all.”

 

“Oh, I was just thinking of something,” I grinned.

 

He just nodded and walked away while humming the piece he’s going to sing together with Derick. He seemed to be nicer than his older brother I guess.

 

Just then, I caught Cinder glancing at our direction. He gave a quick half smile and went back to rehearsing his part.

 

.-* End of Ella’s Point of View*-. 

 

.-* Start of Cinder’s Point of View*-. 

 

I saw Ella and Andrew talking for a while. I took a glance at them but Ella accidentally caught me. I just gave a quick half smile and returned to rehearsing my part.

 

___________________

-Niksama 01/01/12

 

A/N: Another special participation of Hey!Say!JUMP’s Chinen Yuri as Rico Fritzgerald, Ella’s cousin.

B•Free and R Entertainment are just fictionals.