Part 1: chap 1

I'd trade 1000 tears for your smile

 

The sunshine peeks in through my pink curtains, as greets my eyes as I groggily wake up. I sit up from my comfortable sleeping position immediately, in fear of falling back asleep again. My eyes are sore as they adjust to the brightness of the day. I walk across my room and into the bathroom to do my morning ritual – brushing teeth, washing face. Then, I head into my walk-in closet, grab a cute polka-dotted skirt with a cute white top and change. I hurry down the stairs without make up on; I was never a cosmetics girl. I always believed in natural beauty .

I greeted my parents at the breakfast table and stuff down two pieces of toast with milk.

Darn, I’m a little late today. I thought to myself as I scramble to put on my flats and scurries outside the door.

I charged at full speed until I reach his house. Then I smoothed my long black hair that is a little messy due to my mini jog, and pressed the doorbell.

“Hello, Mia,” Jaejoong’s mom greeted me at the door, “Jaejoong is almost ready. Do you want to come in?”

“That’s ok, Mrs. Kim,” I smiled warmly as I reply, “I’ll just wait outside.”

After what seemed to be the entire morning passed by, Jaejoong casually strolled to the door, where I was standing. He was in a simple white t-shirt and faded jeans. His chocolate colored hair swayed as he walked and glittered in the sunlight. His dark brown eyes seemed to twinkle as he smiled at me and greeted me good morning. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to how handsome he is, and trust me; I’ve had a long time to get used to him.

In the last year of elementary school, my family moved to this neighborhood. Thus, I became Jaejoong’s neighbor and childhood friend. I remember how we used to hold hands as we walked into the elementary school class and were teased by the little school children. I didn’t mind holding hand with him back then. I don’t think I mind right now, if only I get the chance. I wonder when it started. These feelings that make me drawn only to him, notice only him and think only about him.

When exactly during our 6 years of friendship did I start liking him?

“Earth to Mia,” he waved his hand in front of my face as he teased, “if you don’t hurry, you’re going to make me late.”

“You’re one to talk,” I retorted, “at least I didn’t spend an hour in the bath room like some beauty queen.”

“You…” Jaejoong started.

I ran outside his house as he chased behind me. After a good two minutes of sprinting, we slowed to a walk beside each other.

“You’ll never guess what happened,” Jaejoong beamed at me excitedly, bouncing up and down like a child about to receive his Christmas present.

Try me. I thought with a hint of bittersweet sadness. I bet it starts with Yoon and ends with A.

“The famous dance group ____ is coming to town and my friends got me two tickets,” Jaejoong announced excitedly.

“No way,” I replied incredulously. I love that dance group.

Is he going to ask me to go? I thought hopefully.

“I heard from someone that Yoona really likes to dance so I hope she’ll go with me,” he stated with a cute expression full of hope and happiness, like the one I had before.

See, I thought it had something to do with her. I thought melancholically but put on a small smile as I encouraged him to ask her, fully aware of the pain it’ll give him if she were to reject and fully aware of the pain it’ll give me if she were to accept.

When Jaejoong and I entered high school, his eyesight had been captivated by Yoona, the graceful, elegant, beautiful girl adored by everyone. And in the past two years, he’s been trying to win her over like a lovesick puppy. The smallest gesture from her could send him to an elated cloud of euphoria. And I just sat unnoticed beside him, listening to his happy narrations, slipping further and further from my own happiness.  

***********

short chappy... just wanted to try it out first