chap 6

I'd trade 1000 tears for your smile

 

Saturday came and my parents left the house early in the morning to visit their friends for their own little gathering, leaving the house all to myself which I did not mind in the least.

True to their word, my friends arrived at my house at 5 o’clock, on the dot. I hurried to the main door to greet them. When I opened the door, I saw that they all had long coats on which went past their knees, covering all of their costumes. The only things I could see were their bare calves, indicating that they wore skirts. They also all had very funny shoes on. Sherry was wearing a pair of long blue boots that went up to her knee while Yilina wore dark green ankle boot that had laces tied into bows in the back. Chelsea was wearing a pair of orange high heels that had little straps which wrapped around her ankles. Seeing their weird shoes, I realized that I never asked who they were dressing up as.

As they walked into the house, I decided to ask what their costumes were.

Seeing my curious expression, Chelsea and Sherry gave me a mischievous little grin.

“We have three surprises for you tonight,” sherry smiled suggestively, not giving me anymore information.

“We know how much you loved sailor moon…” Chelsea dragged her voice as if wanting to build up the suspense.

“You guys,” Yilina rolled her eyes impatiently at Sherry and Chelsea, not wanting to wait any longer to give me the first surprise, “so, what they were trying to say is that we know you love sailor moon. And due to methods which we will not mention we found out that you ordered a princess serenity costume some time ago. So we all decided to dress up as the sailor scouts and we can all go as the sailor moon group.”

As she explained, they ped their coats to reveal their beautiful costumes. Yilina was in the dark green sailor costume worn by sailor Jupiter. Sherry was in the navy blue sailor Mercury costume and Chelsea dressed up as sailor Venus, the golden goddess of beauty.

“Oh my gosh you guys,” I exclaimed happily, touched by their gesture and how well my friends knew me.

I’ve always wanted to dress up as sailor moon. So when I saw that princess serenity dress a few months ago, I couldn’t help but buy it, in hopes that I might go to the dance with Jaejoong. Since I wasn’t going with Jaejoong, I thought about abandoning my dress as well. My friends probably knew that I wasn’t going to wear the serenity dress if I weren’t going with Jaejoong, so they all decided to dress up with me and cheer me up. When I thought about how wonderful my friends are and how they are probably doing this to distract me from Jaejoong’s absence, I felt so lucky and very loved.

“Stop looking at us with that mushy expression,” Yilina ordered teasingly, “you need to go and change. We only have less than two hours to beautify each other…”

I headed upstairs to my room as the girls began taking out their endless bags and bundles of makeup, spreading them out on the floor of the den and beginning to apply them on each other. I went inside my room and closed the door behind me, walking over to my closet. I opened my closet and took out a long white garment bag from the very back of it. I held the hanger in one hand while the other rested under the middle of the garment bag, transporting it to my bed. I set the bag on my bed gently and opened the zipper…

After 20 minutes of getting dressed and putting on accessories, I felt like I was ready. Without even looking in the mirror, I left my room. I walked down the stairs slowly, making sure that I don’t trip over my long dress. As I descended the stairs, I felt my friends’ gazes turning to me one by one. Their heads seemed to move in slow motion as they caught the others looking in my direction, and followed their gazes. Their eyes seemed to widen in surprise after seeing me and Yilina’s mouth even dropped a little.

“Oh my god!!!!!” the three exclaimed all at the same time.

“Thank god we made sure you were going. Were you really going to waste that dress?” Yilina questioned in disbelief, “You are so gorgeous.”

I smiled a little as a faint tint of pink colored my cheeks. I wasn’t used to compliments, mainly because Jaejoong has never complimented me. 

“Wow, that dress is amazing. You look like a goddess…wait, you are suppose to be one,” Chelsea giggled giddily.

“Come over here, we’re going to make you the most beautiful girl ever to set foot in that Halloween dance, aside from us of course,” Sherry joked as she ushered across the den to where they were putting on makeup.

I saw that all the girls had eye shadow that matched their costumes and a subtle shimmer to their flawless skin, adding an exquisite and heavenly aura about them. Each of the girls had on a different shade of lip gloss. In the time I was gone, they had also put on wigs that went with their characters. Sherry wore a short, dark blue wig that was a replica of the hair style of sailor mercury, while Yilina wore a dark brown, slightly wavy pony tail that mirrored that of sailor Jupiter. Chelsea was in a wavy, gold wig that went below her waist, with a big bow in the back, echoing that of Sailor Venus. They guided me to a chair in the middle of the makeup and began their work. An hour later, when they were finally done putting creams, gels and powers on me, they again gushed over my beauty, feeling incredibly proud of their work.

Yilina covered my eyes and they lead me to the full length mirror in the bathroom. She slowly removed her hands and revealed my image before me, letting me feel the full impact of shock and surprise since I hadn’t look in a mirror since putting on the dress. The figure in the mirror was elegant, graceful and beautiful in the extreme. Her long, white, empire waist dress flowed to the ground. The sheer and light material formed a long train in the back, giving her the appearance of floating on top of plushy clouds. The dress was strapless and the bust line was full of glittering beads sown in the shape of circles. Her creamy white skin seemed to glow and a faint rouge colored her cheeks. Her dark, almond shaped eyes popped out, and seemed to reflect her soul when contrast against the pale dress and her pale skin. She did not wear a wig; instead, her soft, glossy hair is set in loose curls that reached the back of her waist, emphasizing her soft curves and contrasting with her creamy skin.

I did look like a goddess, the goddess of the moon, serenity, confident, graceful, and unaffected by unrequited love.

Tonight, I am serenity.

 

*******

sorry for still not getting to the dance... should be in the next chap... i hope... i actually have a pic of the dress im describing saved on my computer, but i cant find the website anymore... sry...