Eccentric, ft. Joshua of SEVENTEEN

A Deck of KARD(s)

“LA’s been good man, we miss you over there.”

“Ah, that’s nice to hear.”

“Oh, yeah, and- “

The two Korean Americans stopped at the fabulous member in the center of the room. Joshua raised an eyebrow as he looked to BM, but the older member had the same look of confusion. They could only stare as J.Seph whipped around his pink boa wrapped around his neck as he tipped a purple, cheetah-printed, wide-brimmed pimp hat. He was only wearing black clothes beneath, which made the items even more jarring. Luckily. his back was turned or else this would be a very awkward encounter between the male members. It didn’t help that “Dancing Queen” was playing through the speakers.

The Americans jumped at the stifled giggle.

“Oppa!” J.Seph jumped, his golden, star-shaped sunglasses looking wildly at the laughing Somin. “What the heck are you doing?!”

Jiwoo’s face looked ghastly in disgust as she choked at the sight of the oldest member while the older girl laughed hard. Somin grabbed her pained stomach before falling forward, the mirth weakening and shaking her whole body. BM and Joshua could only cough awkwardly as they stepped in, moving closer to the embarrassed rapper. J.Seph could only hide his red face beneath the big hat.

“H-hyung,” BM hesitantly said. “Is there something you’d like to say?”

The Ace was speechless, as usual.

“Is this a bad time?” The SEVENTEEN vocal got closer to his friend, but still kept his distance. “If so, I can just- “

“No, no!” BM grabbed Joshua’s shoulder and brought him closer to the shy J.Seph. “I was gonna introduce you to the members anyway. This is J.Seph!”

“G-greetings, I’m Joshua…”

The oldest member could only nod shyly.

“Hey, he’s cute!” Somin tackled Joshua from behind with a hug, causing the singer to yelp. “Can I keep him?”

“I-I’m not a puppy!”

BM laughed as Joshua tried to pry himself from Somin, but the Black Joker’s hug wrapped around him in a death grip.

“Yah, Somin.” BM knocked the girl’s head once, causing her to let go as she covered the hurt area. “Leave the guy alone, he’s my guest.”

“But he’s really, really cute.” Somin pouted at the young rapper. “Like, really, really cute…”

“You’ll get someone someday,” Jiwoo said as she walked by them to headbutt J.Seph’s arm. “Just not today.”

Somin whined, crossing her arms and turning around in frustration. Joshua sighed in relief, looking to Jiwoo to thank her. When they made eye contact, though, the maknae widened her eyes and looked away, biting her lip in an effort to stop the redness that seeped into her cheeks.

“I-It’s nothing,” Jiwoo said. “Just make yourself comfortable, I guess.”

“A-alright…”

“So, that bundle of emo is Jiwoo- “

“Hey!”

“And that bundle of frustrated cuteness is Somin.”

“H-Hey…”

BM pointed to each members as Joshua nodded.

“I would introduce them to you, but they seem to be particularly shy today,” BM noticed with a raised eyebrow. “Ah, well. I was going to go for some dri- “

“We’d love to join in!” Somin hopped on BM’s back in surprise, causing the tall man to groan at the sudden weight. “You’re the first guest we had from outside of the company since debut!”

“N-Not that we didn’t have other guests,” Jiwoo quickly butted in. “Th-they’re usually just in-house…”

J.Seph, forsaking the questionable items from earlier, walked over to Joshua and rested a hand on his shoulder.

“You are still young.” His words were soft, yet deep. “Run.”

Joshua didn’t know what to make of it, so he just nodded.

“S-So guys.” The vocalist finally spoke up with a clap of his hands. “Let’s go for some drinks. Sounds good?”

“Yes!” Somin threw her fist in the air. “Onward, BM my steed!”

BM groaned in response as he took pained steps forward. Jiwoo could only watch in them envy before following suit. J.Seph took one glance back at the hat and the boa before shaking his head.

His time to be the Dancing Queen hasn’t come yet.