From the Park to the Edge of Cliff

Our Meeting, Our Destiny..

Announcement has always became an excite moment for the students who took the exams. In that matter of time, their fate would be decided. Jae, like the other student, felt the nervousness just by waiting for the announcement. He must wait for 1 month from that test, just to see his test result. Seoul University is an awesome university. Many students from his school tried to become the Seoul University student, but most of them failed in that damn exam. He felt shiver everytime he thought about that.

As usual, when he felt nervous or scared or even when he has nothing to do, he always went around a park. That park located near his house. It’s like a mini kindergarten, completed with various kind of play game. One of his favorite is wooden swing. He liked the way wind blew his hair when he played that swing. He felt so free like a flying bird in the sky.

That day always went the same. It was late night. He came to that park. And as usual he spotted directly to his favorite swing. Jae just sits there and feels the night breeze his hair gently.

“Oh my God, what should I do? The announcement would be revealed tomorrow. I just.. I’m not ready. What if I fail in that exam? No..no..no..” Jae shook his head as that scary thought pop in his mind.

Far away from that park, 2 drunken men came as they on their way to their home. They kept babbling randomly between their drunk. Suddenly, one of those men poked the other when he saw Jae on the park. They pulled out their beast grin as they turn their direction to the wooden swing, where Jae sat.

Jae still sits on that swing, not aware of the condition around him. Suddenly, 2 drunk men approached him. Jae still not aware of that, until he smell the alcohol from those men.

“Hm?? What’s this smell?” Jae talked to himself and lift his head just to see 2 drunken men looked at him with their lust eyes.

“Hey, sweetie.. why you..hic..alone..hic.. in this park?” one of the man start babbling while try to caressing his smooth pale skin. Jae suddenly felt so afraid. With all of his energy, he ran from that park.

“HEY YOU!!! COME BACK!!!” The other man shouted at him. Jae kept running and running. He just followed his instinct and went nowhere but that park. He turned his direction to the trees up the hill near the park, hoping they couldn’t catch him.

“Help.. help.. somebody help me.. anyone..help..” Jae mumbling to himself, while his eyes began dropped his tears. Jae felt his legs became so weak and tired, while he almost lost his breath. Looked around him, he couldn’t find a place just to hide from those insane man. He reached the top cliff on that hill and tried to think the best way to escape. All that he could see were trees. Climbing those tall trees of course became the last thing in his mind. He was afraid of height.

“Hey, pretty, I know you were there.. come out..come out and play with us..” those insane man shouting from behind, signaled they were getting closer to him. Jae felt so weak at that moment, and all that he could do just move backwards to the edge of the cliff on that hill. He felt so helpless. “Maybe..maybe.. it’s better for me to die than being by those insane man,” As he heard them getting closer to him, Jae took a glance to the cliff behind him. It was quite high. No.. I don’t wanna die. I wanna live. Somebody..please..help me.. Jae prayed wholeheartedly, hoping God will answer his pray this time.

Suddenly, He felt a pair of strong arms wrapped his waist, covered his mouth and dragged him to the trees. Oh my God, those rapists finally caught me? No..no..I must kept struggle. There’s no way I’m gonna give up on them!!! Jae thought in his mind.

“Hey..calm down..I’m not a bad guy. I’m just trying to save you from them,” a calm husky voice tickled his ear.

“Just calm down, and be quite. Don’t move, okay?” that voice still continued his sentences.

Jae only could froze when heard that voice. Then suddenly, A realization suddenly struck his mind. That voice, that husky soothing voice..It’s that boy.. it’s his savior voice!!!

***************** ps: This is Chapter 2. What do you think, Chingu? Comment Please... *bow*