It's ok, its love

It's ok, it's love

It's ok, it's love

Hello my dear Songkim shippers!

The day you were waiting for it's here! The day for this story to ve over!

I'm so happy to been able to finish it. And I'm so glad that so many people have read it, even when it's not good at all. Thank you so much. 

And thank you to all the lovely and sweet people who has send reviews over the past months, telling me their opinion on this story. This last chapter is for you all.

Thanks again for your time and I hpope you'll enjoy it as much as I did while writing it.

Lots of loves and I hope we will read each other again!

Hipsterian

 

11.- It’s ok, its love

It is the last week of summer break and Seunghoon can believe that Mino has survived for so long without a trace or a peek of Kim Jinwoo. Well, they have been talking which each other every day, Mino has filled Jinwoo’s phone with messages and texts, and more than one weird selca – that Jinwoo might or might not send him back, just to show him how much appreciated he is by Song Mino.

 They have also play Overwatch together nearly every night and, Seunghoon knows, there is nothing that brings to people closer than staying up all night video gaming like crazies. And during the previous week Jinwoo was been more attentive against Mino than normal, replying in a matter of seconds to him, talking to him for hours and talking about him to Seunghoon for hours too. If Seunghoon knew better, he would think that some feelings were growing up, but he does it, knows it, that something between his friends is changing and he can not be more proud about it – should he leave his career has a veterinarian and start as a couple maker? - . He has also noticed how much effort Mino has been doing, trying to look appealing to Jinwoo, more than usual, acting cute and making him laugh at any given opportunity. He has even learned – with Taehyun’s cybernetic help – how to perform the “Gwiyomi Song” and “Oppaya” dance. And maybe Seunghoon had has to witnessed it all, and had has some nightmares about it, but if that is what is needed to make Jinwoo fall in love with his dumb best friend, so be done and beard.

So when Jinwoo calls him to tell him that he thinks that he might be in love, Seunghoon is more than ready and prepare to hear those news, showing a quiet interest in the matter, even when he is dying inside, the anxiety for listening to Jinwoo’s confession killing him.

“Who? Who is hyung?” he asks, playing innocent.

“Oh… So you didn’t notice? That’s good, I don’t want to be so obvious about that…” he sighs in relieve, misleading totally by Seunghoon’s pitched and surprised  voice, that sounds all wrong and fake and pretentious. “I think I like Mino… more than… you know, more than in a friendly way?” he says, insecure, as if he wasn’t sure and needs some reassurances.

“Why do you think so?” and Seunghoon can’t believe that, how did Mino manage to succeed on this? After all the falls, the downs – in his opinion, in this matter, Mino didn’t get any up – and the creepy stuff, following him, stalking him, and having mental breakdowns whenever Jinwoo was close, it’s amazing that Jinwoo has fallen for him and his low-key artifices. He knows Mino, he knows he is cool and funny, someone with a heart of gold and a mind of a kid, so he, doing well in love shouldn’t be something that should amaze him, but it’s Kim Jinwoo who they are talking about, the same Kim Jinwoo who crumbles all of Mino’s thought, smashing his mind, leaving him as empty as a shell, his soul out of his body, trying to go to heaven, to reach that angel that, in Mino’s perspective, is Jinwoo.  

“I’m happier whenever he is around, or when he calls me; I smile, and then it feels warm when his voice keeps me awake at night. Does any of this make sense?” and he can picture Jinwoo’s pretty eyes wide open, starts gleaming with fears and sorrows about what all those mean, waiting for Seunghoon guidance and comforting words.

He can imagine how Jinwoo is feeling now, how scare of this all he is, because he knows that love is new to him; he might be the prettiest person in the world – he is not going to deny it, it’s the truth –but he has never experienced romance, or had a date. And been so oblivious and naïve, such an innocent soul, he can’t expect him to know that yes, that is love, or how to react at it.

“Yes, that sounds like love to me” he confirms, and feels the world falling up his tired shoulders.

“Then… What should I do? I know that Mino doesn’t like me that way, he make it clear the other day, that he likes me only as a friend and… Ah! Seunghoon-ah, will you help this useless hyung of yours?” he asks, hopelessly. Seunghoon face is going red, trying to keep his mouth shout, hushing his laugh, muffing it with his hands, feet beating the floor and cracking from every pore of him. Does Jinwoo really believe in that? There has to be something very wrong with him. If after all that Mino has done he doesn’t notice anything, Seunghoon has no confidence in it. How much clear has to be Mino for Jinwoo to understand? Does he need to write it on his face, draw it, sing it, turn the sky into a canvas and use the starts to tell him? For just an instant, he pities Mino a lot, for falling for such a pure and candid person as Kim Jinwoo, who still doesn’t know how Mino has been following him everywhere around for the last few months or how he already has Mino’s heart, for so long that he has learned how to life without one.

