Discover section, comment bonus, comment streaks

Stranger Harmony

Hi, Lia here~

I'm going to cover several topics today, as you can see from the title.

Recently, AFF has been going through a lot of changes, which we should all thank Nichiren for. He's been working very hard~

These have all been around for a while, but I still want to voice my thoughts on them. Better late than never, right? :P

~ ~ ~

The first specific addition to the site I want to focus on is the Discover section of the stories!

These are for stories that don't have as many comments as compared to their number of words. I personally think that this section is wonderful- I've found many amazing stories that have little to no subscribers/upvotes/comments, all thanks to this feature.

~ ~ ~

With the introduction of the Discover section also comes the comment bonus.

If you comment on a story with the 'comment bonus' in its status, you get an extra karma point! This is a great initiative to propel people to comment on stories that are dying to receive feedback from a kind somebody.

~ ~ ~

Lastly, the comment streaks are a way to get people to comment every day. This is an awesome way to get people to want to keep commenting. Better yet, if someone's comment isn't a good one, a downvote will bring their comment streak back to 0. LOL.

If your comment streak is especially high, it'll show up highlighted next to your username whenever you comment. It's a nice achievement to be able to display. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at keeping my streak up... maybe one day I'll be able to get into the double digits.

~ ~ ~

What I want to know is if these features have actually been working. How many people actually use the discover section to find great stories? Or do people still go to the other sections under 'Stories' to find the things they want to read?

 

That's all for today!

Goodbye,

- Lia.