Dreams

A Deck of KARD(s)

“Yeah, the best Unpretty Rapstar Contestant!” The maknae spun with a fake mic in her hand. “Jeon Jiwoo!”

The dance room was empty, save for the rough and tough Color Joker. In the heavy silence, she dropped in exhaustion as she breathed deeply. She just spent the last few hours doing some rapping in case DSP wants to pull a move and make Jiwoo into a rapper for K.A.R.D. Ok, so maybe the company won’t do something like that and, say, make J.Seph into a singer, but Jiwoo is preparing for the hip hop. She’s been listening to a lot of it recently and by she, I mean me, the author and she’s been bopping to it. From Token to Aesop Rock to BewhY, she’s been taking in this deeper understanding of lyrics and tried to make her own rhymes against random beats she found online and in the reserve files hidden deep within the recesses of DSP’s archives.

“Bravo, Jeon Jiwoo!”

The maknae jumped from the sudden, lone applause. She turned to find the tall member leaning against the doorway as he clapped slowly. Jiwoo’s blush surged through her cheeks, causing her to turn away quickly from him. Embarrassment coursed from her heart to her veins, causing her to stand still.

“Sh-Shut up!”

Jiwoo saw Matthew walk closer, forcing her to move away.

“What?” Matthew smirked when the maknae leaned against a wall, with nowhere to run. “I’m just congratulating you.”

A hand slammed itself beside the blonde’s head. Jiwoo watched it with wide eyes as the hand slid against the mirrored wall. Warm fingers slipped against her bare neck, summoning goosebumps in their wake.

“What a powerful little mouth you have.” Jiwoo wanted to yell against this jerk of an oppa, but her body wouldn’t cooperate. “What else could it do?”

Her heart hammered rapidly against her chest, her lips drawn to Matthew’s as he slowly leaned in. She closed her eyes, wishing for this nightmare to end as she raised her arms. They weren’t for pushing, but rather pulling his body into her’s so they could push through this night mare and into a blissful-

“Jiwoo-ah!”

The maknae jumped.

“Geez, we leave for an hour and you take a nap.” Jiwoo yelped bounced when Matthew dropped himself on one side of the sofa. “Here’s your latte.”

The tall member ed the plastic cup into her hand. It bounced with her when J.Seph dropped himself on the other end of the sofa, putting her in between the both of rappers. Snores emanated from his lifeless body, much to the giggle of the vocalist.

“We must be really tired,” Somin said as she looked up to the clock. “It’s almost 9 and here we are, still practicing.”

“Y-yeah.” Jiwoo covered her shame with her cap. “Wh-what a day…”

“Move over.” The maknae did so for the older girl to plop beside her. “How’s your dream?”

“I-I didn’t get to.” The blonde eyed Matthew for a moment before looking away. “It was all black from the exhaustion.”

“Jiwoo-yah.”

“Ya-?”

Somin’s finger poked at the maknae’s cheek.

“You’re not good at lying.”

“But-!”

“Is it Matthew?”

Jiwoo shivered quickly from the whisper before shoving the older vocalist away.

“Not so close!”

“Ey, ey, ey!” The girls looked to the tall rapper, who was at the edge of sleep. “No… No fighting girls…”

A second snore joined J.Seph’s, creating a dual chorus of snoring on the sofa. The girls looked to both sides before giggling at their oppas’ foolishness. They left the sofa and gently pushed the men towards each other, with Somin taking care of J.Seph and Jiwwo taking care of Matthew. The maknae took her time with the push, being careful to not wake up the rapper, but also so that her fingers can enjoy these taut muscles that were buried beneath the sea of black fabric. She sighed, easing the man into the oldest member such that they were sitting right beside each other, with Teahyung’s head on BM’s shoulder and the tallest member’s head on the older.

Somin quickly took a picture with silent giggles.

Jiwoo was staring at BM’s chiseled face before slapping herself away from the view.

“You are so obvious, dear.” Somin smirked at Jiwoo’s sputtering. “You totally want BM.”

“N-No, I don’t!” The maknae crossed her arms and looked away from the older woman. “I-I’m just flustered from being waken so suddenly.”

“It’s fine.” The raven-haired member leaned in and wrapped an arm around the younger’s waist. “Just don’t be so hopeless about it.”

“U-Unnie?”

“How about we work on that confidence for a bit, eh?”

Jiwoo was not prepared for Somin’s kiss. The maknae never knew how sweet the older member could be, and yet when she pulled away, the flavor of her lips remained. The blonde her own lips, chasing for that small, lingering trace of Somin’s kiss. The raven-haired member could only smirk.

“Like it?”

“I… I…”

“JOSHUA!”

“TAEHYUNG!”

The men suddenly woke up in each other’s arms. The women watched as they pushed away from each other in disgust, screaming while doing so. BM even went so far as to hop over the edge of the couch and run to the door as he kept screaming in utter horror. The women could only laugh at the whole thing as they watched BM roll on the floor. J.Seph only leaned against the other edge, hand over his mouth as her could only visualize what he had done.

“We’re one of those groups, are we?” The oldest’s hands covered his face. “Not the fanfiction…”

The girls could only smirk, before eying each other. This was going to be an interesting career for them, and they sealed that bet with a grip of each other's hands. The chaos was only beginning.