Something

Love and Monsters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She wanted something else, something different, something more. Passion and romance, perhaps, or maybe quiet conversations in candlelit rooms, or perhaps something as simple as not being second.” – Nicholas Sparks

 

'Did BLACKPINK Jennie Break Up With G-Dragon?'

 

'G-Dragon and Jennie hit with break up rumors' 

 

'GD and Jennie revealed to have broken up.' 

 

Kim Jennie sighed as she massaged her temples. It's so early in the morning and her name is already splattered on the internet. Her name with Kwon Jiyong trending on Naver and Jennie felt a headache coming. 

 

"Wow, you broke up with Jiyong-oppa? That was so fast," Jisoo commented as she placed a cup of coffee on the table, in front of Jennie who rolled her eyes. 

 

"Unnie," Jennie groaned as Jisoo snickered. She grabbed the cup of coffee, sipping the French press coffee, nodding as the bitterness tickled her tastebuds. Jisoo being obsessed with coffee-making have its pros, really. 

 

"This issue is so funny. Like, what? They want to bury another issue so they decided that you and Jiyong-oppa should break up? Crazy," Jisoo stated, rolling her eyes as she tapped on her phone. 

 

"I never even dated him, ugh," Jennie remarked and Jisoo just nodded, her brows furrowed as she read the articles. 

 

"Wow, comments are worse than when you and Jongin broke up," Jisoo said and she suddenly flinched, realizing what she said. 

 

Jennie noticed her unnie's reaction and just shook her head. "It's fine, unnie. I'm fine. It's been years. We both move on already." 

 

"Move on? Then why aren't you happy?" Jisoo asked, one meticulous brow raised as Jennie rolled her eyes. 

 

"Does moving on means I should be happy?" 

 

"Jendeuk! Of course you should be happy! When was the last time you were genuinely happy?" Jisoo exclaimed and Jennie sadly smiled. 

 

When? Almost 3 years ago. In Paris. With him. With Kim Jongin. That was the last time she really felt happy. But it was shortlived. It would never really work out once the media sniffed their budding relationship. They both know it. They know their fans, his fans, specifically, will never accept it. So they broke up. And man, he really took away her happiness when he left. 

 

"Ahh, this won't do. Let me set you up, arasseo?" Jisoo stated, pulling Jennie away from her thoughts. 

 

"Bwo? Sogaeting?" Jennie asked, bewildered as her unnie excitedly nodded, her eyes glistened with mischief. 

 

"What? Just try it, Jen. If you don't like the person, then declined. But meet him first," Jisoo said, shrugging her shoulders as Jennie narrowed her eyes. 

 

"And who is this 'him' you're talking about?" Jennie demanded as Jisoo grinned. 

 

"I'm still thinking. I'll probably ask Minho for help," Jisoo answered and Jennie knew, when those two join forces, nothing good will come out of it. But she'll just let her unnie be, there's no harm in it anyway. 

 

And maybe Jennie shouldn't have indulge her unnie. Because here she was at Lab 24, in Gangnam, wearing her white Daisy Ring Cotton hoodie, a white BDG utility pants, paired with her white Stan Smith Converse snickers. She doesn't even know if her attire is appropriate on the place. Her Jisoo-unnie didn't even tell her where the blind date is until the last minute. 

 

Thankfully, her attire was passable and she was crossing her fingers that the attendant on the entrance didn't recognized her, she's just wearing her Gentle Monster sunglasses as a disguise, they let her in and she quickly scanned the area. 

 

Huh, it's a French restaurant, Jennie concluded and she so wanted to evaporate because her outfit really didn't fit the ambiance at all. She looked around, trying to remember what her unnie told her about who she was meeting with. 

 

"He's gonna wear a customized Nike shoes, it's blue, given by his fans," Jisoo uttered as she watched Jennie pulled her hair up in a messy ponytail. 

 

"What a clue. Am I supposed to peek on everyone's shoes on the restaurant?" Jennie dryly commented and Jisoo just laughed. 

 

"You'll know when you saw him. Use your instinct, Jen," Jisoo offhandedly said as she shoo Jennie out their dorm. 

 

"Great, everyone's sitting. How am I supposed to see those Nike shoes," Jennie murmured as she slowly walked around. There's only a few people for the moment so Jennie tried to act casual. 

 

"Uhm, hi?" 

 

Jennie heard a very familiar voice and felt a tap on her shoulder. Her eyes widen, her mind churning as she realized who it was by the voice alone. She slowly turned around and tried her best to not be surprised but a gasp still escaped her when her eyes settled on the person. And she was right on who it was. 

 

"Yah! Why are you here?" she exclaimed and quickly pressed her hands on when she realized how loud she said it. She swiftly bowed to the other customers that she bothered. 

 

"Uhh, let's sit?" The guy said and motioned on a nearby table, Jennie following him, observing him.

 

He really didn't change much since the last time she saw him. But still, it felt surreal. He looks taller, more matured, as if time moved so fast and he grow so much from that boy she compete with and always try to surpass back in their trainee days. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter