Different

Love and Monsters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s different, she looks up even when the stars aren’t shining.” – j. iron word

Kim Hanbin was being restless. He was busy walking back in forth inside the music studio. Bobby sighed as he watched Hanbin. They had to finish writing their songs and making the demos. Two days to go before the deadline. iKON was going to release a new album. All the songs were good, actually. Their Dara-sunbaenim lend her time and listened to all their demo songs and said that all of it were good. But she noticed something. Something that made Hanbin giddy and made Bobby dizzy by watching him. 

 

“You should try writing a love song. A happy one. You guys always write sad songs. How about a song about a happy love song? Or about falling in love?”

 

Yeah, almost all their songs were sad, melancholic, and depressing. Why? Well, ask Hanbin. He never experienced having a girlfriend. He was always awkward and tongue-tied whenever it comes to girls. So of course, he never wrote happy love songs or falling in love. Bobby sighed for the nth time.

 

“Hanbin-ah, let’s go,” Bobby finally said, standing up and opening the door of the music studio.

 

“Huh?” Hanbin asked, he promptly stopped on his musing. Bobby smiled, showing his cute bunny teeth.

 

“Let’s go people watching on the convenience store outside,” Bobby answered.

 

And that’s why they were now sitting on one of the tables outside the convenience store near YG, both drinking coffee, looking around, thinking of lyrics to write.

 

“Hyung it’s hopeless. How could I write about falling in love?” Hanbin groaned and Bobby grinned.

 

“Don’t force yourself. Remember how we wrote ‘My Type’? I told you about how I felt for Hayi and we wrote about it,” Bobby answered and sipped on his coffee. Hanbin, however, wasn’t listening at all. He was busy staring at someone else.

 

She walked on the street, wearing a simple black skirt that stop above her knees, white sneakers and white off-shoulder shirt. She was wearing sunglasses, to disguise herself. She walked with confidence and swag, as if she own the place. She looked snob and unreachable. She’s like an ice princess. No, scratch that. She didn’t even looked like a princess. She looked like a queen, always so dominating and commanding. She pushed the door of the convenience store opened and Hanbin watched as she went to the cashier and buy a tub of ice cream.

 

Bobby narrowed his eyes and followed Hanbin’s line of vision. There she saw Kim Jennie, BlackPink’s supposed-to-be leader, their rapper and dancer, and also singer. Or as Chanu jokingly called her, their Queen Jennie. When he think about it, Hanbin was not really close to BlackPink, even though the girls were all friendly and they’re same-age range with them. He looked back at Hanbin who was still staring at her, his mouth slightly agape. Bobby smirked. Looks like they’ll gonna have a happy song, anyway. And when Jennie went out, Bobby took the chance to see Hanbin’s reaction and how he would act in response, him being awkward and all.

 

“Jennie-ah!!” Bobby called and saw Hanbin jerked. He looked at Bobby, probably asking Bobby what’s wrong with him. Bobby only smirked.

 

“Oh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter