chap 7

I'd trade 1000 tears for your smile

 

I glance over at my friends in the mirror – sailor Venus, sailor Mercury and sailor Jupiter. Just as I was appreciating how much we resemble the characters, a thought struck me.

“We’re missing sailor Mars,” I remarked as I finally realized that we’re one person short, “darn, should have made more friends at the beginning of the year so we could stuff her in a sailor scout costume.”

I joked with a mock serious expression, determined to enjoy myself this evening and not let my friends’ efforts go to waste. Upon hearing my comment, Chelsea, Yilina and Sherry glanced at each other before letting out a knowing giggle, confusing me entirely. I looked at them questioningly.

“You’ll see. You’ll see,” sherry assured me suggestively while shooting the other two a look. The three just burst out laughing again.

After 45 minutes we arrived at the hotel where the dance was held. Due to Yilina’s “fantastic” driving skills and amazing tendency to get lost, I thought we’d be so late that we would miss the dance entirely. However, thanks to Sherry’s map reading prowess, we were only fifteen minutes late. I thought for sure that the boys would come and pick us up. Or at least Yoochun would come and pick sherry up since they’ve been practically attached to each other at hip ever since they started dating. When I had asked about the boys, Sherry again gave me a meaningful grin – whose meaning I have yet to comprehend – and asked me to be patient.

We walked into the grand hotel lobby. Through the large windows on the interior walls that separated the lobby from the dance hall, we spotted that the dance had already began. The dance was held in a lavishly furnished banquet hall. The lights were dim and the twinkle lights on the ceiling sparkled to provide the only light source. On the left was the dance floor. Beside it was the sitting area and tables for those who did not want to dance at the moment. Further down in the room, a long table was seen, where snacks, punch and other snacks ornate the table. Occasionally, a spot light would be flung onto the dance floor, or the sitting area next to the dance floor. As I walked past the large window to get to the dance hall entrance, I saw that the spot light was focused on Yoona, surrounded by boys who tried to impress her and girls who fawned obsequiously. Jaejoong was nowhere in sight.

I turn my eyes away from the window and see Changmin, Yunho and Junsu standing not too far away from us. Beside them stood a tall and well built boy who had a black cape with a black ensemble and a girl who was almost as tall as him. The girl was in a red skirt and had very long hair which reminded me of Sailor Mars. Both their backs were turned to us, so I couldn’t quite figure out who they were or who they were dressing up as. I did not see Yoochun or Jaejoong at all.

“Strange,” I pondered silently, “Jaejoong is probably not going to hang out with us tonight but where could Yoochun be?”

Yilina, Sherry, Chelsea and I approached the group and through my peripheral vision I saw the girls turning their heads toward me as if to observe my reaction to something.

“They are being so strange tonight,” I thought to myself, “something must be up.”

Before I opened my mouth to say anything, Junsu noticed us as waved happily to Chelsea, causing the boy in black and the girl in red to turn around. The boy revealed a face that was covered by a black mask. Though hidden behind the mask, his features were incredibly handsome. He had a tall, straight nose and very focused eyes. His glossy, black hair was cropped so that the longest part barely hit the bottom of his neck, framing his face beautifully. He was almost equal in the looks department as Jaejoong, almost.

“Zorro,” I remarked as I finally took in his costume of the black cape, black blouse, and the silver sword dangling by his side.

Then, I turned to the girl beside him. Her unnatural height was the first thing that I noted. Certainly, she was taller than any of us girls. With Chelsea and Sherry standing tall at 158cm, Yilina barely surpassing the 167cm line and me reigning over them at 170cm, we were no match for the new girl.

“She looks even taller than Junsu,” I observed.

Walking even closer to the group and the new girl, I noticed that indeed she was in the Sailor Mars costume with red heels that matched the outfit. The skirt looked abnormally short on her long legs. Her shoulders were also strangely broad and square, not resembling that of a female at all. It was as if she wore shoulder pads that doubled the width of her shoulders. Her face looked so familiar to me, as if I have seen it somewhere…

“Oh my gosh,” I suddenly exclaimed as it hit me, “no way!!!!!”

My mouth was hanging so wide that I’m surprised I didn’t feel my jaw on the floor. My eyes popped round for 5 straight seconds before the image finally sank in. the group watched my sudden, hilarious expression before we all bursted into an uncontrolled laughter. We laughter for so long that I felt cramps forming in my stomach. Then I straightened myself and walked over to the new girl, trying to suppress another fit of hysteric laughter.

“Yoochun, do you have a closet transvestite tendency that you want to talk to us about?” I asked Yoochun in a mock serious manner, whom I realized was the one in the Sailor Mars costume, “we are all very open minded and I’m sure that Sherry could still love you… as long as you agree to let her dress up as the girl on prom night.”

Then the group began another round of howling laughter.

******************

sry I took so long to update... School has been hectic lately.

the story is going along pretty slowly (my bad). Lately it seems that I have lost the incentive to write... I have the entire story and plot and drama all planned out in my head, I'm just too lazy to get it down...

Yay... at least I got into uni. I found out that I got accepted by Wharton last friday. SOOOO Psyched. maybe this explains my sudden laziness. lol