Pumpkin

Civilizing Oh Sehun

Sehun wandered around the neighborhood endlessly after Cheong went her own way, he worried for his life as no one in Seoul seemed inviting at all. “Oh no, should I go back to the ocean?” He mumbled. Sehun crossed his arms and pondered up and down the streets away from the restaurants; he couldn’t be tempted by food just yet- he was low on pearls.

 

“LET’S go to HAEBIN’S house!”

“I LOVE PUMPKIN PIE!”

HAEBIN! KIM HAEBIN-BIN!”

“P to the U to the M P K I N, PUMPKIN-“

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow and slowly turned his head to see two other lads about his age stumbling up the street. “Oh! They seem nice!” He whispered. He followed them for a few minutes before mustering the courage to tap one of their shoulders. “Excuse me?”

The taller one turned around. “What’s up my dude?” He screamed. “WHAT’S UP?!”

Then the little one smacked his head before slurring his words. “Be niceee! Someone actually said excuse meee this time we…we should let them passss,” He cackled. He threw his arms up in the air and spun on his toes as he twirled aside. Then he bowed his head to the ground. “You may go,”

Sehun shook his head in confusion. “N-No that’s not what I mean, there’s plenty of room on this sidewalk for me go, you didn’t have to-“

“BRO, ARE YOU HERE FOR THE PUMPKIN PIE TOO?”

“P-Pumpkin?” Sehun scratched his head and suddenly all of his life choices seemed like mistakes. Is this what humans are like? How strange! Cheong is into this kind of people huh… “I have nowhere to go-“

The littler human sprung up and grabbed the merman into a headlock; he stood on his toes and whispered. “Come with me,” Then he giggled hysterically. “COME WITH US! HAEBIN IS SO FRIENDLY SHE WILL TAKE YOU IN LIKE SERIOUSLY,”

“R-Really?”

The tall and lanky man with the frizzy hair suddenly nodded furiously. “OH MY GOD, BAEKHYUN, YOU ARE SO RIGHT,” He exclaimed. “WHY THE NOT, RIGHT?”

Sehun nervously laughed and looked at the two skeptically before getting dragged away. Oh my God, mom, I am so sorry.

 

A couple minutes later

Haebin sat at her desk with her headphones on and almost instantly rolled her eyes when the stench of kimchi and soju filled her apartment. “Goddammit,” She wrinkled her nose. “Chanyeol and Baekhyun got drunk again!” She ripped the headphones out of her head and yelled. “CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES AND DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT FORGET TO SPRAY THE LIVING OUT OF MY BATHROOM.” She screamed. Haebin sighed. “I swear all of my freaking money is going into air fresheners and paper towels!”

 

Ding dong

 

Haebin her teeth and stuck her head out of her room. “CHANYEOL, JUST COME IN-“ She held onto the door hinge. “Pause, if Baekhyun is here doesn’t that mean Chanyeol is here? They come in a pair when they’re drunk, all the time, Baekhyun eats kimchi stew while he drinks which explain the kimchi smell… And if Baekhyun is here-“ Haebin nodded after reasoning with herself. “Yep, both idiots are here.” She slid her rolling chair back into her room and reached for her laptop before gawking.

 

Ding dong

 

Haebin stood up and walked down her hallway slowly. She stepped into the bathroom and pointed to the tiles. “Alright, Chanyeol is passed out on the floor like normal and…” She looked over. “Baekhyun is crying into a toilet, which seems right!” She scoffed. “Hey! Did you guys bring home a third person?”

Chanyeol moaned and rolled around on the floor. “I feel horrible…”

Haebin nudged his stomach with her foot. “Park Chanyeol! Did you drink with someone else?” She asked. “Who is that ringing my door? I told you not to bring-“

“Yeah his name is Pumpkin,” Chanyeol whispered. “Pumpkin… Lee Pumpkin…”

 

“Pumpkin?” Haebin unlocked her front door to see a young man. “Hi, are you Pumpkin?”

“Pumpkin?”

She chuckled. “Yeah, I knew they must’ve been kidding, anyway, who are you? Can I help you?”

The man touched the back of his neck and quietly said “I…I was with these two boys and they said I could come along,” He began. “But then they started walking very fast and I couldn’t keep up so that’s why I was waiting outside.”

“Why are you waiting?”

The young man stared at her with his bright eyes and in the most innocent voice he said: “Because I have nowhere to go…”

Haebin rolled her eyes and closed the door in his face. “I can’t deal with three drunken people!” She exclaimed. She strolled into her bathroom and quickly sat Chanyeol up. “Come on, strip down, let’s get you cleaned up-“

Baekhyun pulled his head out of the toilet and wiped his face with his sleeve. “Are you going to leave Pumpkin outside like that? Bro, your landlord just installed new CCTV cameras…if something happens to him you are in deep for closing the door in his face!”

Haebin turned around and gritted her teeth. “…Motherer!” She hastily washed her hands in her sink and ran her palms down her shirt before ripping the front door open again.

 

“You! Come inside!”


[a/n]: Comments are much appreciated!