chap 3

I'd trade 1000 tears for your smile

 

The morning classes passed by in the blink of an eye. The first period with my two best friends was filled with chattering giggles as they discussed more about the dance. My second class was social studies, where I had more time to myself to ponder about Jaejoong.

I wonder what happened between him and Yoona. The lunch bell jerked me awake from my daydreaming state. I quickly gather all my things and left the class room. After getting past all the students in the halls, I finally got down from my third floor social class to the main floor cafeteria.

“Boo,” a voice called as a hand landed on my left shoulder, causing me to turn around.

I see a cute and petit girl grinning at me. Chelsea. I thought to myself.

Chelsea was another of my best friends. I’ve known her the longest out of all my girlfriends, since junior high. She is bubbly and optimistic, and always cheers me up when Jaejoong does something stupid. Together, we walked over to our usually lunch table by the windows. On the way, I see Yoochun grinning happily at Sherry and the rest of the group just averting their gazes from the love struck couple. Like me, Jaejoong found a group of close friends after entering high school. His closest group consisted of Yoochun, Yunho, Junsu, and Changmin. Since Jaejoong and I were childhood friends and Yoochun and Sherry became a couple last year, it was only natural that our groups of friends sat with each other at lunch. Getting to know the boys better, I learned that they were all great guys under their wonderfully handsome exterior. The nine of us had gotten so close that we were like family. Seeing my friends goof off at lunch never failed to brighten my day.

“Save me,” Junsu groaned as Chelsea and I walked closer to the table, “if they act any sweeter, I think we’re all going to get diabetes. I’m too young; don’t do that to me…”

Chelsea giggled cutely as she joined our group at the lunch table, sitting next to Junsu of course, whom I suspect she has a crush on. Their side of the table was full with Chelsea, Junsu, Sherry, Yoochun and Jaejoong. So, I walked over to the other side of the rectangular table and sat between Yilina and Yunho while Changmin sat on the very outside, beside Yilina.

“So, I hear you are going to the dance with Yilina,” Yoochun grinned at Changmin, who blushed immediately, “I knew you had a thing for her.”

“No way, when did this happen?” Chelsea questioned.

“Aww, that’s so cute.” I added.

“So, how and when did he ask you? Why didn’t you tell us this morning?” Sherry whined.

Yilina was bombarded with questions and she soon turned as red as Changmin. The table exploded with laughter as we took in the blushing, beet-red couple.

“I guess you two are going with each other, huh?” Yoochun shifted his focus to Jaejoong and me as he continued to tease, “Just mail me the invitations to your wedding when you’re ready. We all know that you two are going to get married one day.”

I looked down at my hands, which were folded on my lap, with a tinge of red on my cheeks as my lips curled upwards involuntarily.

“Eww, stop that,” Jaejoong pretended to have a disgusted expression while refuting Yoochun’s statement, “she’s like my little sister. Are you proposing that we commit ?”

The table again broke into laughter because of Jaejoong’s comment. I felt my heart sink and I bit my lips to hide my disappointment. I slowly lifted my head up to my left and saw Yilina giving me a worried look, probably aware of the pain that simple joke caused me. I gave her a half-hearted smile of assurance and turned my head to the right to avoid her questioning look, afraid she would see through my façade. I feel a hand gently placed on top of my right hand and I look up to see that it belonged to Yunho.

He leaned towards me and whispered, “it’s ok. I know your pain,” while giving my hand a light squeeze to show his sympathy.

How did he know? I panicked as various thought raced through my head. Who told him? Was I that obvious? If he knows does that mean Jaejoong knows as well?

As if reading my thoughts, Yunho leaned in even closer to say, “don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone else. You can always trust me.”

I quickly turned away from his face that was now extremely close to my own and saw Jaejoong looking at us with a questioning look on his face.

Luckily, the bell rang to indicate the end of the lunch hour and I sped off to my next class, not wanting to talk to Jaejoong nor Yunho at the moment.

When school ended, I waited by my locker, which was next to Jaejoong’s, to tell Jaejoong that I was going to dance rehearsal this afternoon. After standing there for 15 minutes without seeing anyone, I just left for the dance studio.

He’s probably busy professing his love to Yoona right now. I thought dejectedly as I put my cell phone away, convincing myself to not call him in fear of ruining his moment.

After entering the studio, I put on “hurt” by Christina Aguilera, and began choreographing a lyrical piece for my upcoming dance performance. Moments later, I was lost in that hollow room of mirrors, lost in my world of dance, lost in the realm of “hurt”.

 

*********

next few chaps should have more meat than this one...