chap 2

I'd trade 1000 tears for your smile

 

Jaejoong and I parted ways as we entered the school. Though his locker was next to mine, he wanted to catch Yoona before class began, thus, leaving me alone to walk to my locker.

“Wish me luck,” he shouted at me as he ran towards the science wing, where Yoona had her first class.

Anything to make you happy. I thought sadly as I wished sincerely for his success.

I turned around to go to my locker in the west wing of the school.

Our school was an old, prestigious school that was founded back in the 1900s. Not that it was one of those rich, snobby, stuck-up schools or anything; it was an oasis where all sorts of talents were gathered. The school was one of the top athletic schools since we take home 80% of the city championship banners annually (though I’m not much of an athlete myself). It was also an academic school where studious students find their niche (I wouldn’t say that I’m a nerd, more like someone who get good grades without too much effort). The art program and language programs are also superb at my school. The school was a red brick building constructed back in the 1900s, and everything had an antique-ish air about it.

“Hey,” my best friend, Yilina, whom I shared a locker with, waited for me at our locker.

“What’s wrong?” she questioned with a concerned look on her face, “it’s Jaejoong again isn’t it? I knew it. I knew that he was no good for you.”

I gave her a weak smile as I filled her in on happened.

“Aw, don’t be too sad. The Halloween dance is coming up. We’re seniors now so we have to go. I can’t believe you ditched last year and the year before that because Jaejoong was being an idiot and blew you off.” She said angrily but with determination, “you have to come this year. Who knows, maybe you’ll meet your true prince there. And he’ll show that fake prince Jaejoong who the true gentleman is.”

Yilina was one of the first people I met when I entered high school. She was straightforward, and had a strong sense of justice. Ever since we met each other in our first year, we’ve been like sisters. I tell her everything that happens between Jaejoong and I and she feels every protective of me. Considering all the times Jaejoong cancelled on me to do something Yoona-related, I don’t blame her for her hostile attitude towards him.

We linked arms as we headed to math class together, chatting about the Halloween dance on the way.

“Hey,” a cute voice chirped in on my left as someone linked onto my left arm as well. I turn around to see Sherry, another of my best friends.

 “Are you guys going to the dance? Let’s all go together this year,” sherry added as she looked at me accusingly, “whether Jaejoong is coming or not, you are so coming this year.

She pretended to give me a scary stare, “I’m going to rent a tow truck and get you there by force if I have too.”

I laughed at her silliness and rolled my eyes a little, indicating my acquiescence.

“Yay,” she squealed, “so, what are you guys going to wear…”

Yilina and Sherry chatted away while my mind returned to Jaejoong. The past two years he had asked me to go to the dance with him as his childhood friend. Yet, in grade 10, his friends persuaded him to join the group of boys who went to the dance dateless, in attempt to get Yoona’s attention and perhaps share a dance with her. Their efforts failed miserably since Yoona’s date turned out to be Micky from DBSK. From what I’ve heard, the looks on their faces were priceless as they realized that they were no competition at all. Last year, Jaejoong had thought that Yoona wasn’t going to the dance with anyone after he had asked me to accompany him. So, he cancelled on me and chased after Yoona, only to find out that she was going with her boyfriend from overseas. The past two years, I stayed home by myself, in hopes that he might come back for me, and in fear of seeing him with Yoona, showering her with the heart-breaking smile reserved only for her. Even though he would try to make it up to me afterwards, it’s never enough. Nothing can retrieve the tears I shed for him as I waited for the door bell to ring and nothing and heal the pain I felt as I stood alone in my balcony, wearing a Victorian costume, gazing at the lonely moon.

Will he ask me to the dance this year? Will he cancel on me like he did the past two years? Will I really enjoy the dance if he’s not with me?

*****

sry... seems like my brain only likes short chapters.