Mino can hear the louds chokes coming from the living room. For a moment he thinks that maybe his hyung is in trouble, like dying, so he rushes there, just to find that not only Seunghoon is still very alive – which he is thankful for, he has grown to like him -, but he is laughing his breath of, rolling on the floor, holding his phone, his long legs kicking the air.

“What’s wrong hyung?” he asks, but when Seunghoon lifts his gaze to look at him, he cracks again, louder.

“Omg, I can’t believe I’m friend with the two most stupid people in earth!” he exclaims, holding himself tight, as if he might break apart from that much laughing.

“Who? You are not talking about me, right?” he ponders, but he knows that there is a lot of chances for him to be that one.

“He really believes that you are not interested in him at all! How can he be so blind? You even confessed to him and, still, nothing! That’s so incredible!” he keeps going, as if he didn’t hear Mino’s concerns.

“Do you mean… Are you talking about Jinwoo?” he wonders, opening his eyes in surprise because, what does that mean?

“Who else could be? Or did you confess to someone else in the past two hours?” he says in between guffaws that suffuses his voice. “But even been so oblivious, he is still so cute. I don’t know how did you managed to get him, but man, you’re blessed. Should I ask you for advice from now on?” and, again, what was that? Is he… Does it mean what he wants it to mean?

“Did Jinwoo hyung tell you something?” he asks, almost heartbroken, his beats moving to his throat, hands shaking in anticipation and agitation, like kites flying in the sky.

“It’s not me who should say it, but yes” and he now looks serious, as serious as he can seem, legs crossed and sitting on the floor, still a big grin covering his face, and his eyes gleaming with delight.

“I don’t care hyung, just tell me!” he begs, in despair. He wants to hear it, even if it’s not from Jinwoo, his heart can’t hold it, the nervous, the anxiety, are breaking him down. He needs it.

“I’m not sure…” he starts, but Mino gazes him, deadly serious, and Seunghoon knows there is no way back, that he is cursed “he tell me that he likes you. But I never told you that. Swear it, Song Mino!” but there is nothing to swear, since Mino is collapsing, his entire blood freeze in one spot, his heart. It can’t be true. It can’t. Jinwoo is not in love, he has misheard it. But Seunghoon looks stern, even after a few minutes pregnant with silence, he is waiting from him, his reaction, very still, so it has to be true.

How it’s that even possible? Mino will wonder, but the answer won’t ever come near to him, it will be a mystery for him to solve. But he can’t care, not when the person he loves so much, over the moon and the sun and all the stars that fill the immense universe, loves him back.

Mino can’t wait. He has wake up with an idea and he has to do it now. Nothing else matters from now on, but to keep Seunghoon awake to drive him to somewhere, and for him to call his hyung. He needs to see him, so much than he can’t hold his agitation, those butterflies that have his nest in his chest and now are flying around.

“Jinwoo hyung!” Seunghoon greets him over the phone, “I suddenly decide that I miss you so much that I bought a ticket and I am going to Imjado. I’m driving there in this very moment”

They set everything during the ride and Seunghoon leaves Mino, hoping for him to succeed.

“I’m the best man, don’t forget it!” he screams at the little figure that Mino is becoming, while waving at him.

Jinwoo is waiting. He checks the time on his watch, again, and sighs. He never thought that he will miss someone that much, but Seunghoon has become his best friend and he wants to hug him as fast as possible. He also wants to talk about Mino with him, about his feelings, proves them somehow since he is not yet sure about them, and, besides, it’s been two days without any Mino’s interaction and he is starting to overthink too much, which is not healthy; he might even forgot to properly eat due to that. But all his fears will dissipated once he sees his Seunghoon, who will reassure him and tell him that Mino is ok – and he will be ok if he tells them that he hates him, he promise to himself -.

The waves kiss the sand of the beach, leaving a wet trace of deep brown, in deep contrast with the pure blue that melts between the sea and the sky. Jinwoo’s heart tilts when he spots a dark skinned young man, with eyes like shooting stars. He isn’t supposed to be there, but he runs toward him, anyway.

Jinwoo looks absolutely adorable, Mino thinks. More than ever, all confused and lost. And Mino uses that instant to do what he has wanted to do all this time. Now that it’s possible, now that is real.

Mino kisses him and he only can gasp, letting those pretty lips catching his, taking him back. Suddenly there is nothing, not the sounds of the sea that he has grown up to hear, not the rush of people coming and going, not even air in his lungs; just Mino. And he knows it, right there, what that means.

His hands holding his like it was meant to be, his lips finding his, his heart over his chest, listening to the steady sounds of it, the music that comes from him. He blushes hard and Mino laughs, gently, pushing him closer, even closer than that. And smiles at him so softly, his eyes bright, all those emotions now displayed, clearly, for Jinwoo to read, for Jinwoo to notice.

“It’s ok” he whispers into his ear “its love. You’ll get used to it” he promises.  But Jinwoo knows that he won’t, he will never get used to be loved by Song Mino.